Helminthiases - Interview with the candidate of medical sciences V. Voykovatovym
Helpful Hints / / August 12, 2017
The people from time immemorial There is a lot of misconceptions about this common disease as a bot, and simply put, about worms.And often, these errors lead to incorrect treatment of the disease.What is a bot than he is dangerous, as well as than to treat it, how to avoid infection with worms?About all this, our correspondent Nikolai Vasiliev talks with the candidate of medical sciences V. VOYKOVATOVYM.
- Vadim S., once in the press flashed reported that 80% of our population are infected with helminths.Where did this figure?
- most likely from the ceiling.Accurate information on this point.Intrigue of worms that they often do not manifest themselves.Most infected people a long time do not feel discomfort.Some complain of fatigue, become whiny and irritable.And someone has symptoms associated with space worms localization.If, for example, they are located in the intestine, they can either cause diarrhea or constipation or unexplained abdominal pain.If the worms are settled in the gallbladder, then
- And what they reveal?
- most often by accident, when the parasite itself comes out.Or when a planned survey, which was conducted among workers in the food industry and trade, as well as among pregnant women and schoolchildren.
- Is it possible for some telltale signs to identify bot?Someone, for example, with excellent appetite losing weight and some creaks teeth in his sleep?
- By the way, the weight loss with good appetite does not mean the infection with worms.Parasites may be both in obese people and lean.But in the normal diet, they generally does not manifest itself.Similarly, grinding of the teeth during sleep is not a sign of helminthiasis.But if the laboratory analysis of the negative and the doctor still suspects that the patient has worms, he assigns the necessary treatment.The fact that the lab could be mistaken or made poor-quality analysis.Besides now many commercial clinics, laboratories which always want something you find, then to long and expensive to treat.To believe the results of these tests are not necessary.
But deliver more accurate diagnosis (especially when the bot disguised as other diseases) medical help and food geography history.If you suspect a bot parasitologist doctor must find out where the person was born, because in each geographical area to extend its range of parasites.
For example, a person born anywhere on the Ob and the Yenisey, where the population is fed by fresh river fish contaminated opisthorchiasis.And he grew
there until 10 years later the family moved to Moscow.He became an adult, received the profession, got married ... and already forgotten that once lived in Siberia.But ten or odd years he was at risk, and then, as a child, could catch opisthorchiasis!
very popular now dangerous trip Russians in exotic countries.Once an appointment to vrachu parasitologist patient came, who found helminths, excuse me, in the buttocks.Spreads of worms androvaya African fly.It turned out that this man was recently in the south of Africa.But there are flies are not found.With some difficulty the patient remembered that span only stayed for one night in Senegal and the hotel has washed his clothes, which hung to dry in the bathroom, where the pane was opened.This is a fly and flew ...
To make an accurate diagnosis, parasitologist doctor must find out all the details of a patient's life.For example, a person lives in Moscow, but somehow got a few days in the neighboring Ryazan region.And there Oka, fishing, bonfire, ear on the bank ... It would seem that no Oka Amazon and Ryazanschine not Arab Emirates.Nevertheless, the patient ate Ushytsya ashore and contracted ... from river fish.
This is the geographical history.
Equally important is the history of food, that is, the study of the patient's gastronomic habits.Here is someone who likes salty schuchyu eggs and eat it can not, it is dangerous.Or schuchyu and Okuneva and it tapeworm.Only black caviar it is not.
- Do all kinds of worms are dangerous?
- Among them there is an interesting difference.For example, large parasites such as tapeworms, which all fear, not really very dangerous, despite their impressive, sometimes up to 15 meters size.But the tiny parasites that can penetrate into the vital organs, much more dangerous.They can sneak anywhere, even in the brain.
