Parabens - used in cosmetics than dangerous parabens list
Cosmetology / / August 12, 2017
To on cosmetic products has been good demand, it must be carried out so as to have an attractive appearance and longer shelf life.That is why it includes preservatives are the most common ones are the parabens.
Usually Parabens - are chemical substances that differ pronounced antibacterial and antifungal properties.Thanks to them, it is possible to prevent the development of harmful germs, bacteria, fungi, molds and pathogenic microflora, which is starting to develop, as soon as you open the packaging of the product.Such active substances are used in the production of not only cosmetics but also for some food and pharmaceutical products.
Each cosmetic product is water and plant extracts, as well as various additives, due to which it can quickly deteriorate.To preserve the beauty of makeup and all the properties it added parabens, which are not allowed to develop the microflora and negatively affect the skin, hair and nails.Also parabens used to base drug could well dissolve in the liqui
In any cosmetics are preservatives, they can be synthetic (parabens) or natural, having a natural origin (extract of grapefruit seeds, leaves of birch, propolis, pine bark, seaweed, tea tree oil, eucalyptus).For example, often found in cosmetics grapefruit seed extract.True high cost of such a component is different, so having it as part of a significant effect on the price of cosmetic products.In addition, grapefruit seed extract is not recommended for those who are prone to allergies.
As far as parabens, they rarely provoke the development of a negative reaction, that is, may be suitable for people who have an increased reactivity of the skin.
When using natural preservatives immediately reduces the shelf life of a cosmetic product - up to 2-3 weeks with compulsory storage of cosmetics in the fridge.
parabens Parabens - these are some of the most effective preservatives today.
- Thanks parabens increases the duration of storage of cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and so on. N. Without changing the useful properties and qualities of the product.
- not cause allergic reactions and are well tolerated by the body.
- Reliable and inexpensive preservative, which affects the price of the product in the direction of the price reduction.
more dangerous parabens
- now known assertion that parabens can accumulate in the body and to some extent affect the hormonal balance of man, than can provoke the development of cancer.
- Parabens in its effect similar to estrogen and have a slight estrogenic activity, thus their excessive consumption is harmful to those who estrogen is contraindicated, especially pregnant women.
- Methyl and propyl parabens when applied topically can cause allergic contact dermatitis, skin irritation or other skin diseases.
- parabens, in particular methylparaben, applied to the skin, for example in a cream of the sun, on the contrary enhances the adverse effects of ultraviolet radiation causes the skin aging and.
How to determine parabens in cosmetics
To determine the presence of parabens in cosmetics, it is necessary to examine the packaging carefully, namely the composition of the product.This will determine the level of security chosen cosmetics.However, it should first understand how it denote different substances.Modern manufacturers often in the product indicate parabens letter E with a certain combination of numbers.Let's look at this issue in more detail.
There parabens notation:
- methylparaben (E218)
- ethyl paraben (E214)
- propyl paraben (E216)
- benzylparaben and their sodium salts
In addition, parabens can be called synonymous:
- metagin, propagin
- methyl, ethyl, propyl paraben (hydroxybenzoate)
- hydroxybenzoic acid (hydroxybenzoate)
- E214 ... E219
is important to remember that in specific cosmetic products can not meet all the parabens, since it all depends on the purpose of funds.
The least amount of additives is in the eye shadow, blush and powder.A lot of these components is found in cosmetics, which has a fat or liquid texture.
Today parabens are an integral part of our lives, without them is unthinkable the use of cosmetics, medicines, food and so on. N. But science does not stand still, scientists are looking for other options for safe preservatives, seek to reduce the amount of parabens in products, therebyprotect consumers against their harmful effects.