Contact Dermatitis : Symptoms and Treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Varieties contact dermatitis
- contact dermatitis Treatment
- recommendations for patients
Contact dermatitis - a skin inflammation that occurs after direct contact of the skin with irritants.Calling these agents allergens is not entirely correct, because not always in response to their action develops an allergic response.
Manifested the disease usually the following symptoms:
- skin swelling;
- formation of bubbles;
Limited land area of inflamed s
Most often inflamed skin on the hands, as this part of the body has the most contact with the chemicals.Representatives of some professions (eg, cleaners, various technical employees) develops even chronic contact dermatitis on their hands.
Varieties contact dermatitis
approaches to treatment and prevention of contact dermatitis are determined by the fact that it causes an inflammatory reaction of the skin and by what mechanism this process occurs.In connection with this are several varieties of this disease:
- simple dermatitis, or irritation.It appears immediately after the application of chemicals (detergents, alkalis, acids, organic solvents, even plain water), physical (cold, heat) and mechanical (pieces of clothing, and the like spetsformy) stimuli.And for the appearance of the characteristic symptoms of the disease or the concentration of stimulus duration of its action must be greater than the threshold.
- Allergic contact dermatitis.It represents a specific delayed-type allergic reaction.Develops this form of the disease is not at once: first contact with the allergen - 10-14 days, repeat - 1-3 days.In most cases the allergens are metals (nickel, chromium, copper), vegetable agents (citrus, chrysanthemum, celery, onion, primrose, etc.), Latex, preservatives (formol, ethylparaben, etc.), Medicaments, acrylic paints, tar, rosin.The severity of this form of dermatitis depends on the level of sensitization of the body, rather than the amount of the allergen.Phototoxic
- contact dermatitis, wherein the substance applied to the skin, it is only after irritant action of sunlight.Call up the development of this form of the disease are body lotions, perfumes, essential oils, medicines, plant juice (cow-parsnip, parsley).
Treatment of contact dermatitis
complex therapeutic measures in any form of contact dermatitis begins with a complete cessation of body contact with an irritant or allergenic agent.If the doctor after inspection and conversation with the patient is not able to determine what was the cause of development of pathology, special studies are conducted - intraoral trial, during which the substance is placed typically cause dermatitis on the skin of the patient.The result of this test is evaluated 2 days.
In a simple contact dermatitis after the removal of the stimulus all manifestations of the disease usually disappear for a while.The only thing that is necessary in such situations - to prevent infection irritated places.To do this, wash the inflamed area with water and baby soap, antiseptic processing, vegetable broths, protect, dry bandage.
If changes in the skin caused by an allergic reaction, the patient is prescribed ointments and creams with hormones rate up to 14 days to prevent the development of side effects.In severe widespread skin lesions showing hormones inside.Antihistamines are also used - mostly to reduce itching.
recommendations for patients
order to prevent aggravation of the disease the patient is recommended:
- avoided exposure to allergens and irritants.In severe forms of contact dermatitis associated with occupational hazards, you should think about changing the place of work or profession.
- Protect your skin from damage.
- Try to wear loose clothes sewn from natural materials (preferably without metallic accessories), choose jewelry made of precious metals only.
- not attend the baths and saunas.
- Pay attention to your diet, do not use preservatives, dyes.If you have an allergy to metals, not to cook dishes containing them.Read the composition of all the products purchased.
- carefully to the choice of cosmetics.
appearance of a simple dermatitis can be prevented by avoiding contact with potential irritants.For example, when working with chemicals - use gloves in cold weather - warm clothes to protect the skin.should follow the recommendations for the use of drugs for the prevention of essential oils phototoxic dermatitis, creams etc.
with allergic dermatitis as everything is more complicated, because the primary prevention of this disease does not exist.Guess, from what and when there will be an allergic reaction on the skin is very hard.