Cerebral ischemia in the newborn
Child Health / / August 12, 2017
Every pregnant woman must not only monitor their own health, but also to observe the activity of the fetus.And once it detects the slightest deviations, and above all the decreasing activity of the child, should immediately see a specialist.Because if the day of the expectant mother feels the fetus less than 10 active steps - this is a clear sign that he has observed oxygen starvation. And the most negative consequences of this phenomenon abound.Among them cerebral ischemia in the newborn.
cerebral ischemia in baby
Doctors have clearly identified that the local oxygen starvation leads to insufficient blood circulation in the brain tissue, and the child's body responds by metabolic disorders in the brain tissue.It may even be:
- neuronal death;
- coagulation necrosis.
And when you consider that even modern medicine has no effective means of treatment for this serious illness, it is understandable why so insistent demand specialists from pregnant women to regularly visit the hospital.
expectant mother, when her fetus is detected signs of intrauterine hypoxia, ie,addition of oxygen starvation, which was mentioned above, is hospitalized.She was prescribed vitamins and blood thinners.But 100% improvement in the child's condition about this is no guarantee.
to minimize the risk of such a serious illness in a child pregnant woman can, if:
- completely excluded from the use of alcohol and tobacco;
- is mandatory to use iron products;
- included in the daily routine daily 2-hour walk in the fresh air;
- Will stop to be in crowded places, in order not to "catch" infection.
would seem, nothing complicated, and the baby will bypass heavy breakdowns.
newborn baby, whose body was subjected to oxygen starvation, experiencing the most severe headaches, while there is nothing to say can not.There is a possibility that an inexperienced pediatrician can not immediately correct diagnosis.Because parents need to know that there are the following manifestations of this disease:
- CNS depression syndrome - decreased muscle tone, possible asymmetry of the face, swallowing reflexes are weakened and sucking;
- hyperexcitability syndrome - WinCE, increased reflexes, crying, Tremere chin or limbs, increased muscle tone;
- comatose syndrome - disorders of motor coordination, loss of consciousness;
- hydrocephalic syndrome - increased head size, large fontanelle;
- convulsive syndrome - twitches and jerks of limbs, head.
This should immediately alert the parents.To these symptoms is added to the general weakness kid.Do not be afraid to seem alarmist, sound an alarm.Because, judging by the reviews of adult patients with cerebral ischemia accompanied by severe pain.
stages of the disease
Medics cerebral ischemia in newborns is conventionally divided into three levels:
- If a child in the first 5-7 days exhibit excessive activity or, on the contrary, oppressed and depressed, it is mild ischemia;
- If the excitation continues over a longer period and is accompanied by cramps, then - Moderate degree;
- If there is psychomotor retardation, seizures, then diagnose lesions of the central nervous system - the ischemia is severe.
When the last extent can not be excluded with visual impairment, hearing loss, ataxia.
Newborns with severe ischemia is placed in the intensive care unit, where they are being continuously monitored.Children's neurologist appoints the necessary rehabilitation measures.However, there are cases when as a result of ischemia of the child are observed and neuropsychiatric disorders that make it invalid.
As for the I and II degree of ischemia in newborns, it is used for treatment of active massage.Its efficiency is so high that some neurologists do without drugs.If this method does not give 100% results, it added medicines, but their dosage should strictly comply with the doctor's prescription.