Determine " owl " you , " bird " or " dove"
Psychology / / August 12, 2017
our lives controlled by an internal biological rhythms.They determine human activity at different times of the day.And it is very important to know your body works for some hours, to live in harmony with them.
Depending on chronotype all people can be divided into three categories: "Owl", "larks" and "doves."And one in five of us are believed to be related to the "owls".In the morning they have physiological functions are inhibited, then during the day the activity is gradually increasing, and their performance peak in the evening and night.As a rule, such people distinguish inertness, good judgment, the validity of the conclusions, the tendency to logical thinking, abstract generalizations.
About 30% of people refers to "lark".They work better in the morning "fresh mind", but by the end of the day they become less energetic, evening and night shifts are transferred with great difficulty."Larks" Often there are enthusiasts, generators ideas or daring creators.The remaining half of the people refers t
determine which "pack" you think about, is not always easy.It often happens that the living conditions are forced to adjust to not peculiar nature of our daily routine.But if a person breaks their biorhythms, for example, is struggling with insomnia or, on the contrary, sleep, it can lead to nasty consequences.
- «Owls" richer "larks".V is the best memory, thinking, stronger health.These results were obtained by British researchers based on a survey of 3,000 people over 50 years old.
- clear that "owls" have appeared after invented the light bulb, before all the people lived, "the sun": early and wake up early went.
- According to research by American scientists, now the number of "Lark" is reduced.
- curious that almost half of 18-30 years in humans -. "Owls"At the age of 30-50 years of about 30%.And after 50 years, only a few remain "owls".
- among the "owls" many representatives of creative professions.They are usually creative thinking - these are people with a lead right hemisphere of the brain."Larks" different analytical mind, responsible for what the left hemisphere.They are often the mathematicians and physicists.
Horne-Ostberg questionnaire (shortened version)
it difficult for you to get up early in the morning?
- yes, almost always - 3 points;
- sometimes - 2 points;
- rare - 1 point;
- rarely - 0 points.
If you had a choice of what time you went to bed in the evening?
- after the morning - 3 points;.
- from 23 to 1 am - 2 points;.
- from 22 to 23 hours - 1 point;
- to 22 h. - 0 points.
Which do you prefer breakfast within the first hour after waking up?
- tight - 0 points;
- less dense - 1 point;
- can restrict boiled egg - 2 points;
- quite cup of tea or coffee - 3 points.
If you recall all your recent spat with their families and colleagues, at what time of day they mostly occur?
- in the morning - 1 point;
- afternoon - 0 points.
From what you it would be easier to give up?
- of morning tea or coffee - 2 points;
- by teatime - 0 points.
How accurately can you count time of 1 minute (without looking at the stopwatch, you can define the period of time)?
- less than a minute - 0 points;
- more than a minute - 2 points.
How easy do you change habits related to food, while on vacation, travel?
- very easy - 0 points;
- easily - 1 point;
- hard - 2 points;
- not change - 3 points.
If you are coming early in the morning things to do, how much before you go to bed?
- more than 2 hours - 3 points;
- an hour or two - 2 points;
- less than an hour - 1 point;
- as usual - 0 points.
Count the points on all the issues.
- Sum from 0 to 7 indicates it belongs to the "lark";
- from 8 to 13 - to the "blue";
- from 14 to 20 - to the "owls".
To better understand yourself and then make the appropriate conclusions, pay attention to the advice of experts.Firstly, it is believed that the internal biorhythms defines the time of birth.Those who were born from 4 am to 11 am - "larks" and born from 4 pm to midnight - "Owl".The rest - "doves."If you do not know the hour of his birth, use the following method - physiological.This test came up with a German professor Gunther Hildebrandt.In the morning, immediately after awakening, measure your heart rate and the number of breaths per minute.If their ratio is somewhere 4: 1, then you - "pigeon", if 5: 1 or 6: 1, you - "bird".Increased frequency of breaths and the ratio of 3: 1 or less characteristic of the typical "owls".To check which type you belong to, you can also use the questionnaire Swedish scientists Horne and Ostberg.
Where podstelit straw?
«Larks" are more prone to diabetes, obesity, diseases of the circulatory system, migraines, asthma, are more sensitive to changes in the weather.
«Owls» often lurk stomach ulcers, hypertension, myocardial infarction, angina pectoris.This is the scientific explanation.Back in the 1950s, the British geneticist and microbiologist Rick Francis found that the daily release of hormones from the "owls" 1.5 times higher than that of "larks", due to this they are so active during evening and night time.