Medications to improve cerebral circulation
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- Classification Indications
- application features
- What means are used in children?
The brain is very sensitive to lack of oxygen, which usually develops in the cerebral circulation, causing the appearance of a variety of pathological symptoms.To eliminate them, and the resumption of normal blood flow in the vessels of the brain neurologists used a special group of medicines, including drugs with different mechanisms of action, but equally positive effect on nerve cells.
preparations improving brain blood circulation are not only medicines that help dilate blood vessels, but also has a very different effect, such as antiplatelet.And it is justified, because of disrupting the normal blood supply to the brain cells and can spasm of blood vessels, and blockage of blood clots and atherosclerotic plaques.
classification, the following groups of drugs used to improve cerebral circulation:
- means acting directly on the vasculature.These include cavinton, cinnarizine, nicergoline, flunarizine, as well as more modern drugs, for example nimodipine.The selective effect of these drugs on the brain vessels to the present time is questionable, although the producers and say otherwise.Therefore, the main side effects of these agents are various pathological symptoms of the circulatory system.Also in this group include antispasmodics such as no-spa, papaverine, Dibazolum, but their effect is not selective, and general and vascular smooth muscles of the whole body.
- Drugs improving metabolic processes in nerve cells.For example, Aminalon, pikamilon, piracetam, Cerebrolysin, ksantinola nicotinate, Pantogamum, mexidol aktovegin and others. Many of these drugs are nootropic agents, that is, they have a direct activating effect on the brain by enhancing conduction of nerve impulses and immediate impact on the exchangeprocesses occurring in the neurons.Therefore, they are used to improve memory, enhance the ability to work, to eliminate more serious consequences of violation of the processes of cerebral circulation and accelerate the recovery after stroke and trauma.
- antiplatelet agents, that is, drugs that prevent platelet aggregation and thrombus formation.This group includes dipyridamole or chimes, clopidogrel, pentoxifylline (he has also some vasodilatory effect).
- Medication plant based, in particular, contain an extract of Ginkgo biloba.For example, tanakan, biloba, memoplant.These drugs have a different effect: they improve the blood flow in the brain, prevent the formation mikrotrombov, normalize metabolic processes in neurons and protect the membranes of nerve cells.
- Combined funds - instenon, teoverin, vazobral and others.Their advantage - the possibility of simultaneous use of different mechanisms of influence on cerebral blood flow, which gives the best therapeutic effect.
The need for tools that improve blood circulation in the brain, occurs in various diseases and conditions:
- head injuries;
- recovery of patients after stroke and trauma;
- cerebral atherosclerosis;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- fatigue, memory impairment;
- headaches, dizziness.
such serious problems as the improvement and restoration of cerebral circulation, the choice of optimal medication and its dosage regimen require an exceptional individual approach of the attending physician to each patient.It is also worth noting that any of the medicines intended to influence those or other processes in the brain, only a doctor should prescribe, as most of these drugs have serious side effects and contraindications.In addition, it is inadmissible to use active independent neuroprotective and other similar tools for preventive purposes.
drugs for cerebral circulation are applied long courses - from a few months to life reception at short intervals because otherwise the treatment will be ineffective.In addition, often a single drug is not enough to produce the desired therapeutic effect, in such cases, either the complex administered drugs, or a combination of several drugs such as piracetam and aktovegina.
What means are used in children?
Violations of cerebral circulation in children are much rarer than in adults, because the child's blood vessels more elastic and do not contain atherosclerotic plaques.However, there are a variety of situations, such as intrauterine hypoxia, birth asphyxia, congenital vascular abnormalities, blood diseases and endocrine organs, as well as traumatic brain injuries, which require the appointment of a specific effect of drugs on blood vessels and brain tissue.
For children, especially small ones, are suitable medication, gently influencing cerebral blood flow.These include drugs hopantenic acid, for example, Pantogamum.Also in pediatric neurology is widely used Phenibutum, Cerebrolysin, aktovegin.