Computer and child health
Helpful Hints / / August 12, 2017
talk about the impact of activities on the computer on children's health and hygiene rules at work on computer.
Job Monitor creates a number of adverse factors, and their impact is too long can lead to certain diseases.
greatest number of violations associated with vision. Computer eye syndrome (GLC) - a special term used to describe a whole range of adverse effects and the resulting long-term work on the computer: a pain in the neck, in the joints of hands, spine, nervous disorders and, of course, visual disturbances.Frequent migration eyes to different brightness and distances is one of the main negative factors when working with displays.Worldwide, there is a rapid increase in complaints about GLC (for example, in the US there were 15 million in 1996.).
GLC conventionally consists of two components - blurred vision and unpleasant or painful sensations in the eyes : a burning sensation and a feeling of "sand in the eyes" in the eye sockets and forehead pain, pain during movement of the eye, re
These problems can occur every second user's computer and are highly dependent on the time of work in front of the monitor.In some people asthenopia arises after the continuous operation of the computer 2 hours, and almost all - after 6 hours.That is why the work of all absolutely necessary short break at least once an hour.
have children during the early school years the vision is still in its infancy.In the normal development of the child is to have a certain resource hyperopia (+1.0 diopter).If the visual acuity is 1.0 or hyperopia reserve is too small, there is a risk of short-sightedness, particularly under the influence of various unfavorable factors.Due to the child's age characteristics of vision is very sensitive to the stresses of dealing with small objects - letters, numbers, signs.
particularly difficult to account for the eyes, if you often translate gaze from near objects on a long trip.The ability of the eye to see objects that are at different distances (accommodation) is provided by the work of the muscles connected to the lens.These muscles change its thickness to focus on the retina images of objects at varying distances, the closer the object, the more convex lens have to make to the image in the fundus was sharp.
not even very long chat with a computer causes the pupils a general fatigue , and more extensive work on the displays of poor quality can cause even the spasm of accommodation.For example, the 6-7 year-old children with normal vision already in the 10th minute sessions a decrease in visual efficiency, and by the end of the 15-minute operation at 10% of the children there are marked signs of fatigue, physical activity increases, there is a loss of interest in work -until its abandonment.
Violation of hygienic requirements for visual work - incorrect or insufficient lighting, incorrect position of notebooks or books, the distance from the display, bad posture - very quickly lead to fatigue and impaired vision.Particularly susceptible to fatigue children with impaired health status, often ill children, children with visual impairments.
electromagnetic radiation in the visible spectrum, as well as very low and high frequencies affect the user's computer.
video terminal, printer, keyboard, connection cables are sources of electromagnetic fields.Their impact in a wide range of frequencies, pulse character, a different intensity in combination with high visual and neuro-emotional stress can in sensitive individuals cause changes in the nervous and cardiovascular systems.
Adults , conducting the whole day at the computer, often complain of headaches, sometimes with nausea and dizziness.They are more likely than other people, discover neurosis, soldier's heart, hypo- and hypertension.In working with the computer may experience allergic disease and an increased incidence of respiratory organs.On the one hand, this may be due to changes under the influence of electromagnetic immunity field.On the other hand, due to static electric fields are attracted to the screen of the video terminal the dust particles that may contain antigens and bacterial flora.
Children are more susceptible to computer syndrome than adults.According to the American Association optikometricheskoy, it is promoted by some of the features of uncontrolled children communicate with computers:
- children do not know the steps in the games.They rarely make breaks, resulting in their view is a long time focused on the monitor, which can lead to disturbance of accommodation;
- children may experience heavy loads, often not paying attention to eye fatigue;
- children require smaller monitors, while most use the "adult" monitors.
In order to make your computing experience more or less safe, should comply with the following hygiene rules .
- not even very long interaction with the computer is at younger schoolboys general fatigue and a longer work, especially on displays of poor quality, causing even spasm of accommodation.Therefore, instead of one-time 15-minute sessions better to spend two 10-minute, and in between do physical exercises or other forms of active recreation.In this mode, reducing the productivity of visual work in the majority of children does not occur.
- To ensure the required visual distance (from the eyes to the monitor screen), the monitor should be placed on the table so that the screen is located at a distance of 60 to 70 cm from the front edge of the table.
- optimal conditions for work are at the correct planting the table , that is subject to the following rules:
- head slightly tilted forward (5-7 °);
- forearm rest on the table top (front of the keyboard) to remove static from the shoulder girdle and hands;
- angle between the forearm and shoulder and hip and thigh, not less than 90 °;
- line of sight of the child must be perpendicular to the screen and go to the center, optimal its deviation from the perpendicular passing through the center of the screen in the vertical plane shall not exceed ± 5 °, ± 10 ° admissible;
- away child's eyes and the screen should not be less than 50 cm;
- between the body housing and the edge of the table is maintained space of at least 5 cm;
- to achieve stability landing the child must sit in a chair, leaning on a 2 / 3-3 / 4 the length of the thigh;
- chair edge of the seat should go to 3-5 cm over the edge, facing the child;
- child's back should be supported;
- obligatory footrest as a special stand (if a table and a chair is too high for a child), and it is desirable to use a height-adjustable footrest.
- Continuous work on the computer for the second grade students should be limited to 20-25 minutes, a 30 minute work is too tiring.To improve performance it is advisable after 20-25 minutes of operation to carry out a 2-minute oftalmotrenazh, improves the functional state of the central nervous system of the visual analyzer.
- quality software.In addition to the important content and quality of the program (the size of the elements of information requirements, their location on the screen, especially color schemes, etc..).In particular, it was found that the most adequate for the 5-7-year children have a background green color, at work with which changes of the functional state of the body from the beginning to the end of the work had a favorable direction, fatigue was recorded only in individual cases.Blue, black, and gray-purple background is inadequate for children: most of the indicators after working with such programs deteriorated, there was a general increase in the number of cases of fatigue, a quarter of the cases mentioned visual fatigue.