Peucedanum drug - description and medicinal properties
Folk Remedies / / August 12, 2017
peucedanum drug - Peucedanum officinalis L. family celery (Apiaceae) - Umbrella (Umbelliferae)
Perennial herb up to 1 m in height.Rhizome thick, brown, from which fine roots depart.Stems are erect.The leaves are trifoliate, double-pinnatipartite.White flowers are small, gathered in the large-flowered umbrellas.All parts of the plants are very fragrant, especially the rhizome, resembling the smell of celery.Fruit - oval, convex achene.It blooms from June to August.It bears fruit until late autumn.
growing in black soil feather-mixed grass steppes, mountains, prefers calcareous and siliceous soil, mountain meadows, in thickets of bushes, in the steppes often forms thickets.
used parts of the plant
Medical raw material is the entire plant, but most of the roots and rhizome.They were collected in early spring or late autumn, dried in the dryer in the form of cut at a temperature not higher than 50 ° C.
aerial parts of plants collected during flowering;seeds
roots and aerial part peucedanum contain essential oils (in large quantities).The roots contain carbohydrates: sucrose;coumarins: peudatsedanin, bergaptol, peutsenol, peutsedin, iso-meratorin;pectin.The above-ground part contains flavonoids: kaempferol, quercetin, izoramnetin, rutin and derivatives thereof;trace elements, vitamins, gums, arabic.
Application and therapeutic properties
Roots are the raw material for the drug "Peutsedanina", used for the treatment of vitiligo, alopecia, and the circular as an antitumor agent.
essential oil in the experiment shows virutsilidnuyu activity against influenza virus and fungicidal activity against many fungal infections, as well as anti-inflammatory and analgesic for acute respiratory infections.
extract of the roots in the experiment has antibacterial and fungicidal properties.
peucedanum In folk medicine as a decoction of the roots and above-ground parts are used for bronchial asthma both inside and inhaled;diseases of the liver, gall bladder, diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, insomnia, as an expectorant;externally - as a rinse - in diseases of the oral cavity, tooth pain;in the form of poultices - for gout, rheumatism, radiculitis.
The fresh juice of the plant is used for bites of poisonous insects, both inward and outward.
Young plants and edible roots.
- For broth take 20 grams of roots or aerial parts peucedanum crushed, pour 200 ml of boiled water, in a boiling water bath for 30 minutes, cool 10 minutes without taking a bath, filtered warm.Take 1/3 cup 3-4 times a day before meals.
- For infusion 20-30 grams of leaves and flowers pour 200 ml of boiled water, in a boiling water bath for 15 minutes, cool 45 minutes, strain.Should Take 1/3 cup 3-4 times a day before meals.
- The infusion of the roots is prepared by 70% alcohol at the rate of (1: 5), insist in a dark place for 10-15 days, filter and take 1 teaspoon 3 times a day before meal..
- Fresh juice can prepare for the future.Inside take 1 c.lojke 3-4 times a day with water.
- Ready drugs used for medical purpose and according to the instructions.