Preparations for the treatment of nail fungus on my feet (tablets , ointment, cream )
Medicine / / May 22, 2016
- Features of antifungal agents (antimycotic)
- Local treatment of onychomycosis
- Systemic treatment of onychomycosis
infection of the nail plate caused by opportunistic or pathogenic fungi is known as onychomycosis.The disease is recorded among the 26% of the adult population.The main pathogens are usually mold, yeast-like fungi, dermatophytes.This article describes how to cure nail fungus on his feet, describes the most popular drugs.
Features of antifungal agents (antimycotic)
Today, there are quite a wide range of products, which have a specific activity against pathogenic fungi.This variety of compounds or agents of plant origin that are produced by chemical synthesis.
Depending on the chemical structure of antimycotics are divided into certain groups.Because they have a different spectrum of activity and different pharmacokinetics, self can be dangerous, so the use of any pharmacological agent against fungus should be agreed with your doctor.In addition, it should be remem
- volume of affected areas;
- duration of the disease;
- nature of the pathological changes caused by fungi;
- presence of comorbidities.
As a rule, carried out a complex therapy that involves the use of both local resources and systemic effects of drugs.All preparations of the fungus are certain contraindications and side effects, particularly the application of the scheme, so can not do without professional advice.Otherwise uncontrolled self-treatment leads to the emergence of resistant fungi which are difficult therapy, leading to further progression of the disease.
Local treatment of onychomycosis
important feature of antifungal topical medications is that they allow you to create on the surface of the affected nail a high concentration of active ingredient.In this case it is not absorbed into the systemic circulation.systemic effects of the drug in the same concentration have a toxic effect on the body.In addition, they can not be used during pregnancy, liver disease, or drug allergy, so in some cases the appointment of local antifungals is the most appropriate.
disadvantage preparations for topical antifungal action is that they are mainly accumulated on the surface of the affected nail plate and can not act on the fungi, which are located in the deeper layers of the nail bed, so to increase the effectiveness of treatment resorting to mechanical removal of the affected areas, after whichalready applied to anti-fungal medication.So, before applying antifungals often use special keratolytic plaster.There are also special paints antifungals (e.g. Batrafen or Lotseril) that do not require removal of part of the nail plate patient.
to the affected nail bed can cause the following local antimycotics:
- bifonazole - a synthetic 1% solution, which belongs to the class of azoles, and has a broad spectrum of activity.This drug has both fungistatic and fungicidal action, damages the cell membranes of fungi and inhibits the processes of cellular respiration.
- Exoderil - contains an active substance naftifine but fungistatic and fungicidal activity has bactericidal properties.This drug is well tolerated, and in some cases, there are local side effects, which do not require its cancellation.Exoderil is produced in solution form and ointments for topical application.
- To treat nail fungus successfully apply Lamisil - 1% cream or spray that contains terbinafine.This drug is effective in lesions of dermatophytes and the fungi of the genus Candida.The external application of systemic absorption is only 5%.In addition, Lamisil gives fast therapeutic effect (improvement of lesions can be seen already at 3-5 days of its application).
- Mikozan - a set containing serum and disposable nail files.When applied on the nails, the tool forms a film, which increases the density of the nail plate and creates unfavorable conditions for the further propagation of fungi.Mikozan should be applied to the affected nail twice a day for a month.Once a week, the patients must be carefully cleaned areas nail file, which is included in the kit.It is worth noting that the drug not only treats nail fungus on my feet, but also can be used for the prevention of repeated fungal infection, and also used to strengthen the power and the nail plate when it increased fragility or bundle.
- clotrimazole - the drug has practically no systemic action.For topical application it disrupts the synthesis of ergosterol, included in the cell membrane of fungi, which changes its permeability and leads to lysis of mycotic cells.This ointment of the fungus even in high doses does not cause reactions that are life-threatening, but long-term use in patients with hepatic impairment is recommended to monitor liver function.
Systemic treatment of onychomycosis
the treatment of fungal infections systemic medications used in the inefficiency of the local resources.The most popular pills for nail fungus on your feet:
- Griseofulvin - tableted effective tool used for the treatment of onychomycosis for over 30 years.The drug is recommended to be taken with food, as it can cause dyspepsia.Sometimes Griseofulvin may cause hives.To eliminate this adverse effect combine therapy with taking antihistamines.
- Ketoconazole - pharmacological drug used to treat both superficial and systemic fungal infections.At intake it is well absorbed.Long-term treatment may cause nausea, diarrhea, somnolence, decreased libido.When the tablets are treated with "Ketoconazole", be sure to monitor the blood count and liver function.
- Itraconazole - a capsule that is taken orally, after meals, drinking plenty of water.When the dosage of the drugs should be borne in mind that the effectiveness of its oral administration may be reduced during concomitant disorders of the immune system, especially in patients with AIDS.
- Fluconazole - a means of azole.His take on the scheme pulse therapy - once at 150 mg per week.During long-term therapy courses advisable to monitor renal function.
As is clear from the information provided, antifungal drugs a lot.They have different prices specificity exposure, various side effects, features of application, etc., which in general is critical to select a particular antimycotic agents.
30 May, 2016
30 May, 2016