Food poisoning : treatment at home
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- What kinds of food poisoning?
- How does food poisoning?
- How to treat food poisoning?
- What to do in case of poisoning?
What kinds of food poisoning?
The most common food poisoning is contagious nature and is associated with the consumption of food (water) contaminated with micro-organisms or their metabolic products.In most cases opportunistic bacteria that are normally present in humans and are not pathogens.Poisoning infectious nature occur in the form of:
- toxicosis - diseases that develop as a result of falling into the food waste products of bacteria or microscopic fungi;
- poisoning arising from colonization (very dirty) food microorganisms.
- Noncommunicable develop food poisoning by eating food containing toxic substances the following groups:
- plant toxins (poisonous mushrooms, inedible berries, stone fruit kernels, sprouting potatoes, raw legumes, etc.);
- poisons contained in the organs and tissues of animals (some types of shellfish and fish, their eggs and milt, internal organs and other carnivores.);
- inorganic chemicals contained in food products, in violation of their production technology (nitrates, pesticides, heavy metals and salts thereof).
How does food poisoning?
Regardless of the cause of the poisoning, symptoms develop within a few hours after eating substandard products.Disease begins acutely, to the fore the phenomenon of intoxication: fatigue, malaise, chills, feeling of fever, headache, aching muscles and joints.Almost all food poisoning gastroehnterokolitah accompanied by varying degrees of severity.The main manifestations of lesions of the gastrointestinal tract in cases of poisoning manifested by the following symptoms:
- abdominal pain, different localization and character.Most often, the pain is localized in the area of the stomach around the navel or in the lower abdomen, sometimes has spilled character.Pain, in most cases, are manifested in the form of cramps or spasms;
- dyspepsia: abdominal bloating, flatulence, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea;
- dehydration develops in severe poisoning, accompanied by repeated vomiting and loose stools.
How to treat food poisoning?When an
symptoms indicative of food poisoning, primarily food residues must be removed, which caused the disease from the organism.
poisoning Home Treatment should begin with gastric lavage.The easiest way to do a gastric lavage - is artificially induce vomiting by mechanical stimulation of receptors located on the root of the tongue.Before you vomit, you need to drink the maximum possible amount of water.This procedure must be repeated several times until the vomit will not comprise only pure water without contaminants of food.
In the absence of diarrhea can make a cleansing enema once or take saline laxatives.It is best to receive laxatives (30-40 minutes) to drink sorbents: activated carbon for an adult, at least 20 tablets.No need to be afraid of an overdose!A good effect have modern drugs on the basis of silicon salts: entersgel, Atoxil, for potency, they are superior in the activated carbon more than 10 times.
What to do in case of poisoning?
If events listed above have not brought significant relief, you must go to the nearest medical facility or call an ambulance.As soon as possible, seek medical advice should be in case of poisoning symptoms after eating:
- mushroom poisoning especially dangerous is a pale toadstool, containing strong hepatotoxic poison, it involves most of the deaths;
- canned meat products, dried fish, when along with the manifestations of intoxication there are neurological symptoms: double vision, swallowing disorder, muscle weakness.These symptoms may be associated with the development of an extremely severe and dangerous illness - botulism;
- any products if the poisoning is accompanied by a rise in body temperature higher 38̊ with, repeated vomiting and diarrhea.Such symptoms of poisoning may be the first manifestation of severe intestinal infectious diseases: salmonellosis, dysentery, cholera and other