Itching of the skin of the body : causes and treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- mechanism of
- Causes itching all over the body
- manifestations depending on the cause
- What itching
body skin itch develops as a result of a specific inflammatoryprocess in adult or child.Under the influence of the damaging factor is the destruction of skin cells.These leucocytes rush cells (immune cells), which produce a number of biologically active compounds inflammatory mediators - prostaglandins, interleukins, histamine.They cause several effects that determine the mechanism of itch:
- directly irritate sensitive nerve endings.
- leads to the development of tissue edema due to increased permeability of the blood vessel wall andplasma release into the intercellular substance - it leads to mechanical compression of the sensitive endings of nerves and the appearance of discomfort.Deterioration
- outflow of blood from tissue in the inflammatory process, whereby the skin develops redness (hyperemia) and the temperature rise in the area of inflammation, which enhances the feeling of discomfort.
also to the development of itching in the skin resulting in disorders of the nervous system, in which the irritation of sensitive nerve endings develops without inflammatory changes in tissues.
Causes itching all over the body
Itching all over the body can develop under the influence of a number of causative factors, which include:
- infectious process in the skin, which is most often caused by fungi dermatophytes, whilelocalized itching depends on the prevalence of pathological process.
- allergic reaction - one of the manifestations of allergy is a rash on the body, with its intense itching.In the case of joining in swelling elements rashes, they acquire a distinctive look reminiscent sting, where were called hives.
- Scabies - parasitic diseases of the skin caused by scabies.Localization and prevalence of itching depends on the severity of parasitic process.
- Insect bites - bite due to the majority of insects (mosquitoes, gnats, mosquitoes, midges) develops the characteristic allergic-inflammatory response, accompanied by intense itching.
- Pediculosis - lice parasitism of ectoparasites.This bites all over his body causing cootie, who lives in clothing.
- metabolic disorders in the body - raising some of the compounds in the body leads to irritation of the nerve endings in the skin and development of itching all over the body.The most commonly itching develops in diabetes (glucose stimulation directly, and a large number of its metabolic products), hyperbilirubinemia (increased levels of bilirubin in the blood).
- Neurodermatitis - specific nerve skin disease where there is severe pruritus and its seal.
- Psoriasis - degenerative dystrophic disease of the skin, which is often accompanied by profuse desquamation.
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy - increase the level of estrogen in the blood can cause women severe pruritus.
- Mental changes - a serious condition, accompanied by severe itching, in which he has a nervous nature, associated with the violation of the cerebral cortex and the central occurrence of sensations.It can often be accompanied by a feeling of "pins and needles", the presence of subcutaneous parasites.In this condition a person brushing the skin with severe violation of its integrity (to blood).
manifestations depending on the cause
On the main cause of itching all over the body may indicate some characteristic symptoms, which include:
- itchy rash - is characterized by the appearance of the skin cells in the form of dots or spots rich pink color.This variant is characteristic of an allergic reaction, the presence of ectoparasites (lice, scabies), insect bites, fungal infections.Itching rash develops only on elements and next to them, unaffected skin inflammation usually remains without discomfort sensations.
- itching without a rash - developed on the entire surface of the skin and has a diffuse character.Developed with metabolic disorders, diabetes, jaundice.Also, such a variant happens in diseases of the central nervous system and hormonal imbalance in the body.When neurodermatitis itch without rash also develops, but the progression of the process in the skin, it thickens in the pathological process develops infiltration.
characteristic skin changes will help in determining the cause of a rash followed by choosing the right therapy.
skin treatment can be effective in the case of determining its causes and therapeutic measures aimed at its elimination.For this purpose a few groups of drugs:
- antifungals to kill the fungal infection - fluconazole;
- antiparasitic agents for the treatment of scabies and pediculosis - benzyl benzoate;
- antihistamines (antipruritic) funds - are the basis for the treatment of any itching, accompanied by an inflammatory reaction to insect bites, allergic reactions in treatment of parasitic and infectious diseases of the skin, psoriasis (sinaflana);
- sedatives and antipsychotics - are appointed only by a physician in case of skin itching as a result of disruption of the nervous system and neurodermatitis.
In case of exchange or a hormonal imbalance in the body, carried out the appropriate therapy aimed at their normalization.The basis for successful treatment is the elimination of the causes of its development.Since the ongoing impact of trigger factors, even the most modern antihistamine and antipruritic will have only a temporary effect.