Symptoms of staph in newborns
Child Health / / August 12, 2017
Staphylococci are a special group of pathogens, contributing to the development in infants intestinal infections, pneumonia, sepsis and faringotraheitov.Many children in the first months of life is found Staphylococcus aureus, which is manifested by skin rash (abscesses, boils), inflammatory diseases of the eye (barley, chalazion, conjunctivitis) and other symptoms.It is this kind of staph is considered one of the most dangerous for newborn babies, so when it detects the first signs of infection, you should immediately consult a doctor.
What are the symptoms of staph in the newborn?
1. Purulent inflammatory diseases of the skin and organ tissue (carbuncles, rash, pyoderma, staphylococcal scalded skin syndrome, dermatitis).
2. The defeat of the upper respiratory tract: angina, sinusitis, otitis media, pneumonia, SARS.Gates infection - the mucous membrane of the nasopharynx.
3. Disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, resulting in contact with staph in the intestine and the lack of their own benefi
main symptoms: indigestion, diarrhea, flatulence, colic, enterocolitis, food toxicosis, accompanied by weight loss, loss of appetite, neurological disorders, general intoxication of the organism.
first signs of infection staphylococcus is a sharp rise in temperature, vomiting, stool disorders and other symptoms of acute intestinal infection (incubation period of 3-5 days).Treatment of these diseases requires the appointment of antibiotic drugs or bacteriophages.
4. Development of suppurative mastitis in nursing mothers.In this situation, breast-feeding should be discontinued until the complete disappearance of symptoms.
5. Multiple abscesses (psevdofurunkulez), in which the body and the scalp of the newborn's head appear purple-red pus formation, the size of a pea.Eruptions have plotnoelasticheskuyu texture, softer in the middle, and sometimes opened with pus.The child is marked fever, bouts of fever, indigestion, urinary determined by a high protein content, granular and hyaline casts.
6. omphalitis (inflammation of the umbilical wound), characterized by swelling, redness and suppuration in the navel.
Signs aureus in newborns usually appear 5-6 days after infection. should be noted that after suffering a staph infection is not immunity, so it is likely to be ill again.
Development aureus in children's body contribute premorbid pathological conditions and other factors (low birthweight, birth asphyxia, birth trauma), the consequence of which is to reduce the immunobiological reactivity and compensatory and protective mechanisms.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017