Antivirals with SARS , flu and colds
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- mechanism of action
- How to choose?
- Features reception at
- children The supplement antiviral therapy?
Acute upper respiratory tract infection, usually caused by viruses.They are accompanied by catarrhal symptoms (runny nose, cough, slight soreness in the throat), which are associated with inflammation of the mucous membrane.It is also characterized by a significant increase in body temperature and symptoms of intoxication (weakness, headache, discomfort in the muscles).Antivirals during SARS pathogen directly affect the pathological process, so they can be very effective.
mechanism of action
On the mechanism of action of drugs with influence on the viruses can be divided into several groups:
- Medications that block viral entry into the cell and prevents the release of its genetic material.Representatives thereof are rimantadine and amantadine.
- Drugs that inhibit the replication of DNA or RNA, thereby disrupting reproduction.It includes most of antiviral substances in this group.
- means acting on the assembly of new virus particles and output them outside of the host cell.Thus acting interferons.
All antiviral drugs have the following effects:
- reduce the risk of complications;
- reduce recovery time;
- have a preventive effect;
- exclude the development of severe intoxication.
How to choose?
Most people experience difficulties when they have to choose a really effective antiviral agent.A huge variety of different products due to the fact that every year the pharmaceutical industry gets a good income from the production of these drugs.When you select should pay no attention to trade names, it is much more important to study the composition and the active components.It is the latter will determine the effectiveness of the drug.
Among the most popular drugs recovered:
- Arbidol should not be given to children under 7 years.This drug has a broad spectrum antiviral effect (influenza, coronavirus et al.).Side effects are mainly related to allergies.
- Rimantadine is active against influenza A virus, its effectiveness at the same time is quite high.Among the side effects of the most painful transferred nausea, headache, dry mouth, confusion and nervousness.It is not prescribed to young children and pregnant women.
- Kagocel causes the body forming a mixture of late interferon, thereby enhancing the antiviral resistance.
- Amiksin is an interferon inducer, that is, if it enters the body stimulates the production of these proteins by cells of the intestine, liver, lymphocytes and granulocytes.
- Interferons are proteins that increase the body's resistance to the effects of viruses.Their action is not specific, however, this group can be used for various types of infection.Apply interferons is possible even in infants.Usually this is done using a candle or bury the solution in the nose.
- Tamiflu acts on the influenza viruses A and B, but is contraindicated in children under 12 years old.It can penetrate the nervous system and cause its disorders (insomnia, mental excitement, etc.).
When choosing a medication do not chase the price, because even cheap drugs can be very effective.Before taking advisable to consult with a specialist who knows the epidemiological situation in a particular area.
Features reception children
young patients with colds prescribe specific medication is not everywhere, as many of them can be taken only after a certain age.Additionally, the physician does not always have time to examine the child on the first day of the disease, and it is in this period, the use of antiviral drugs is most effective.
When choosing a particular drug should pay attention to the specificity of its effects is a viral particle.Damage to the microorganism thus should be minimal.
In a large number of clinical studies have shown high efficiency izoprinozin, which helps to cope with the cold or flu, even in debilitated children.In addition to the direct effects of the virus, and it has an immunomodulatory effect, that is, in fact, is a complex medicine and great for kids.Isoprinosine
acts directly on the genetic material of the causative agent inhibiting replication of RNA and DNA.As a result, the intensity of the reproduction of pathogenic particles decreases.At the same time increases the body's resistance to external shocks due to the stimulation of the immune system.
The complement antiviral therapy?
antiviral agent acting directly on the causative agent.However, viruses mutate so quickly that the drugs become ineffective.That is why in mild colds should not abuse the purpose of this class of drugs.Much better to take preventive measures, which are aimed at strengthening the person's own immune system.
This can be achieved in two ways:
- First, use special drugs that normalize the immune cells.In the case of hyperresponsiveness they inhibit some parts and at lower protective functions, conversely, stimulate.By immunomodulators are inexpensive drugs, which are usually readily available.
- Secondly, there is a specific vaccine against certain infections.For example, a viral respiratory disease influenza is the most dangerous, as is often complicated by a variety of lesions of the internal organs (otitis media, myocarditis, etc.).This type of vaccine is included in the immunization schedule of children older than two years and all adults who are at increased risk of infection.
If complement antiviral therapy with these drugs, the risk of developing colds become minimal.