What to do after the removal of wisdom teeth
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- What tooth
- wisdom Why do I need to remove
- complications after tooth extraction
- activities to reduce pain
What wisdom tooth
wisdom tooth colloquially received suchname due to the late eruption at the age when a person reaches the mental zrelosti.On is the 3rd molars, each row, 8th in a row (also known as "eight").It is believed that this vestigial organ, which has lost its function due to the need to reduce the amounts in the human diet food hard and rigid.It differs in size and shape of the crown.Penetrates it usually aged man from 20 to 30 years.teething process is often accompanied
Why do I need to remove
Due to the fact that wisdom is a 3 molar rudimentary body, his crown and shape have significant differences, and the growth and eruption can lead to various complications.Such complications are indications for removal, these include:
- abnormal growth - during the eruption of wisdom tooth abuts the 2nd molar, shifts it, which leads to a certain "crowding" in a number of teeth;
- inflammation of the tissues - especially when cutting inflamed gums in the corner of the jaw, which leads to the formation of "hood" which creates favorable conditions for bacterial infections;
- 3 molar tooth decay after eruption - this is due to its location in the corner of the jaw and poor access to it during the hygiene procedures;
- perikoronorit - inflammation in the wisdom tooth roots, which leads to severe pain during its eruption.
Also, the presence of improperly formed and erupted molars 3 increases the risk of suppurative inflammation of the jaw in the area of growth and cancer pathology as malignant or benign tumors.
complications after tooth extraction
Location 3 molar in the corner of the jaw, its shape and abnormal growth, significantly complicate the process of removing it.As a result, developing a number of complications, which include:
- Traumatic inflammation of the gums and jaw of the alveoli, which is accompanied by severe pain and swelling of tissues.
- tissue infection in the wound, with the development of purulent process - it increases the body temperature, and the growing phenomenon of general intoxication (headache, poor appetite, aching muscles and joints, weakness).Bacterial infections can also trigger the remaining blood clot, which is covered well.
- bleeding from the hole - it depends on the severity of the caliber of the damaged vessel and the condition of blood clotting in humans.
- alveolitis - reactive inflammatory process in the hole of the jaw, on the background of her injury or bacterial infection to the development of purulent process.In the absence of adequate therapeutic measures, can develop a complication of alveolitis in the form of an abscess (limited cavity filled with pus) angle of the jaw bone.
All these complications and consequences require the appropriate therapeutic interventions.
activities to reduce pain
most basic manifestation of the consequences is the pain after wisdom tooth removal.In order to reduce its intensity, it is necessary to carry out actions aimed at reducing the severity of inflammatory responses, which include:
- few hours immediately after the procedure is required to refrain from eating.Hot drinks (they can increase inflammation, and pain intensity) should not be taken during the day.
- For prevention of bleeding after the procedure, per well is necessary to apply a sterile cotton swab and squeeze it, having closed his jaw, it will also reduce the swelling of the tissues, which increases the pain.
- To reduce the severity of edema and pain in the cheek can make a compress of cloth dampened with cold water or a small bag of ice.Keep a poultice can be about 10-15 minutes.
- about a day after the procedure, you can not brush your teeth, rinse your mouth with water active, warm the area of post-operative wounds - these restrictions will accelerate the process of regeneration (healing) tissue and reduce the intensity of pain.
- Medication - drugs from pharmacological group of anti-inflammatory drugs (nimesil, ketanov, analgin, tempalgin) block the synthesis of the main inflammatory mediator prostaglandin, thereby decreasing its manifestations and pain.These drugs are taken orally after meal.They can not be used in case of gastric ulcers or severe allergies to components of the drug.
After the application of such measures, the intensity of the pain usually decreases within a few days.If the pain over a longer period of time against the backdrop of rise in temperature, it is necessary to consult a doctor, as this demonstrates the possible development of purulent process.