When the start of colic in infants ?
Child Health / / August 12, 2017
Almost every newborn child at some point begin colic.And parents need to remember that this is not a disease but it is a natural reaction of the body crumbs to change the conditions of existence.Although colic is, of course, can deliver a lot of inconvenience and experiences, they pass with time.So let's talk about the same when the start of colic in newborns as they occur, and how to deal with them, so that every young mom, if necessary, could have her baby expert help.
When the start of colic?
Usually considered a problem faced by parents of children 2 - 3 weeks of age.And spasms intensity gradually increased, and in children aged 6 - 7 weeks, they are particularly acute.However, after that colic begin to gradually die down to 12 weeks to go completely.This, of course, tentative dates, which are not characteristic for each child (for example, in preterm infants spasms may begin later).However, if you possess this information, you will be able to properly and timely respond to changes in the state
What are the colic, and how they manifest themselves?
If we consider the phenomenon from a medical point of view, it may be noted that the specific colic called intestinal cramps caused by a malfunction of the body, as well as flatulence.They do not carry any risk for the child's health, but cause him a lot of discomfort.So notice that your child is suffering from colic is very easy - spasms always have an impact on your baby's behavior.
most vivid signs of colic:
- child abruptly and shouting;
- Scarce face frowns and pulls the legs to the tummy;
- disrupted sleep and feeding mode (kid frantically looking for the chest, but then he throws it, crying in pain, he kept falling asleep and can not sleep);
- The child often depart gases, and sometimes increases and stool frequency.
Focus on these symptoms, time to figure out what your baby started intestinal spasms, and to take the measures necessary to facilitate his condition.
How to help the newborn suffering from intestinal cramps?
Now that you know that are and when the start of colic in infants, it is time to talk about the most effective ways to combat this phenomenon.After all, attentive parents can, if not to save the child from colic completely, or at least alleviate its condition and reduce the intensity of pain.And for this it is necessary:
- properly feed the baby.If your baby is breast-fed, make sure that it is firmly taking the nipple and swallow air during feedings.If the baby is fed with a mixture of the bottle, make sure to choose for her good pacifier - one that would prevent air from entering the esophagus.
- regularly lay out your tummy crumbs (preferably do it before feeding).And then, turning it over the back, gently stroking belly with his hand, moving it clockwise.
- let crumbs opportunity to belch (to release the air that he swallowed) after every meal.To do this, you need to keep the baby upright, gently patting on the back, at least for ten minutes.
- Buy in a pharmacy special dill water or tea with fennel, and regularly give your child a drink prepared in accordance with the instructions.These funds used to combat colic in babies even our mothers and grandmothers, and because they are among the most effective and safe.
- If a child is too suffers from colic, buy a special gas outlet tube and gently use it to relieve the state of crumbs.However, remember that this method is in any case should not be abused, because you can damage your baby.
And, of course, faced with children's colic, in any case should not lose heart or panic.Remember, this is a perfectly natural state, which is observed in 70% of absolutely healthy children, and just be patient.
12 Aug, 2017