Bowel problems : Symptoms and Treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- dyspeptic syndrome
- syndrome Bowel problems in pregnancy
- problems with the intestines of the child
- treatment of bowel problems
Symptoms of small and large intestine diseasesquite varied.Therefore, for convenience, they are grouped into various syndromes.Syndrome - a set of symptoms that have a similarity between the characteristic and specific diseases.Main syndromes, indicating problems with the gastrointestinal tract such:
- dyspeptic syndrome - a complex manifestations of digestive disorders, brings together a large number of symptoms that can be suspected bowel disease;
- pain - is manifested by pain in the abdomen, in its various departments, the pain can be of different nature and intensity, but most stupid associated with spasm of the smooth muscle of the intestinal wall.
This syndrome combines a large group of symptoms characteristic of various diseases of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Decreased appetite - accompanies almost all bowel disease.
- bloating (flatulence) - sometimes in violation of digestion in the gut associated with a deficiency of digestive enzymes of the pancreas and the small intestinal mucosa, characterized by the fact that the food is digested by intestinal bacteria (also at a dysbacteriosis) with gas evolution, the stomach is increased in volumeIt arises arching pain.It occurs in diseases such as chronic pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), enteritis (inflammation of the small intestine).
- Nausea and vomiting - a protective reaction, through which the body tries to get rid of various toxins, caught in the gastrointestinal tract.Accompanying food poisoning (toxins getting into the intestine with food), acute intestinal infections (bacteria entering the intestines, also produce toxins).
- Diarrhea (diarrhea) - also a defensive reaction of the organism to the action of toxins in the intestines.There is increased peristalsis (movement of smooth muscles of the intestinal walls, provides the movement of food weight), water from the intestinal lumen is not soaked.These mechanisms lead to the fact that the chair quickens and becomes liquid.Diarrhea happens in almost all acute intestinal infections.
- Problems with bowel movement - manifested in the form of constipation, disclose a violation intestinal motility and stool formation with colitis (inflammation of the colon).
This set of symptoms manifested by pain in the abdomen, which may be in different locations, the nature and intensity:
- dull pain in the upper abdomen (epigastrium) - indicates the inflammation of the lining of the stomach (gastritis);
- acute epigastric pain point at the top of the stomach and the left - a symptom of stomach ulcers;
- aching pain in the umbilical region of the abdomen - a manifestation of enteritis (inflammation of the mucous membrane of the small intestine), pain mechanism is associated with spasm of the gut wall;
- pain in the lower abdomen on the left - the case with sigmoid (inflammation of the sigmoid colon, which is the portion of the large intestine);
- acute pain in the lower abdomen on the right - a symptom of appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix - a small intestine section, located at the junction of the small intestine into the large intestine).
Knowing the symptoms of bowel disease will suspect them, and make the right decision, to which the doctor ask for help:
- the appearance of bowel symptoms should see a gastroenterologist;
- in case of pain in the appendix, you must seek assistance from the surgeon.
during certain physiological conditions, as well as in early childhood work of the gastrointestinal tract has its own characteristics.
Bowel problems in pregnancy
Pregnancy - is a physiological state in which all the organs and systems of the body women undergo functional changes associated with the restructuring of the hormonal and anatomical location of the abdominal cavity.The main problems with the intestines during pregnancy is:
- Violation bowel as constipation - can manifest itself in the first trimester of pregnancy is associated with an increase in the amount of progesterone in the blood of pregnant women, which relaxes the smooth muscles of the intestine and reduces its motility.In the later stages of pregnancy constipation and associated with increased pressure of the uterus on the large intestine.
- appearance of blood in the stool - due to the development of hemorrhoids in the rectum.The nodes are formed as a result of violations of the outflow of blood through the veins of the rectum.This can manifest pain or itching in the rectum, in the stool can appear streaks of blood.The reason for going to the doctor can be a significant bleeding from the rectum, which does not itself take place over 2 days.
- loose stools - can occur in the second trimester of pregnancy and after childbirth, due to the development of dysbiosis in the gut.
should be remembered that on their own intestinal problems during pregnancy on the fetus is not affected, it can be affected by improper treatment of these problems.Therefore, self-treat constipation, hemorrhoids and intestinal dysbiosis is not recommended.You must consult your doctor or gynecologist gastroenterologist, who will tell you what to do with the appearance of these symptoms.
problems with the intestines of the child
Children intestinal problems caused by its functional immaturity.So on the error in the diet of the child the gut can respond decreased production of food enzymes and development of dyspeptic symptoms.Most often found in childhood such intestinal problems:
- dyspeptic syndrome associated with impaired secretion of food enzymes, accompanied by nausea, bloating, diarrhea, can also be a pain in the umbilical region;
- intestinal infection - common in children as well as the level of hygiene in childhood still low.Manifested by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea and fever;
- worm infestation (worms) - is also associated with an insufficient level of personal hygiene.Parasitism of worms in the intestinal lumen manifests itself by nausea, constipation can be, reducing the child's weight and anemia (steal symptom - the nutrients do not have time to be absorbed from the intestine into the blood, their uses worms), aching abdominal pain, allergic reaction;
- appendicitis - is characterized by pain in the lower abdomen on the right side, because the child has a high reactivity of the immune system - fast switch in purulent appendicitis and peritonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum), why waste time with a visit to the children's surgeon is not necessary.
Due to the nature of food and lack of development of the digestive system, is separately highlight the problems with the intestines in infants.The first six months an infant is fed exclusively with breast milk of mother.However, in some situations (lack of breast milk, lack of mother's awareness, which introduces the child to the additional artificial nutrition) in the newborn are developing such bowel problems:
- dyspeptic syndrome, which manifests profuse regurgitation after feeding the baby, bloating and abdominal pain (the newborn abdominal pain in the form of colic in which the child is restless, constantly crying, tummy firm);
- intestinal infection - the result of infant feeding products containing pathogens of acute intestinal infection characterized by the appearance of diarrhea, which can lead to rapid dehydration of the body of the child, so at the first sign of diarrhea should immediately seek medical help;
- congenital deficiency of food enzymes - even while breastfeeding the newborn has signs of dyspeptic symptoms.
Treatment of bowel problems
treatment is carried out only after complete examination and determine the causes of the disease.Depending on the diagnosis therapy may include:
- diet - effective at insufficiency of food enzymes, eliminates fried food intake and smoked;
- causal treatment - involves the use of antibiotics in the intestinal infection, eubiotics (laktuvit, bifiform) in the case of the development of dysbiosis and enzymatic preparations in case of insufficiency of food enzymes in the intestine (panzinorm, pancreatin, Creon);
- struggle with abdominal pain - it involves taking muscle relaxants (drugs that relax the smooth muscle of the intestinal wall);
- elimination of toxins from the intestines - used sorbents (Aluminium phosphate gel, smectite, enterosgel).