Sore arm at the elbow .The reason for the pain .
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Causes pain in the elbow joints
- Diagnostic tests for pain in the elbow
- specialists who can help with pain in the elbow
- What and how to treat elbow joints?
The elbow joint is a complex articulation of three bones, as part of which there are three small joint:
- between the ulna and radius;
- between the radius and the humerus;
- between the ulna and humerus.
joint is covered with a synovial membrane.Next to it are the nerve trunks, blood vessels, muscles, tendons and other anatomical structures.Therefore, if the elbow joint were pain, then the reasons for this may be too much.
pain can appear not only in athletes and avid gardeners.Often unpleasant symptom may occur spontaneously.What can be caused by pain in the elbow and how to fix it?
Causes pain in the elbow joints
consider each of the causes that can lead to pain in the elbow.It can be both joint and extra-articular causes:
- osteochondrosis of the cervical spine (low back pain is a disease in which disturbedthe normal structure of the intervertebral disc, which leads to compression of the nerve roots).
- Deforming osteoarthritis (a disease characterized by degeneration and degenratsiey cartilage that covers the articular surface of the humerus, radius and ulna).
- Rheumatoid arthritis, which develops in autoimmune lesions of the joint tissues.Arthritis of the elbow may appear suddenly.Symptoms of the disease include: arm at the elbow pain is usually in the morning, and the pain may subside during the day.Movement brings discomfort, difficult to straighten the arm, pull right.The elbow may be slightly swollen, but usually it happens in the later stages of the disease.
- Gout, in which the cause of pain is uric acid crystals that accumulate in the joint cavity.Two centuries ago gout was considered a noble disease, as could occur due to eating and abundant drinking.Actually gout occurs because the overabundance of uric acid in the body.Symptoms all the same - pain in the joints, swelling (sometimes elbow may increase to the size of quail eggs), local temperature rise, and redness of the skin.Chondrocalcinosis
- - calcium deposition in cartilage that lead to joint obezystvleniyu.
- Tendonitis - inflammation which affects the tendons.
- ulnar tunnel syndrome, in which the source of the pain is nerve root compression passing between bones and ligaments.Entrapment of the ulnar nerve manifests itself strongly, shooting pain in the elbow, which gives to the forearm.You may also experience unusual sensations in the fingers or palms - numbness, tingling or prickling.These phenomena are present due to impaired nerve conduction.By pinching can cause overexertion of muscles of the hands or injury.
- Inflammation of the joint capsule of the olecranon (bursitis).
- Bleeding into joints (hemarthrosis), which may arise on the background of traumatic injury, as well as violations in the coagulation system.So, the most frequently encountered hemarthrosis in hemophilia (a hereditary disease that affects the male gender, and is characterized by a deficiency of certain clotting factors).
- osteochondritis dissecans, which is characterized by destruction of the cartilage to form its fragments, so-called joint mice that lead to joint unit in motion.
- Diffuse fasciitis - inflammation of the fascial sheaths of muscles, which can affect the skin and takes the form of "orange" peel.
- Trauma diseases, which include joint dislocations and subluxations bones, fractures of bones, etc.Experts say the bruise is not as serious an injury as a fracture or dislocation of the ulna, but the damage causes severe discomfort.The more impressed by the elbow, the more pronounced the symptoms - constant nagging pain that increases with movement, swelling and bruising in the area of the elbow.When dislocation symptoms resemble a bruise, but it can also be added numbness of the fingers, the inability to bend the arm at the elbow.Since the blood circulation is disrupted when a dislocation, the pulse at the wrist joint is not detectable.
- Overvoltage forearm muscles or damage.
intense pressure on the forearm muscles often leads to pain in the elbow.The disease is often called vulgar disease truckers or athletes, and this is no accident.Long monotonous work, often in an awkward position (eg, weeding flower beds) or sharp movements the athlete (eg, tennis serve) injure the joints.There is a nagging pain in the affected joint skin may be slightly swollen, hot to the touch.Such a condition doctors call epicondylitis.Depending on the location of the pain is lateral epicondylitis (joint pain on the outer side) or median (the pain is felt on the inside of the joint, the elbow).
thus causes pain in the elbow can be very diverse, so you need a differentiated approach in diagnosis and treatment.
Diagnostic tests for pain in the elbow
for the differential diagnosis of pain in the elbow is necessary to conduct as objective research, and other methods.At the beginning of the doctor examines the area of the affected joint, it palpates (feels) manufactures passive and active movements in the joints, as well as evaluates the changes that occur during physical activity.After that assign appropriate diagnostic tests, which include:
- joint puncture with cytology punctate (evaluated the cellular composition of the liquid obtained);
- ultrasound joints;
- arthroscopy (visualization of the joint cavity using a special endoscopic techniques), which complements the joint puncture;
- computer and magnetic resonance imaging;
- laboratory tests for suspected gout, rheumatoid arthritis and other
specialists who can help with pain in the elbow
Pain in the elbow -. This unpleasant symptom that can sometimes lead to breakages.Therefore, one should not neglect such painful manifestations.
First of all, you need to come to the consultation to the therapist.He will hold a primary survey and send to the person who most competent in this situation.So, dislocations and fractures - this area of trauma, rheumatic - rheumatologist, nervous system diseases and muscle damage - the neurologist, etc.
Independently orient in a variety of medical specialties the patient is not able to, so make sure to visit the therapist.
What and how to treat elbow joints?
Since the majority of patients pronounced pain syndrome, the drug treatment of elbow primarily prescribe painkillers.
Medicaments can be administered orally in tablet form (eg, Nise, Bonifen) or as an ointment (Voltaren).Ointment or gel should not be used without a prescription - in some cases, rubbing ointments, massage or other mechanical impact on the elbow may be contraindicated.
After anesthesia is necessary to eliminate the causes of the pain in the elbow.With arthritis, osteoarthritis is necessary to eliminate the inflammatory process, which is raging in the joint tissues.For this purpose non-steroidal antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs abbreviated).These drugs are widely available in pharmacies - diclofenac and its analogs, ibuprofen, piroxicam.These tools are highly effective, but have a number of contraindications.
Assign medication and the exact dosage should a doctor, based on the patient's state of health.In some contraindications (disease of the gastrointestinal tract, liver), the use of tablets is not possible, so the doctor may prescribe taking medicines by injection.
Another effective means of treatment of diseases of the elbow joints - a physiotherapy.Electrophoresis, barotherapy, magnetic therapy, paraffin baths, ozocerite and mud wraps permit as soon as possible to stop the aggravation of inflammatory diseases of the joints.Treatment procedures should be carried out a course, usually to improve the state requires 10-12 sessions.
Traditional medicine can also help in the treatment.At home, you can make salt baths (especially useful for joint sea salt), do simple exercises (unless the doctor prescribed complete rest diseased joint), taking herbal infusions and decoctions.In diseases elbow your doctor may recommend the use of an extract of cowberry, wormwood, dandelion, Chickweed.
important when the first pain in the elbow joints immediately seek medical help.This not only contributes to a speedy cure, but will not let go of the disease of the joints in chronic stage.
15 Dec, 2017
15 Dec, 2017