wrist sprains hand treatment and first aid
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Causes Symptoms
- What to do when stretched the hand?
- When should immediately appear traumatologist?
- stretching treatment
wrists and hands are made up of many small bones, tendons and ligaments.In addition, each structure has a specific function.And it is well-coordinated work of all bone and ligaments allows brushes perform different complex movements.
What happens when stretched ligaments in the hand?First, the supporting function, which is performed ligament in relation to the joints, broken.Secondly, there are such symptoms as pain stretching and swelling that cause a person to change their usual way of life.Therefore, this pathological condition requires mandatory treatment.
often stretching the tendons results from the sudden movement or unsuccessful landing in the fall.This injury often accompanies those whose work involves regular physical activity or forced by multiple repetition of the same movement (loaders, sportsmen, knitters, etc.).
The child hands ligament may be damaged due to the increased activity of the baby.In addition, this injury can trigger the parents, decided to twist their child by the handles, or raise a single handle, not calculating, at the same strength.
stretching Symptoms include:
- restriction of motor activity of the damaged joint;
- in case of separation from the fixing place tendons, as well as when they rupture, joint starts to move without restrictions.
In some cases, the absence of pain significantly aggravates the situation, as the person continues to "load" the injured joint.When sprains severity of the clinical picture depends on the degree of damage:
- grade 1 (mild) - in the tendon fibers arise mikronadryvy.Moderate pain is practically not interfere perform movements.However, there may be aggravated by flexion and extension.Swelling missing tissue.
- grade 2 (moderate severity) - a partial rupture of ligaments.In the area of damage is observed edema, hemorrhage.Joint pain intense.Mobility is limited.
- 3 degree - is characterized by torn ligaments.Manifested hematoma, severe, sharp pains, extensive edema, which almost completely blocks all movement in the injured joint.With this injury the patient is unable to make active movements.However, there is excessive passive mobility associated with the violation of the integrity of the tendon apparatus.
What to do when stretched the hand?
First aid is the immobilization of the affected limb.To do this, you can wrap an elastic bandage wrist or use the materials at hand (for example, using a handkerchief or scarf thrown over the shoulder, arm hang).If there is increased mobility of the injured joint, it is recommended splint.
The second thing to do is to apply a cold compress in the form of ice.It will help prevent the occurrence of edema, and significantly reduce the pain.Anesthetic can then take the drug as needed.
This self ends.The patient requires specialist help that, after examination prescribe the necessary therapeutic treatment and physiotherapy (if necessary).
When should immediately appear traumatologist?
necessary to visit a doctor as soon as possible if we have the following symptoms:
- unbearable pain in the affected joint, accompanied by a restriction of its movement;
- skin over the joint blushed and became hot to the touch;
- person does not feel that part of the limb, which is located below the space stretching;
- pain persists for 3-4 days;
- victim feels dizzy and weak.
treatment in a hospital to treat the wrist ligament sprain is only necessary when there is a severe degree.In this case, surgical intervention, or fixed via a joint bandage, often gypsum.If there is a rupture of ligaments, treatment and full recovery may take several months.
In mild to moderate treatment is done at home, and last for approximately 10-15 days.At the beginning of the topical application of anti shown gels and ointments which are cleaned swelling and relieve pain.Widely used indomethacin ointment Nurofen gel, ointment based on diclofenac.
If stretching muscles of the hand turned into a chronic form, or injury is acute, into the same anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed course of 3 days or more.In some cases, a hormone with a glucocorticoid using a number of drugs.
After 2-4 days after the damage effect is given a good warming physiotherapy (UHF, electrophoresis, etc.), as well as reduce the swelling and pain - physiotherapy.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017