Drops for eyes from conjunctivitis
Medicine / / May 19, 2016
- antibacterial eye drops
- Allergy eye drops
- Combination products
- Features of the application of eye drops with conjunctivitis
Drugs in the form of eye drops throughefficiency and ease of use is very often prescribed to patients for the treatment of conjunctivitis.Let us consider what drops under any applicable conjunctivitis, as well as which drugs are suitable for children.
Eye drops of conjunctivitis are antibacterial, antiviral, anti-allergic and combined.The composition of these drugs include enough active ingredients, uncontrolled use of which may have harmful to health.Therefore, before using the eye drops need to see a specialist - an ophthalmologist, who will find out the cause of the disease and select the most effective and safe treatment.
antibacterial eye drops
means of this group are used for bacterial conjunctivitis, and sometimes the viral infections as bacterial flora joins.As a rule, the active ingredients of such medicines are antibiotics and
- Albucidum - is an effective and affordable drug that is used in adults and children.The active components of these drops - sulfacetamide (sulfanilamide).For adults with drug solution 30% concentration of the substance, for children - 20%.An analogue of the drug is sodium Sulfatsil drops.
- Tsipromed - a drop of antibiotic fluoroquinolone ciprofloxacin.In children up to a year is a means not applicable.
- Tobrex - this medicine on the basis of the antibiotic tobramycin, which is suitable even for infants.
- Chloramphenicol (eye drops).They are composed of the same name a broad spectrum antibiotic - chloramphenicol.In children, the drug is used after only 2 years.
- Vitabakt - antiseptic for the eyes, which can drop the kids from birth.
drops are effective against the major viral pathogens conjunctivitis - adenovirus, herpes viruses, enteroviruses, picornavirus.Active components such drugs are human recombinant interferon (a substance that prevents proliferation of viruses) or interferon inducers, i.e. stimulators of its synthesis in the blood and lacrimal fluid.For antiviral eye drops include:
- Poludan (this preparation is particularly effective against herpes infection and adenovirus).
Allergy eye drops
These drops are used for allergic conjunctivitis origin, as well as infectious inflammation of the conjunctiva to reduce unpleasant pathological manifestations - itching, redness, etc.The main components of such agents are antihistamines.Here are some anti-allergic drugs solutions for the eyes:
- Lekrolin (analogue kromogeksal);
All these tools are not used in children only after 3-4 years.
When the doctor is difficult to establish the exact nature of conjunctivitis, there is a need to combine several types of eye drops.In order to achieve the best therapeutic effect, and for the convenience of the patient is prescribed combined means.They typically contain one or a combination of two antibiotics and hormones, have anti-inflammatory and antiallergic effect.These eye drops are Tobradeks, maksitrol, Sofradeks, Garazon etc.
Features of the application of eye drops with conjunctivitis
the treatment of inflammation of the conjunctiva with special drops you must adhere to the following rules:.
- strictly observe the instructions of the ophthalmologist and the instructions to the drug (dosage,duration of treatment, conditions and shelf life of the drug).
- For the treatment of children can only be used for children eyedrops.For example, 20% sulfacetamide, Tobrex, Vitabakt, Oftalmoferon etc.
- In the event of allergic reactions and other side effects of drugs is necessary to discontinue its use and consult your doctor.
Also, there are certain rules for the use of eye drops:
- before instillation of the eye and after it should wash their hands thoroughly.
- drip medication recommended in the inner corner of the eye, after pulling the lower eyelid down.
- Make sure that the tip of the pipette or the vial with the means is not in contact with the eyelid or eyelashes.
- If you want to dig more than 2 drops of medication, it is better to do it in a few visits, because the slit eye can not accommodate large amounts of fluid at one time, and all superfluous simply drained.
- Sop forever after the procedure can be a clean cloth, and a separate one for each eye.