Antibiotics for sore throat in children : how to choose and which one is better
Medicine / / May 21, 2016
- causes and mechanism of development of angina
- Principles of antibiotic tonsillitis in children
- Which antibiotic better classification
- Side effects of antibiotics
Tonsillitis - an infection of the tonsils caused by bacteria streptococciand staphylococci.For the treatment and prevention of complications of chronic course and applied therapy aimed at the destruction of the pathogen.Efficacy is determined by a properly selected antibiotics.
causes and mechanism of development of angina
Angina (acute tonsillitis) - an infectious inflammation of the lymphoid tissue of the tonsils.Its development leads ingress of harmful bacteria.Most often it is spherical bacteria Staphylococcus and Streptococcus spp.Infection occurs by ingestion of the pathogen in the amygdala with the inhaled air.After entering the bacteria cause inflammation of the tonsils with the development of various complications.Staphylococci and Streptococci have similarities in their structure, so antibiotics for sore
- peritonsillar abscess - formation of an abscess in the soft tissues of the pharynx, is treated surgically;
- inflammation of the meninges, the bacteria got there;
- toxic shock - a serious condition caused by poisoning of the organism by bacterial toxins;
- myocarditis - an inflammation of the heart muscle due to exposure to toxins;
- glomerulonephritis - a late complication associated with the development of improper immune response to streptococcal infection.Antibodies thus affect kidney tissue.
Proper treatment of sore throats with antibiotics destroys pathogens and prevents the formation of complications.
Principles of antibiotic tonsillitis in children
for successful treatment and prevention of angina complications, the use of antibiotics requires compliance with a number of principles:
- Selection of the drug, taking into account the causative agent of the disease.
- adequate dosage preparations - insufficient level of antibiotic at the site of infection can lead to incomplete destruction of the pathogen with the development of its sustainability and chronic tonsillitis.
- Duration of reception - to take antibiotics for sore throat should be at least 5 days, even if symptoms have disappeared on the 2nd day from the beginning.This will completely destroy the bacteria, without causing the development of chronic process.In severe infection rate is extended up to 7 days.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of treatment - a significant reduction in the intensity of the manifestations of angina, lowering the temperature and the phenomena of intoxication should be no more than 72 hours from the start of antibiotic therapy.If this did not happen - prescribe a different, more powerful drug.
- therapy is started with a lighter antibiotic in case of inefficiency - to change to a more powerful drug.
- If you have allergic reactions - to change antibiotic drug from another group.
Which antibiotic better classification
There are several major groups that are used for the treatment of sore throat in children:
- synthetic penicillins (amoxicillin) - is the drug of choice, which begins with the primary treatment of angina, which had not previously been treated.With respect to streptococci and staphylococci have a bactericidal effect (kill bacteria).The list of members of this group is quite wide.Flemoksin - is a soluble tablet for children is an antibiotic which is conveniently used in dissolved form.There are several dosages intended to be used for children of different age groups.
- Protected synthetic penicillins - antibiotics, with the addition of substances that protect the molecule from the action of the bacterial enzyme penicillinase, destroying it.It is used in the case of angina dead pathogens to amoxicillin.Amoxiclav - a typical representative of this group, the active ingredient - Amoxicillin protected by clavulanic acid.Cephalosporins
- - structurally similar to amoxicillin molecule but not subjected to the action of bacterial penicillinase.Most of these drugs are available in the form of parenterally (intramuscular or intravenous) administration for severe angina.
- Macrolides - are powerful antibiotics that are assigned to the ineffectiveness of the above-mentioned groups of drugs.Appointed alone or in combination with amoxiclav.For children, the best representative of this group is Sumamed, which is produced in the form of a suspension for the reception room.
Trade Names antibiotics do not reflect the active substance, prior to use, be sure you need to read the instructions to the drug.
Side effects of antibiotics
As with any drug, antibiotics, other than the required efficiency can have several negative effects, which should be taken into account:
- Allergic reactions - occur in children in the form of rash, urticaria, angioedema.In severe cases, up to anaphylactic shock.In case of such reactions and the antibiotic cancel prescribers another group.
- Toxic hepatitis or nephropathy - this side effect may be at high doses of antibiotics, which are processed in the liver and excreted by the kidneys.
angina Treatment without antibiotics is possible only when it is less severe, with no fever, and the general state of normal.In this case, use local antiseptics - candies (Septefril, Septolete) in combination with a gargling solution furatsilina.In the pharmaceutical market, local antiseptics are also presented in the form of an aerosol.Also, antibiotics are not shown in the etiology of viral or fungal tonsillitis, as they do not destroy the microorganisms.
use of antibiotics has allowed to achieve significant progress in the treatment of sore throats in children, to minimize the complications of the disease and its transition to the chronic form.Side effects are minimal in comparison with the use of these drugs from the reception.
26 Apr, 2016
26 Apr, 2016