neonatal dacryocystitis : Causes and Treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Which leads to the development of dacryocystitis?
- dacryocystitis of newborns What are the symptoms?
- Treatment of children with dacryocystitis
Which leads to the development of dacryocystitis?
- due to the delay of the opening of the bone is broken passage of tear fluid.This state is not an anomaly of development, you do not need to cry in the womb, and, therefore, the willingness of the lacrimal apparatus at the time of birth is often difficult podgadat;
- in the presence of wrinkles, diverticula in the channel, in the pin hole of the lacrimal sac and there are "temporary difficulties" for the outflow of tear fluid;
- sometimes cause stagnation is cork, which consists of embryonic mucus and dead cells.Typically, shortly after the spontaneous breathing baby, cork spontaneously ejected.If there is a delay, the inflammation can occur;
- rudimentary film covering the outlet duct can also be the cause of dacryocystitis.
dacryocystitis of newborns What are the symptoms?
- symptoms can be both tearing and slezostoyanie.Slezostoyanie - a situation in which on the affected side nasolacrimal duct baby is not crying, that is, one eye does not produce tears.Some experts - pediatricians this state is regarded as conjunctivitis, but such symptoms as redness, vascular injection sclera and conjunctiva is usually not observed.
- Pus that extends moderately or abundantly through the channel.
- pressing Symptom: When you click on a projection area of the lacrimal sac through the hole appears droplet of pus or clear fluid.
- If the process is running, hyperinflate lacrimal sac begins to bulge.This condition is called edema of the lacrimal sac.
Treatment of children with dacryocystitis
In order to choose the best method of treatment, it is necessary to take into account the individual characteristics of the structure of the nasal cavity: no great height, folded mucous, frequent curvature of the nasal septum, inferior turbinate thick, often overlapping the lower nasal passage.
Massage projection lacrimal sac: tremors finger from top to bottom.This is done to create a change in pressure and pulsation, which promotes the removal of the film, or gelatinous outlet tube.It must be remembered that the gelatinous tube with age, becoming denser and massage brings fewer benefits.
Massage is useful only when in the lacrimal sac accumulates excessive pressure - and it is happening during a violent weeping.Therefore, we must adapt to this situation, and to develop precise work skill finger, not to injure the child's eyes.In addition, you need to very carefully handle the delicate structures of the facial skull kid, not to cause injury.
Do not forget to wash your hands thoroughly massage, nails and shave shorter walk along the edge of the nail file.You can wear a surgical glove, having washed it with soap and water.In no case can not handle alcohol glove and immediately begin to massage.Alcohol, on the glove got on the conjunctiva and sclera, may cause a burn.
After a series of movements performed in the eye is dug warm furatsillina solution (diluted 1: 5000), which is sold in any drugstore, with a sterile cotton swab gently, moves to the corner of the eye, remove the contents.After the procedure, you can drip into the eyes levomitsetinovye special eye drops.
Conducting this massage is carried out with a frequency of not more than 5 times a day.
Upon accession concomitant infections bacteriological examination is necessary to discharge from the tear duct, make sure the definition of sensitivity to antibiotics.This will, if necessary, to assign the correct antibiotic therapy, minimum duration and with a low risk of dysbiosis.
During treatment, it is advisable not to use sulfatsil sodium chloride (Albucidum), as it can form microscopic crystals clogging the tear outflow path zhidkosti.V if the massage does not give result in an outpatient setting ENT Cabinet (or ophthalmology)nasolacrimal duct intubation is performed.This small operation aims passage nasolacrimal duct special probe, mechanical removal of obstructions and followed by washing with antibacterial treatment.
effectiveness of this simple operation is more than 90%.For high efficiency it is necessary to perform intervention before the age of 9 months, preferably in 3-5 month vozraste.Posle this manipulation is recommended for two weeks instilled drops antibacterial baby complex also containing decongestants substance into the nasal passages.
treat this pathology is best before the age of one year, as older children already performed dacryocystorhinostomy - a more serious surgery.
lacrimal massage parents should teach or pediatric health visitor or pediatrician, ophthalmologist, otolaryngologist or a child.Appoint antibiotics and must choose the drops is also a doctor, and treatment should be under the supervision of specialists, as purulent process of any nature in the head and neck region is fraught with complications of delayed treatment.
17 Dec, 2017
17 Dec, 2017