Helpful Hints / / August 12, 2017
Eclipse ... 40% of women experience it every month, ceasing to recognize themselves, surprising friends and employees.The mood is spoiled, there is irritability, anxiety, insomnia, headache, stomach or together.Premenstrual tension builds ...
desire to rid yourself of unpleasant PMS is quite clear: to strike out every month in the life of a few days, feel bad, look horrible, tyrannize others, and then regret their behavior, no one wants.
few facts about PMS
- At the age of 19-29 years, PMS occurs in about 20% of women after 30 years - at 55-60%.
- PMS is more common in women of intellectual labor.
- 27% of women, for the first time condemned for the crimes committed in their name by the premenstrual period.
- During PMS frequency of hospitalizations of women for emergency indications of nearly 29%.
The connection between PMS and the cyclic changes in hormonal levels.PMS is never at anovulatory cycles (suppression of ovulation and correct medical selection of oral contraceptives can save
there are clear criteria for the diagnosis of PMS.
- Signs of malaise are repeated in the second phase of the menstrual cycle (14 th - 28 th day).In varying degrees of severity are present in each menstrual cycle.
- In the first phase of the menstrual cycle (1st - 14th day) symptoms usually disappear and, at least 7 days of the cycle should be absent.Most PMS symptoms disappear immediately after the onset of menstruation and do not appear before ovulation.
- combination of physical, psychological and behavioral changes hinder normal relationships with other people and normal activity.
Symptoms of PMS
Premenstrual syndrome is characterized by a number of symptoms .At this time, you may disturb a variety of complaints - from emotional outbursts, reduction of attention, increase body weight to constipation and the sudden appearance of acne on the face or herpes sores on the lips.In general, a few days of continuous trouble.
Depending on what the symptoms of PMS are leading, there are five main forms of PMS.This division is rather arbitrary - often, these forms may be combined.
In the days before menstruation is marked aggressiveness, irritability. woman easily loses his temper on occasion, and without cause, becoming overly emotional, quick-tempered .Become more frequent conflicts at work and at home, with her husband, children, parents.Always there is self-pity, she feels insulted surrounding seem inattentive.There may be depressive symptoms: tearfulness, feelings of hopelessness, in the perception of the "black" colors.Frequent fatigue, drowsiness, or a kind of exhaustion, even when the usual load becomes unbearable.
possible pain in the heart, shortness of breath, weakness , which do not pass after taking validol that gives physicians are serious reasons to suspect "myocardial infarction", but the changes that are typical of a heart attack, the ECG absent.Often there is a cyclic (before each menstrual period) increase in blood pressure.Sometimes there "syndrome panic attacks": high blood pressure, chills, shortness of breath, feeling a sinking heart, abdominal pain, fear of death.After such an attack is noted frequent urination.
characterized by fluid retention, pain and breast engorgement, swelling of hands and feet, face, abdomen distention .Marked weight gain.With the onset of menstruation comes improvement, there is a lightness throughout the body, "enlightenment" in the head, swelling go away, weight normalizes.
got its name from the term cefalgia, meaning headache .Pain is pulsing starts from the temporal region and proceeds on migraine type, accompanied by nausea, vomiting (blood pressure, as a rule, not increased).You may receive a sense of "bulging" of the eyeball.
atypical form of PMS
characterized cyclically recurring symptoms that are difficult to relate directly to the PMS , such as increased body temperature from 37.2 to 38-39 ° C in the absence of signs of inflammation and colds;asthma attacks;allergic reactions;manifestations of eczema, neurodermatitis, ulcerative stomatitis, conjunctivitis, etc.
How to deal with PMS?
Reduce PMS symptoms you can do, to resolve some of the issues power.
- During PMS better to give up coffee, tea or cola in favor of, for example, herbal teas.Caffeine - a stimulant, which in our case will increase irritability, anxiety and disrupt sleep.Go to decaffeinated coffee (at least temporarily).
- Those who suffer from PMS, you need a diet rich in carbohydrates.Pasta and bread from wheat flour normalize your emotions.It is proved that the starchy foods capable of increasing the concentration of brain tryptophan - substances involved in the synthesis of serotonin.
- low-salt diet will help to avoid excessive accumulation of fluid in the body, and to cope with a headache.Incidentally, the optimum fluid intake during the premenstrual period - less than, but not less than one and a half liters per day.
- During PMS especially need these minerals and vitamins, which are able to reduce the symptoms of PMS.You can take these substances in the form of vitamin and mineral complex, or in kind.This calcium (milk), magnesium (green vegetables, lettuce, spinach), potassium (bananas, potatoes in their skins, dried apricots), the E vitamin (vegetable oil, cereals, herbs), the B6 vitamin (wheat germ, legumes).
It is very important to take the morning and evening douches and do not forget about physical activity, as well as to indoor air during sleep was fresh.These simple techniques can greatly alleviate your condition.
To eliminate PMS symptoms using a wide range of drugs: oral contraceptives, sedatives, antidepressants, tranquilizers, antihypertensives and diuretics.All of them are appointed by the individual in each case and depending on the PMS.Proper selection of drugs is recommended to trust the doctor - a gynecologist-endocrinologist.However, the effectiveness of therapy depends not only on the right-prescription drugs, but also on the psychological climate around women.Mutual understanding in the family circle and in sexual relations to avoid the passions and conflicts.