What is ringworm in humans ?
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- What is ringworm in humans?
- How to determine zoster, which is contagious, before going to the doctor?
What is ringworm in humans?
Ringworm - a disease characterized by a rash on the skin or scalp, in the form of single or multiple nodules, stains, separate or merging with each other.More often than not deprive accompany such symptoms as itching, peeling, redness of the skin at the site of injury or skin roughness pattern (lichenification).Sometimes stripping zone marked hair loss or increased fragility.
In the case of long-term course of the disease may also be a change in skin pigmentation in the form of dark or light spots.
most famous types of lichen following:
- Ringworm.Scientific name - trihofitia, the name of the fungus, the pathogen.
- Pink zoster, or shingles Gibert.
- psoriasis or psoriasis.
- eczema (weeping shingles).
- Shingles.Correct to speak - herpes zoster or herpes soster.
in this group - and fungal infectious diseases (trihofitia) and viral (herpes) nature, and are absolutely safe (psoriasis) to others.It becomes clear that the shingles may have some specific features that can help in the diagnosis, even at the initial stage, in the ordinary examination without conducting any tests.This can help even before going to the doctor, at home.And the most important question that arises before anyone else - not contagious it?
How to determine zoster, which is contagious, before going to the doctor?
It's about the fungal infection - trihofitii, which is referred to in common parlance "ringworm".On it you need to know, because it is one of the most contagious skin diseases.
About ringworm infection can be thought of in the following cases:
- if the sick child, especially attending child care, or playing in the summer in the company of peers without supervision;
- can be (optionally) communication with the unknown, homeless or obviously unhealthy animals (fed, petted, played);
- zoster manifested on the face, the neck, the shoulders affects the skin, and is found on the head - her hairy part, eyebrows.
development of the disease on the scalp is very common: the hair break off, leaving the "stumps" 2-4 mm, formed focal alopecia, or 'alopecia baldness. "Therefore, the head gives the impression of sloppy held, spotted haircut.On the scalp is not so noticeable dynamics of the eruption, and on exposed skin initially formed erythema - a spot of reddish color, its borders clear.Its average size of 2-4 cm.
then bubbles emerge on the periphery, which podsyhaya form a crust.Then the central part of the spot is subjected to shallow flaking why it is white, and the result is a pink spot in the center of the pale, having a "cushion" in the periphery.These facts allow us to recognize herpes, caused by a fungus - trihofitonom.
second kind of infectious depriving caused by fungi is mikrosporiya.Think about this fungus infection is possible if:
- contact with a cat or dog was most often the case with children (not necessarily vagrant, maybe a pet)
- as is the case with trichophytosis, children may get sick;
- only difference to the untrained eyes may be that at the location on the scalp, the hair break off when microsporia not so clearly as in ringworm, at a height of 5-8 cm .;
- spots on the skin when microsporia also shelled, have a contact roller.
Multicolored, or chromophytosis
It is sometimes called color.It is caused by fungi, too, but it is not as contagious as ringworm.
It is characterized by the following features:
- usually does not strike the scalp;
- disease occurs many years;
- spots can "crawl" on each other, merge, forming pockets with polycyclic contours, resembling a chain of lunar craters;
- with tan spots fade, but in winter they appear darker than the surrounding skin;
- flaking and itching are expressed implicitly.
Ringworm Gibert, or pink zoster
It is believed that this disease is viral, but it is non-communicable.This disease is characterized by:
- connection with a respiratory infection, weakened immunity, the spring-autumn season;
- pink zoster is more common in girls and women of childbearing age;
- formed oval or round spots that can cause itching and reach several tens of centimeters, as usual, in the middle of the possible peeling;
- localization - usually the chest, hips, the side surface of the trunk, back.
This zoster is caused by varicella-zoster virus, and occurs only in people who had chickenpox.The virus invades the nervous tissue, so the disease has a number of striking features of the course and treatment:
- occurs usually after hypothermia, against the background of reduced immunity;
- after a period of sickness skin located over nerve trunks (intercostal space, on the face of the branches of the trigeminal nerve) are beginning to go numb, sick, feel discomfort and "pins and needles";
- then occur on the skin chain bubbles filled with clear content, which then burst to form a crust.Chains are located along the nerves, and often is accompanied by burning, intense neuropathic pain.
difference shingles from others is that it is a special, bright picture, and that antiviral treatment should be started no more than 72 hours after the appearance of bubbles on the body.Also, it is capable of herpes occasionally manifest itself in the form of severe eye lesions of the central nervous system (herpes encephalitis, meningoencephalitis), and is able to leave behind severe neurological complication - postherpetic neuralgia.
should be particularly cautioned against scratching, as a result of which there is oozing, the appearance of crusts, and if skin lesions occurred in the natural folds (mezhyagodichnoy, axillary) - is a high risk of joining a secondary infection.This can easily be determined by the following features:
- there is redness of the skin;
- observed swelling of the skin and subcutaneous tissue due to edema;
- over an area of skin lesions is determined by a hot spot, hot flashes;
- appears pain during movement and even at rest, joins dysfunction, increased body temperature.
When these symptoms should immediately stop the self, diagnostics on the books of traditional healers and immediately call a doctor.