Ortofen : indications for use , instructions , price
Medicine / / May 20, 2016
- main indications are
- Side effects
- Dosing drug
active substance "Ortofen" drug is diclofenac, which relates to non-steroidal anti-inflammatoryDrugs.It comes in the form of tablets, injectable solution, and ointments.
mechanism of action of the drug due to the fact that it inhibits the production of prostaglandins.These particular substances that cause feelings of pain, fever, blood flow change, etc.However, there are "positive" prostaglandins, which also affects Ortofen - is its negative side.
main indications are
Ortofen has the following therapeutic effects:
- drug improves microcirculation (prevents platelet aggregation).
Considering all these effects, the main indications for the purpose Ortophenum are:
- presence of pain syndrome, which is associated with lesions of the musculoskeletal system (arthritis, arthrosis, osteochondrosis, myositis);
- recurrent pain in women (algomenorrhea);
- inflammatory processes of various origins and various localization;
- soft tissue injuries, which are accompanied by pain;
- infectious processes, which are accompanied by an increase in body temperature (fever).
The drug is generally well tolerated, but some patients may experience side effects.They are primarily related to the fact that Ortofen not selectively inhibit cyclooxygenase activity, and therefore inhibits the production of prostaglandins and useful.The main side effects of this:
- stomach pain;
- nausea and vomiting;
- dizziness and headache;
- sleep disturbance;
- allergic reactions (skin rash, redness of her, etc.).
Enough rarely observed side effects such as hair loss, renal failure (occurs if there is a serious background problem of the urinary system), in the blood decrease in red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets.Therefore, on the background of long-term use Ortophenum recommended for general clinical blood test.
From selectivity inhibition of cyclooxygenase activity, Ortofen has quite an extensive list of contraindications.They should be sure to take into account before taking the drug.The main contraindications are:
- gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- chronic gastritis in the acute stage;
- aspirin intolerance;
- aspirin-induced asthma;
- serious diseases of the kidneys and the liver stage subcompensation and decompensation.
Ortofen preparation can be used either in the form of injection (intramuscular) or in the form of tablets.Is assigned one tablet (25 mg), 2-3 times a day.If administered intramuscularly, then 3 ml 2-3 times a day.Dosage is determined by the doctor.Ortofen ointment applied to the affected areas three times daily body.It is necessary to evenly distribute and rub.
price of the original drug "Ortofen" is acceptable.Ortofen Tablets (30 pcs.) Are in the pharmacy for 10-15 rubles, the ointment is worth 50 rubles.