Ringworm in humans : symptoms, treatment , photos
Disease / / June 09, 2016
- infection Way
- symptoms of ringworm
- Ringworm Treatment
Ringworm in humans is caused by two groupsfungi:
- Melkosporovymi mushroom-ektotriksami.They hit the outer part of the hair, here are fungi of the genus Microsporum.The disease, which develops during infection data mushrooms is called mikrosporiya.
- Krupnosporovymi mushroom-endotriksami, striking the inner substance of the hair shaft.This fungus Trichophyton, they lead to the development trihofitii.
infection source of the disease often become animal or a sick person.Zoofilnymi pathogen microsporia parasite on the skin of animals - mostly cats, dogs much less.Fungi of the genus Trichophyton transferred cattle (cows), various rodents (rats, hamsters).Fungal Spores are hig
- from diseased to healthy child;
- in common areas, through combs, hats, seat backrest;
- when dealing with sick animals or straw, hay, obsemenёnnym fungus spores (in rural areas);
- from pets to the child.
introduction of the pathogen into the body contribute to the following conditions and conditions:
- skin injury;
- chronic infections;
- state of hypovitaminosis;
- failure to comply with the rules of hygiene;
- high density, close contact;
symptoms of ringworm
Microsporia - the most common variant of tinea in children.This is due to the fact that the child hair keratin and the epidermal cells of the skin has insufficient density and compactness.This facilitates the penetration and development of the fungus.The increase in incidence occurs during the late summer - early autumn.There are several forms.
is affected area of hair growth.Depending on the pathogen disease has different symptoms.The most common infection occurs when contact with the animals.For this form of the disease is characterized by a small number of lesions on the head, they are rounded, with sharp edges.Hair break off at the same level (about 5 mm), which gave the name of the disease.The foci noticeably peeling, hair tips dull and gray due to the fact that the coating of fungus spores.Ringworm in children due zoofilnymi Microsporum canis, is as follows:
Contamination from human antropofilnymi fungus is rare.In this case, there are several small round lesions with fuzzy borders.Lesion located usually at the border of hair growth.Hair unevenly broken off at different levels.Characterized by a moderate inflammatory reaction of the skin in the hearth.
Microsporia smooth skin on the torso
formed pink spots, peeling in the center.On the edge of the small bubbles are located, which later dry up and covered with a crust.The lesion appears in the form of a ring.There are new pockets that can be layered or occur inside the old that looks like a "target."Nails hardly affected at microsporia.
trihofitii - rarer than mikrosporiya.There are the following options:
- Surface trihofitia scalp.Characterized by the appearance of several affected areas with uneven edges.Peeling and mild inflammation.The hair in the affected area break off at different levels.Part the hair breaks at the very surface of the skin and looks like black dots.In puberty in boys may self-healing.
- Surface trihofitia smooth skin differs little from microsporia this localization.Outbreaks tend to grow and merge, are characterized by itching.
- infiltrative-suppurative form.This type is caused by Trichophyton zoofilnymi mushrooms and transmitted by contact with animals.Often found in livestock farms workers.For this form of the disease characterized by the development of a significant inflammatory response in the affected area.The site is red, pronounced swelling, soreness.When pressed pus.There lymphadenopathy, fever is possible.After suffering a disease scars are formed in this area.
- In some cases trihofitia becomes chronic.Most often this happens in patients with concomitant diseases, decreased immunity.It may not be diagnosed for a long time because of the obliterated clinic.On the scalp is marked peeling insignificant.A careful examination in place of broken hair noticeable black dots.On the skin of the trunk revealed irregularly shaped pink patches that have irregular borders with moderate desquamation.The process involved the nail plate.The chronic form of the disease is common in women.
in clinical practice is not always possible to correctly diagnose by external manifestations, laboratory diagnosis is required for verification of the fungus.
In order to determine the causative agent used several research methods:
- medical examination under Wood's lamp.The device emits ultraviolet light, almost indistinguishable vision.This fungi of the genus Microsporum give green glow, while the pathogen trihofitii is off.
- Microscopic examination - under the microscope reveal hyphae and spores of the fungus either in the cuticle or in the inner substance of the hair.
- sowing on nutrient media.To identify the species of fungus and exclude bacterial infection.
Than to treat the disease, decides dermatologist.Used local media and tablet formulations.
- Local treatment.Be sure to shave the hair from the scalp once a week.On the morning of processed iodine solution, ointment applied at night with antimycotic action.In severe inflammatory response using local funds with corticosteroids.
- Medication.Use griseofulvin, a drug known since the thirties of the last century.The course of treatment lasts from one and a half to two months.For a more modern drugs include terbinafine.Approved for use in children 2 years of age.Besides fungicidal action, providing additional antibacterial and anti-inflammatory effects.It differs good perenosimostyu.Vozmozhno use of fluconazole for the treatment.
indications for hospitalization are:
- lack of effect of the treatment on an outpatient basis;
- infiltrative-suppurative form of tinea;
- presence of multiple foci involving vellus hair;
- possible hospitalization for epidemiological indications: patients of organized groups in the absence of the possibility of isolating them from healthy individuals.
Prevention Prevention has an important effect in preventing further spread of the disease and includes the following activities:
- inspection and subsequent clinical observation of contact persons;
- examination of relatives and pets;
- all ringworm cases must be isolated, visiting child care centers is permitted in the case of triple negative response studies for the presence of fungi, conducted at intervals of 1 week;
- dispensary observation after completion of therapy;
- the detection of disease in the children's collective establish quarantine for up to one and a half months since the establishment of the last case of the disease;
- in the lesion disinfection.
18 May, 2016
18 May, 2016
18 May, 2016