Itching of the external female genital organs : Causes and Treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- mechanism of itching
- Associated symptoms
mechanism of itching
Itching of the vulva is a reaction, which in most cases is inflammatorynature.Under the influence of provoking a specific etiological factor is damage to skin cells, tissue or mucous membranes, which causes a reaction of the immune system.
In the field of immune cells accumulate damage.They produce a number of biologically active compounds that have a direct impact on the sensory nerve endings, leading to the formation of itching sensations.Also, the occurrence of such experiences may be due to the direct influence of the inciting etiologic factor on the nerve endings of the skin or mucous membranes.Reasons
There is a considerable number of different triggering factors that can lead to itching.
- Violation of the functional activity of the endocrine system in women, at which changes the level of sex hormones in the blood, as well as thyroid hormones and pancreas.Often itching develops diabetes, associated with a decrease in insulin levels.
- pathology of the peripheral nerves (neuropathy) - develops a violation of impulses along nerve fibers, which leads to unpleasant sensations in the area of innervation of the affected nerve.
- Violation cortex functions and structures of the brain - with the itching is psychogenic in nature and not associated with any changes in the woman's intimate area.
- liver disease (hepatitis, steatosis) or bile ducts (cholelithiasis, cholecystitis, dyskinesia), during which the level of bile acids in the blood increases.These pathologies cause direct stimulation of sensory nerve endings.
- Women's disease - an inflammatory pathology of the internal organs of the urogenital system, which leads to a discharge from the urethra (the urethra) or vagina.Allocation may cause damage to the skin and mucous membranes of cells in the form of their occurrence macerated discomfort.
- vaginosis (vaginal bacteria overgrowth), which interferes with the normal microflora or thrush occurs (activated fungus genus Candida).
Exogenous factors for the development of pruritus:
- Insufficient or excessive intimate hygiene using different detergents, causing irritation of the genitals.
- Contact fungal or bacterial pathogen and its subsequent parasitism in the vulva (labia and vulva) with the development of an infectious process.
- Wearing underwear made of synthetic materials, which leads to increased perspiration and skin irritation of various salts of sweat.
- skin reaction and the mucous membranes of the intimate area (usually allergic nature) to carry a variety of gaskets, particularly flavored.
knowledge of the causes of itching sensations will help guide the effort to fix them to deal effectively with this condition and prevent it from developing in the future.
on the probable cause of itching can indicate other clinical symptoms that accompany itching or join him.
- Frequent urination and itching indicate the possible infection of the urethra inflammation.It also happens in some infections with a predominantly sexual transmission mechanism (chlamydia, ureaplasmosis).When urinating in the urine may appear a small amount of mucus.
- Itching and burning after urination preferentially localized on the pubic part of the abdomen evidence of infection in the bladder (cystitis).
- appearance of a rash in the perineal region, large and small labia often accompanies an allergic reaction or infection, inflammation caused by insufficient personal hygiene or chemical irritation.
Such associated symptoms make it possible to start further further study the causes of itching and begin appropriate therapy.
main focus of treatment is a causal therapy aimed at eliminating exposure to the etiological factor.To this end, the following drugs and therapeutic measures:
- antibiotics in bacterial inflammation of the urethra, internal reproductive organs (uterus and its appendages) and the bladder;
- antifungal agents used in the case of itching thrush;
- sedatives have a calming effect on the nervous system structure, thereby reducing its pathological impulses and reduce the itching sensation;
- complex therapy of metabolic, hormonal disorders, liver disease and biliary tract help to improve metabolism and reduce the severity of itching.
Also during the treatment of itching sure to pay attention to such exogenous factors as the intimate hygiene and the wearing of underwear made of synthetic fabrics.In the case of an allergic reaction is eliminated and the impact of allergen used antihistamines (allergy) drugs.
Today gynecology has sufficient resources for quality diagnostics and effective treatment of the causes and consequences of itching genitals of the woman.
12 Aug, 2017