Children's infectious diseases
Child Health / / August 12, 2017
Children often suffer from infectious diseases for several reasons.Firstly, their immune system is not yet perfect, and secondly, they are often in close cooperation with the other children, active contact with soil, sand, contaminated toys.Interestingly, the major communicable disease throughout the world their classification and prevention virtually identical.The main pediatric pathologies associated with infection by alien microorganisms include measles, rubella, mumps, chicken pox, polio, angina, erysipelas, scarlet fever, diphtheria, tuberculosis infection.
most frequently detected bacteria and viruses as the cause of infectious diseases.The body of a child, they get mainly by airborne droplets when sneezing, talking, coughing child.Viruses, for example, to quickly penetrate into the mucous membrane of the nose or eyes after contact with these dust particles from the air, droplets of mucus.The groups of children can be met and the following diseases that are transmitted from an infecte
ICD infectious diseases (including infectious diseases and children's) belong to the first class classification.They are divided thus:
- intestinal infection;
- viral disease with rashes;
- polio enterovirus diseases of the CNS;
- zoonoses associated with bacteria;
- viral pathology associated with exposure to arthropods;
- other viral diseases;
- syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases (in pediatrics, they are most often found as congenital diseases that pass from the mother during childbirth or as a result of intrauterine infection);
- fungal infections;
- other bacterial diseases;
- rickettsioses, other pathologies associated with arthropods;
- pathology associated with spirochetes;
- helminth infections;
- other infections, parasitic diseases.
Some classifiers share pediatric pathology of typical and atypical.When symptoms of atypical forms can be erased or uncharacteristic for this particular pathology.There are, and this form of the disease as a carrier, in which the child himself is not sick, but is a carrier of a bacterial or viral infection.Symptoms of the disease in a baby in carriers is not observed.
According to the severity of the pathological process can distinguish severe, moderate and mild degree of the disease.Meningeal syndrome, the appearance of seizures and signs of encephalitis - signs of leakage particular severity of the disease.In course of the disease can be divided into pathology:
- to smooth over;
- with the flow of non-smooth (with complications, remissions).
Features flow pediatric infections
It should be noted that almost all the children's infections are cyclical flow.Here are the following distinct periods:
- incubation period.This is the time from getting the pathogen into the body before the onset of characteristic symptoms.For each pathology characterized by their incubation period (eg, rubella incubation period is 11-24 days, and for diphtheria and may be about an hour and can be up to 10 days);
- prodromal period.There is an acute disease development with the advent of the patient's complaints;
- during the height of the pathology.At this point, you can observe the characteristic of each individual set of symptoms of the disease;
- recovery period.It happens symptoms subsided, and then its complete disappearance.
Prevention and natural protection
from all major communicable diseases developed preventive vaccines.These are preparations, which allow develop immunity to a specific pathogen.When the body gets vaccinated in one or the other harmful microorganisms, the body recognizes it and is able to neutralize the time, do not allow to develop life-threatening symptoms and complications.Even without a vaccine, not all children are sick when they met with dangerous bacteria and viral cells.Natural protective barriers can prevent the pathogen to penetrate into the body.These protective factors are healthy without damaging the skin optimally moist mucous membranes of the nose and eyes, a sufficient number of leukocyte cells, the normal level of gastric acidity.It may also be a natural immunity to a particular disease.In children who are breastfed, there is protection against a number of diseases due to antigens derived from the mother's milk.
If one sick family member, it is necessary to urgently isolate it and call a specialist.In identifying dangerous diseases infectious nature of the patient is placed in a hospital.Children's nurse in the morning kindergarten is obliged to monitor the status of each child.It is important not to miss the kid already infected the team and prevent the epidemic.Do not delay the treatment to the doctor when a high fever in a child or swollen lymph nodes, identifying suspicious rashes, respiratory complication, intensity of pain.Prompt medical attention may well prevent the development of complications.