Heartburn during pregnancy : reasons .How to get rid of heartburn ?
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Why pregnant vozniaket heartburn?
- Consequences of heartburn in the future mother
- main symptoms of heartburn
- How to deal with heartburn in pregnancy?
- How to get rid of heartburn without drugs?
- What can pregnant women from heartburn, so as not to harm the fetus?
Pregnancy is a physiological process in which there are major hormonal changes, women and the anatomical relations of the abdominal cavity.This can lead to a number of uncomfortable conditions such as heartburn, toxemia, constipation, etc.And in early pregnancy heartburn occurs in 1/3 of women.
Why pregnant vozniaket heartburn?
To understand why pregnancy appears heartburn, you need to know the mechanism of the development of the state in general.
between the esophagus and the stomach is the cardiac sphincter (muscular valve), which prevents the ingress of gastric fluid into the esophagus.The mechanism of development of heartburn is the casting of acidic stomach contents into the esophagus (gastroesophageal reflux ez
reasons for heartburn during pregnancy can be divided into 2 groups:
- hormonal changes in the body.In the first trimester of pregnancy is an increase in the concentration of the hormone progesterone, which leads to an increase in gastric acid secretion and gastric acidity.This leads to the fact that developing heartburn still in the early stages of pregnancy.
- heartburn in pregnant women in the later stages due to the change in the anatomical relations of the abdominal organs, namely the displacement of the stomach enlarged pregnant uterus anatomical changes the angle between the esophagus and the stomach.As a result - a relaxation of the sphincter and casting of gastric contents into the esophagus.
Consequences of heartburn in the future mother
prolonged irritation of the esophagus acidic gastric juice can lead to atrophic esophagitis - inflammation and atrophy of the mucosa (atrophy - the process of thinning the mucous).In the future may develop mucosal erosion and degeneration of the epithelium (metaplasia) in oncologic pathology.Therefore, treatment of heartburn in pregnancy - is not only fighting the discomfort, but also the prevention of further serious complications.
main symptoms of heartburn
Main symptoms of heartburn fairly characteristic, such complaints appear:
- burning sensation behind the breastbone, in the chest, especially after a fatty, acidic or fried foods, lasts from several minutes to several hours;
- pain in the chest that occurs when changing body position - with tilt, swivel;
- sour taste in the mouth, may be aggravated by belching;
- difficulty swallowing solid food;
- feeling of "jam" of food in the esophagus, disappears after a sip of water;
- accompanying nausea and vomiting that accompanies morning sickness in the first trimester of pregnancy.
diagnosis of heartburn in pregnancy is based on the specific complaints and clinical symptoms.Additional instrumental and laboratory examination is not carried out.
How to deal with heartburn in pregnancy?
heartburn treatment in pregnant women has several features:
- systemic drugs for heartburn (tablets, the active ingredient which is absorbed into the blood - ranitidine, omeprazole, famotidine) can not be used because they can affect the growing fetus;
- not use hormonal treatments (to hormonal changes of pregnancy);
- late in pregnancy except for the use of funds from heartburn important to avoid pressure on the stomach, so as not to provoke the casting of gastric juice into the esophagus through the advanced sphincter.
How to get rid of heartburn without drugs?
Events that reduce gastric acidity and prevent heartburn include the following:
- diet that excludes eating, stimulating the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.It is fried and smoked foods, broths, acidic foods (lemons, food containing vinegar, yogurt).
- After a meal you need to remain in an upright position, not to go to bed, as the horizontal position of the body can provoke gastroesophageal reflux ezzofagalny.
- Do not eat before going to bed, it is better for dinner no later than 2 hours before bedtime.
- Exclude reception sparkling mineral water as well as gases, stretching the stomach wall, stimulate the secretion of hydrochloric acid and impaired cardiac sphincter.
- Limit drinks reception, increasing the acidity of gastric juice - coffee, black tea.
- To prevent GORD in late pregnancy - an exception stooping forward, wearing loose clothing to avoid pressure on the stomach.
- emotional factor may lead to neurogenic increased secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, so it is necessary to restrict as much as possible from the effects of stress factors.
What can pregnant women from heartburn, so as not to harm the fetus?
Medicines can deal with heartburn in pregnancy without the damaging effects on the fetus - antacids local actions that are not absorbed into the bloodstream.The mechanism of action of these drugs is to neutralize the hydrochloric acid to form salt and water.The active ingredient is aluminum hydroxide.Representatives of these funds:
- Aluminium phosphate gel - local antacid, having the properties of the sorbent, is effective in the first trimester of pregnancy, as it reduces nausea and vomiting, the blood is not absorbed, is valid only in the lumen of the stomach and intestines, the dosage form in the form of a gel;
- Almagelum - properties similar to Fosfalyugel, does not have the sorbent properties, the dosage form in the form of a gel;
- Maalox - lozenges, which reduce acidity, reduce the burning sensation and pain in the chest;
- alyugastr - tablets for heartburn, which have shielding and astringent - form a protective film on the mucosa of the esophagus and stomach into the site of inflammation or erosion.
Baking soda heartburn pregnant not used, since this compound is an alkali and further irritate the mucous membrane of the stomach and esophagus.In addition, in the neutralization of hydrochloric acid with soda it produces carbon dioxide, which stretches the stomach and further weakens the cardiac sphincter, promoting GORD.In addition to local
antacids are effective folk remedies for heartburn:
- milk - a natural antacid that has sorptive properties with heartburn do quite a few sips of milk, which will stop the burning sensation and pain in the chest;
- eggshell - used to grind eggshells, which neutralizes the hydrochloric acid, taken in small amounts (on the tip of a teaspoon), it is important to wash thoroughly before applying the egg;
- nuts - a remedy for heartburn, which helps to prevent its development, are used for the purpose of prevention;
- grated onion with the sugar in a ratio of 1: 1, was adopted during the burning sensation in the chest;
- tincture of medicinal herbs - St. John's wort and mint 100 g and 75 g of yarrow pour 2 cups boiling water, allow to stand overnight and filtered, taken 1 time per day in the amount of 100 mL, an effective means for preventing heartburn;
- eating food clay - a natural antacid local action containing silicon.
important to remember that heartburn during pregnancy is a temporary condition associated with the peculiarities of physiology and anatomical location of organs in the abdominal cavity.However, several months heartburn discomfort apart can lead to complications in the form of atrophic esophagitis, esophageal epithelium metaplasia.Therefore, heartburn can and should fight, using safe methods.