Treatment of enterovirus infection in children
Child Health / / August 12, 2017
Enterovirus infection - this is a special group of acute infectious disease caused by intestinal viruses such as ECHO and Coxsackie.Enteroviruses can be found in the environment (clothing, utensils) for a long time and have a seasonal nature.Once in the body of a child, enterovirus infection after overcoming the incubation period (average 24 hours), can manifest itself by a series of febrile seizures, fever, headache and muscle pain, diarrhea, vomiting. treatment of enterovirus infection in children being symptomatic and depends on the specific manifestations of the disease.
Thus, regardless of the clinical picture of enteric viruses, there are universal therapeutic methods used individually and comprehensively:
- Appointment of antiviral drugs (interferon - nasal drops, viferon - candles).
- Reception antipyretics.It formulations containing ibuprofen dosage given age (Nurofen syrup, ketorol), which not only help to reduce the temperature but have excellent analgesic properties.In the complex course of the disease used antihistamines (suprastin, diphenhydramine) and antispasmodic (baralgin, no-spa) drugs in combination with paracetamol and analgin.
- use of vasoconstrictor nasal drops and sprays, antiseptic oral herbal.
- Reception enzymes (panzinorm, enzistal) having fermenting properties, adsorbents (smectite, enteros-gel), reducing toxicity and binding particles of the virus at its location in the gut.
- Application bracing means.An excellent diaphoretic and antipyretic effect have herbal teas (linden, elder), compote of raspberries, black currants, rose hips and cranberries.
- Therapeutic diet.Drinking milk and plant products, pureed or steamed.
- Appointment drugs that restore the water-salt balance (rehydron).
- Compliance with bed rest at a high temperature.
timely initiated therapy is the key to a successful recovery and significantly reduces the risk of complications.
During illness kid is isolated.Back in the children's group, he can only after full recovery.Treatment of enterovirus infection in children is usually performed at home.However, lesions of the central nervous system, inhibition of cardiac activity and a high temperature, which can not be removed antipyretic drugs, is shown urgent hospitalization to the infectious department.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017