The fungus between the fingers : Treatment , Causes, Symptoms
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- Causes contamination of hands mycosis
- Symptoms interdigital mycosis
- Diagnostics brush mycoses
- treatment of mycosis of interdigital folds
- Systemic treatment
Causes contamination of hands mycosis
Pathogens mycotic lesions- dermatophyte fungi and yeast species of Candida genus - may be a long time on the skin virulent (attenuated) condition and not cause any symptoms.Infection with a fungus is as follows:
- others wearing gloves;
- using another nail accessories;
- receive salon services using non-disinfected scissors, nail files, and so on. Etc .;
- common use of towels, toys (applies tochildren) with the patient fungus hands;
- stay at the pool / bath (thermophilic fungi and love a moist environment);
- capture doorknobs and handrails immediately after the patient's hand with a fungus;
- scratching their feet, affected by fungus.
All these situations are, of course, dangerous in terms of the fungus infection.However, the risk of developing mycosis of hands is greatly increased if the person:
- does not comply with the rules of personal hygiene (including pregnancy);
- has a low immune defenses;
- weakened endocrine (obesity, diabetes, hormonal disruptions) and chronic illnesses;
- has micro-cracks on the hands as a result of some kind of activities (work with chemicals, frequent contact with household cleaning products);
- suffers from hyperhidrosis of the palms or neurosis / vascular dystonia.
Symptoms interdigital mycosis
disease onset may be imperceptible to the patient.Regardless of the pathogen fungus between the fingers shows an identical picture of skin lesions.A slight redness between the toes (usually 3.4 and 5 fingers), the appearance of individual small bubbles and in some cases the itching sensation soon develops into a peeling center with a growing itch.The appearance of barely visible cracks accompanied by a burning sensation.
Important!Opening bubbles completely contraindicated.At the site of the wound can later form the erosion to the possible risk of infection.
flaky focus grows on the periphery of the formation of a thin congested border coated vesicular rash.Chronic characterized by lesions of the deep layers of the skin to form a painful cracks and weeping erosive lesions.
diagnosis of fungal infections brush
exclusively on the clinical picture is hardly possible to accurately establish the diagnosis of fungal infections.Similar symptoms are observed in diseases:
- allergic dermatitis;
Only microscopic examination of scrapings from the affected area of skin and sowing reliably diagnose a fungal infection of hands.Often combined lesion detected by dermatophytes and yeasts.
treatment of mycosis of interdigital folds
earlier revealed mycosis of hands and begun treatment, the recovery is faster.
- Observance of rules of hygiene: frequent hand washing, disinfection of nail accessories, washing soda with the addition of gloves and personal towels.
- Treatment of comorbidities that could provoke a fungal disease.
- Normalization of the digestive tract works (preferably decrease in nutrition sweet).
- antiseptics - treatment antiseptic solutions hands (well established paint Castellani) twice a day.
- concomitant treatment of hyperhidrosis - pasta Teymurova (contraindicated in children and pregnant women), Botox injections in patients with severe hyperhidrosis.
- fungicidal ointments - clotrimazole, Exoderil, Lamisil.
- Combined creams with corticosteroids as part of (Triderm, Mikozolon) are highly effective, but they should be used in chronic forms and only in the absence of treatment outcome antifungals (contraindicated in children).
rules treat antifungal ointments:
- application only after hand washing and antiseptic treatment.
- processing is carried out from the periphery to the center of the hearth.
- Observe regularity.Occasional use is only slightly reduce the disturbing symptoms but will cause an absolute ineffectiveness of the means in the future.
- For children the best preparation - clotrimazole (low toxicity).
- Ketoconazole is most effective, however, has limitations because of side effects.
- Lamisil (Terbinafine) perfectly eliminates itching, duration of treatment is minimal.
Important!Ointments are used for at least 2 weeks.in acute form and 1 month.in chronic after the disappearance of cutaneous manifestations.
Reception antifungal tablets required when rapidly spreading fungal lesions, long-term course of the disease.Usually, the doctor prescribes Fluconazole and its analogs (Diflucan, Kandizol, mikomaks and so on. D.) In individually selected scheme taking into account the prevalence of the fungus and the general condition of the patient.People
To reduce the unpleasant itching in the home used wet 9% vinegar and hearth weak soda-salt solution.Lotions made twice a day for 10-15 min.
Important!The fungus can not be cured with home remedies!Grandma's recipes only help reduce itching and are symptomatic treatment.
the treatment of fungus hand is to have patience.Often virtually disappeared scaly lesions grow again, the disease goes on a new round of relapse.Only personal hygiene and compliance with the rules of the antifungal treatment, appointed by a qualified dermatologist can help get rid of the fungal infection between the toes.