The syndrome of the vertebral artery in the cervical osteochondrosis : causes and treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Causes of the syndrome
- process Manifestation
- Treatment syndrome
- Physiotherapy impact
- lifestyle changes
Causes of the syndrome
main cause of the disease - a violation of blood circulation in the vertebral arteries.Normally they are in the cervical vertebrae (transverse processes in the channels) and supply blood not only to the neck.They enter the skull through the foramen magnum and nourish the brain.If any lesions of the spinal canal disease begins to progress steadily.What states are characterized by these disorders:
- when they begin to develop degenerative-dystrophic changes in the cervical spine, which is at an osteochondrosis, osteophytes - bony growths, herniation in the cervical spine;
- if there is abnormal development of the cervical vertebrae;
- during compression of the channels through which pass an artery, swelling or inflammation of the surrounding tissues;
- in rare cases, the process of development is influenced by an unusual passage of the arteries or narrowing of the vascular lumen, which is atherosclerosis.
process Symptoms of vertebral artery syndrome overlap with common signs of osteochondrosis of the department in many ways, but there are significant differences.A choked artery can be unilateral, rarely on both sides depends on the course and severity of the disease.For the syndrome is characterized by the following changes in the health status:
- expressed headaches that often occur at sharp turns of the head, are diffuse, paroxysmal or persistent;
- hearing loss on the affected side;
- expressed dizziness at intensive movements;
- found a violation of the eye power, due to which a person observes a decrease in visual acuity, flicker flies before his eyes;
- brief loss of consciousness;
- infringement of skin sensitivity on the part of the defeat;
- sensation of a lump in the throat and soreness, coughing.
frequency and the number of the above manifestations depend on the intensity of arterial lesions.
With such complaints people come to a neurologist or general practitioner.What is the basis of exhibiting diagnosis:
- complaints sick person;
- crucial role in the diagnosis belongs functional research methods: ultrasound of the neck vessels and brain, so you can get a complete picture of the structure of the arteries;
- radiographic study that helps to identify the presence of abnormal growths of bone mass and changes in the bodies of the vertebrae of the neck;
- MRI - this is a very detailed images of bone and soft tissue, which gives a full picture of the availability of education.
After consulting experts, a full and comprehensive survey begins long comprehensive treatment of the syndrome of the vertebral artery in the cervical osteochondrosis.It includes several key points:
- long-term use of drugs;
- physiotherapy sessions;
- lifestyle change, a slight adjustment of the usual way of life;
- full course of physical therapy;
- surgery if necessary.
How to treat the disease, what drugs should be preferred?Appointed by drugs strictly by prescription, depending on the cause, due to which the process has evolved:
- use tools to improve cerebral circulation: vinpocetine, cavinton;
- symptomatic of dizziness administered betahistine and its analogs;
- in severe osteochondrosis used anti-inflammatory agents (diclofenac, indomethacin), chondroprotectors (chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid);
- if elevated cholesterol levels - use statins (atorvastatin, rosuvastatin);
- widely prescribed substances that improve metabolism, vitamins: niacin, vitamin B-course;
- therapist assigns antidepressants as necessary.
Some of the drugs have to take a long course, within 2-4 months.
Prerequisite for treating a disease in osteochondrosis of the cervical vertebrae.In the absence of exercise weakens muscles.
If the muscles are well developed - improves blood flow to the affected area.
Rules useful exercises:
- physical education should be systematic;
- important with a specialist to develop an individual training plan;
- after the improvement of physical education should be continued;
- can not do the exercises through force, to bring to the pain.
Along with the use of drugs is assigned a full physical therapy.Well proven:
- hardware effects, methods of the doctor appointed by the individual;
- manual therapy and massage of the back, head and neck area.
lifestyle for a full course of treatment, doctors recommend to change their attitude to the usual things:
- with a high level of cholesterol in blood is necessary to reduce the amount of fat consumed;
- reduce the use of salt in food;
- less nervous, and the development of stress - use sedatives;
- adjust work and rest, sleep fully;
- quit smoking and lose weight if necessary;
- to relieve pain at home is recommended, if possible and at work, wearing the collar of Chance, which reduces the load on the cervical spine.
In some cases, have to resort to surgical care.The operation is performed in the presence of:
- neck tumors that interfere with normal blood flow in the vertebral artery;
- herniation of the cervical spine, which, when the ineffectiveness of therapeutic treatment are corrected surgically.
syndrome vertebral artery insidious disease, which is better to recognize in the early stages and treated prior to the beginning of serious manifestations.To do this, at the first sign to refer to specialists and undergo a complete examination.