But comparatively harmless parasites that live in the gastrointestinal tract can also cause considerable concern.Let's live in the intestines of Ascaris, well if she will go with fecal matter.But suddenly for unknown reasons, she will go, for example, bile ducts and gall bladder, climb into the trachea during childbirth reaches the placenta.And because it is unpredictable!Any worms - a ticking time bomb.Man lives with her, not knowing when it will explode.
relatively harmless worms often live in the lumen of the intestine, feeding on garbage digested food, absorb some vitamins and minerals.But if a person eats full, then any harm from their "tenants", he does not feel.But if the power is defective, even harmless worms dangerous to health - it "eats" and scarce food.
- To learn how the worms infected now seems to know everything - through dirty hands, poorly processed foods, etc. But perhaps you can "purchase" of worms and other means..?
- A lot depends on where our patients live.I have already mentioned how the person contracted in Senegal from the flies that sat on his underwear.And if we talk about Russia, the all-still the main way of infection - the food.You go to the market, buy fresh herbs, carrots, radishes, or tear the vegetables from the garden of their own backyard, bring them home, and, of course, wash.But how do you do it?Under running water from the tap?Or are rinsed in a basin?And that's wrong.The fact that the invisible eggs of Ascaris is firmly attached to green leaflets.Water jet should not wash!It is necessary to take a large basin of water, put the greens.If you buy it in bunches, the bunches of cut.Allow half an hour, change the water three or four times.And only then helminth eggs under the weight of its own gravity, together with the ground will settle to the bottom.All vegetables that are in the earth - radishes, carrots - Wash thoroughly with hot water.
- Now many people are addicted to the natural food, raw food, Japanese food ...
- Raw fish - one of helminth infection sources.It does not matter, it's a river or sea fish.Helminths may be contaminated with any.If marine fish immediately after the catch are not sent in the refrigerator, and left for some time in the heat, then from her bowel parasites move to the pulp, and then infecting the person who ate such fish, is inevitable.By the way, we also eat herring, and that raw fish, just salty.It does not pass the heat treatment and, therefore, may also be infected.
source of infection can be, and meat.Especially kebabs.This is not a Russian dish, it came to us from the Caucasus.And there they are made only of lamb.In Russia, however, had begun cooking kebabs of pork and pigs eat everything and are carriers of worms.Pork should be cooked in only one way - a long time to boil in a saucepan.
- Is it possible to become infected with worms from the pet dogs and cats?
- Many dog owners put them to a sleep, hug, kiss.But the dog walking on the ground, lying on it, lick feces and then go into the house.In contrast to dogs, cats are more active in terms of physical contact with the person.Lick his hands, face, and the owners do not mind ponezhnichat with their pets.That person gets on the dog dangerous disease - echinococcosis, which leads to the formation of large cysts in various organs: spleen, liver, in the pelvic organs, the brain.These cysts are treated surgically, then medicines.However, this disease affects not only the owners of dogs, but also other people, and often the children playing in the sandbox, which can be dog feces.
The danger lies in wait to catch vermin hunters and their families.For example, through the skin of the killed fox, which hides the germ that causes hydatid disease.
- What would you recommend for the prevention of helminthiasis?
- Probably nothing new, I will not tell.it is necessary to wash vegetables?It is necessary.When sexual intercourse need to use condoms.Food is necessary to cook properly.But some specific tips, probably still can give.So, if you are treated to an unknown meat dish, do not eat it until then, until you make sure that the meat of herbivores.Unless the antelope - you can eat safely, and if the wild boar - better not.Red caviar and Okuneva and schuchyu svezhesolenom in the form of no better there.Suitable only one that has long been well conserved and prosolena.
- And is there any medications to treat helminth infections?
- With respect to coliform well proved drug mebindazol (Vermoxum).It has a fairly wide range of actions, although not cope with all the round worms.With tapeworm (fluke, liver fluke) can be treated with praziquantel drug.The protozoan parasites, such as Giardia, effectively destroys tinidazole.
Attempts to create drugs that would be destroyed at the same time all kinds of worms while success has not.In addition, after the expulsion of worms from the body of the patient are the diseases that these parasites have caused:. Cholecystitis, cholangitis, hepatitis, etc. So just get rid of parasites is not enough, you need to treat the consequences of their stay in the body.For some helminth infections are characterized by allergic symptoms - hives, itching.