Jerusalem artichoke - the useful and medicinal properties , contraindications
Folk Remedies / / August 12, 2017
Jerusalem artichoke - Helianthus tuberosus.Perennial tuberous plant family Asteraceae, genus Sunflower.Jerusalem artichoke tall plant can reach one and a half - two meters, egg-shaped leaves, inflorescence - baskets of yellow, like tiny sunflowers.The underground part - the tubers, they can be very varied in shape, size and color.It tubers are edible part of the plant.
Jerusalem artichoke is also known as "Jerusalem artichoke" or "artichoke".The Latin name translates as "sunflower tuber".The plant owes its name to an Indian tribe in South Africa - topinambo that has made it the basis of their diet.In Europe, the closest relative of the sunflower got together with other vegetables after the discovery of the Americas.And half a century has spread to many European countries, and in the 18th century was in Russia, where it has long been confused with potatoes.
Jerusalem artichoke - rich nutrients root.It contains minerals, carbohydrates, vitamins, essential amino acids, sugar and pectin.Tuber
Application and therapeutic properties
In Russia Jerusalem artichoke has not received the recognition it deserved.Growing in many gardens, the plant is almost never used for medicinal purposes, its nutritional value and little-known.Meanwhile, it is a very useful dietary product that can be consumed both in raw and processed in, and even dried.
First of all, "artichoke" helpful to patients with diabetes diabetes.In pharmacies, we can find many varieties of dietary supplements, it is based on inulin - a substance that is present in abundance in the Jerusalem artichoke.Therefore, diabetics should pay particular attention to this plant.It is good thirst, familiar to all diabetics, constant hunger, but does not increase, and conversely lowers blood sugar.Inulin is not destroyed by heat, so you can use not only the raw tubers, but cooked to your favorite recipes without harming the level of blood sugar.
- To effectively reduce the sugar is recommended to use artichoke mashed with onion and vegetable oil.On the day you need to eat 4-5 tubers.
Effective Sweet with iron deficiency anemia .Tubers of plants rich in iron.For better absorption of 2 hours before and after, try not to eat dairy and eggs.An excellent tool to raise the level of hemoglobin can be flowers and a Jerusalem artichoke:
- One tablespoon of flowers brew three cups of boiling water, leave for 8 hours.Take 3-4 times a day for half a cup for 15 minutes before eating.
Eating tubers is good preventive atherosclerosis and thrombosis .
Jerusalem artichoke has a beneficial effect on the entire digestive tract , reduces inflammation, increases intestinal peristalsis and mucosal blood flow of gastrointestinal.
«Jerusalem artichoke" has been used successfully in the treatment of deposits salts in the joints, radiculitis and osteochondrosis.
- 2 kg of chopped leaves and stems of artichoke pour five liters of water and boil for half an hour.Then the broth is diluted with water in the bathroom in a proportion of about one to seven.Take a bath before bedtime, for 15 minutes, then warm lie in bed.The course of 20 baths taken every day.
- kilogram of raw tubers (or 400 gr. Dry) boil for 15 minutes in five liters of water.The ratio of one to seven dilute the broth in the bath and soak for 15 minutes before bedtime.The course of 20 baths, and then take a break for 15 days and repeat the course.These baths are also well resolves lumps on joints.
Jerusalem artichoke promotes the establishment of a healthy intestinal microflora and the removal from it of various parasites.It is useful in and dysbiosis antibiotics, as it creates the conditions for the growth of bifida bacteria.
root vegetable juice helps with colds :
- Bury 4-5 times a day, 10 drops.
grated tubers helps with wounds, ulcers and ulcers.
- is enough to apply to the sore spot porridge 4-5 times a day.
«artichoke» help with such unpleasant diseases as cystitis and pyelonephritis .
- should pour half a liter of boiling water 2 tablespoons of powder Jerusalem artichoke or two of grated root.When the infusion has cooled to make a glass for ten minutes before a meal.
Jerusalem artichoke has practically no contraindications.To date, only two are known:
- Possible idiosyncrasy of substances that make up the plant.
- Flatulence."Artichoke" promotes increased production of gas in the intestines, so it is not recommended to use it in large quantities to people prone to flatulence.Remember, everything is good in moderation.