Bruised tailbone : Symptoms and Treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- What threatens bruised tailbone?
Bruising - trauma, which in most cases is simply ignored, as many believe such damage is not serious, and therefore do not require special attention.Bruised tailbone is no exception.However, it is worth remembering that the coccyx - this is part of the spine, so the consequences can be unpredictable.
Winter is a kind of risk factor, as most of the falls on the vulnerable section of the spinal column takes place in this time of year, especially when there is ice.However, a person may not immediately realize that he had a bruise.And so the visit to the doctor is likely to be delayed or not take place at all.In order not to aggravate the situation, when the first signs of injury, it is better to visit a specialist.
Complete clinical picture can appear only a few days after the injury.But the main symptoms of coccyx injury often occur immediately after the fall.
Pain syndrome occurs suddenly and often disappea
beginning its color bright purple after - blue with a greenish tinge, and later - yellow.Bruising in the area of injury should alert the patient, as this is often a sign of a more serious injury - a fracture.
appearance of puffiness - a frequent manifestation of soft tissue injuries.Extensive swelling usually indicates that in this case, only the injury did not stop.
In some cases, in the area of the coccyx "jumps" bump, when pressed on which the pain appears.
What threatens bruised tailbone?
In severe bruises no treatment is fraught with serious consequences.
- possible transition of the acute form of pathological process in chronic.Then the coccyx may be sick periodically, "giving itself felt" in certain situations: when riding on a bicycle, with prolonged stay in a sitting position, etc.
- When injury may damage adjacent tissues and organs, which is fraught with their subsequent inflammation.If the pathological process affects the rectum and it is accumulated pus, fistula may form on the coccyx.
- With a sharp blow may damage the spinal membranes, as well as nerve endings.This, in turn, gives rise to headaches.In case of violation of neural connections between the spinal cord and some internal organs, the functioning of the latter are often violated.This leads to the development of diseases, at first glance do not have any relation to the coccyx.
- Strong injury can lead to a compression fracture of the spine, particularly the cervical spine.This can cause damage to the brain and spinal curvature with all its attendant troubles.
What if coccyx injury?First Aid - attachment of cold damage zone.This will help to minimize the pain and remove swelling.Well suited compress with ice.Then, the victim must be taken to hospital.Self-treatment at this stage is inadmissible.The doctor will examine the patient and assess the results of X-rays.In the absence of fracture treatment is carried out at home.When the patient is obliged to comply with all the recommendations of the expert:
- bed rest (especially in the first few days after injury);
- sleep on a hard and flat surface;
- during sleep to take the position, lying on his stomach, to once again not to "disturb" the damaged area;
- excluded at the time of hot tubs are also prohibited from rubbing and massage the place of injury;
- possible not to sit down (especially on soft chairs and sofas), and if necessary, use special orthopedic device - rubber circle;
- if the pain is severe, take a pain reliever;
- not load the spine;
- women should forget about high heels, wear comfortable shoes to go low.
If tailbone pain for a long time, and these measures in conjunction with therapeutic measures do not bring relief, can be suspected sciatica.With early detection, it is much easier to treat than in advanced cases.
How to treat a bruised tailbone medical drugs, the patient tells the doctor.Usually appointed painkillers ointments, such as Traumeel S. This drug not only has analgesic effect, but also anti-inflammatory, protivoekssudativnoe, regenerating and styptic.When bruises and soft tissue injuries smear Traumeel S should be 2 times a day (morning and night).It can be used in the form of ointment dressings.
also well help ointment on the basis of arnica, chamomile, calendula.appointed by the ointment with a warming effect to improve blood circulation (eg, Finalgon).As a complement to traditional medicine are effective, many folk remedies.You can make a compress of pulp of raw potato, onion juice or sage and apply it to the damaged coccyx.A good result gives the means known to all as plantain.Leaves of the plant must be obkladyvat injured spot.
If treatment bruised coccyx does not give positive results, and the pain still hurts patient may intervene surgeons.The lower spine are right (at its offset), or delete.
tailbone bruise - an injury that requires proper attention and compulsory treatment.We should not self-prescribe any drugs.This should be handled by experts.After all, only an experienced physician can, on the basis of symptoms and X-ray data, to assess the extent of damage and to appoint adequate therapy.