Medicine / / May 19, 2016
- What is thrush?
- What causes thrush?
- Basic principles of treatment of candidiasis
- What is Diflucan?
- How to take Diflucan for thrush?
- main indications for Diflucan
- interaction with other drugs
Thrush is one of the most common fungal diseases that occur in humans.Although today there are many drugs to combat this disease, Diflucan is the most effective and easy-to-use tool.
What is thrush?
Thrush - a disease characterized by the appearance on the mucous membranes inflamed areas, topped with white bloom resembling grains of curd.It is caused by the yeast genus of Candida, which naturally inhabit the mucous membranes of the vagina, mouth, colon, but with a decrease in the body's defenses are beginning to multiply.Another name for yeast - Candida.
main symptoms of thrush:
- The presence of rash on the mucous membranes, coated white caseous touch (if you remove the plaque, it can sometimes detect erosion).
- Genitals - Pain and burning sensation when urinating, unpleasant odor, painful intercourse, cheesy discharge from the vagina or urethra.
- Mouth - Pain when eating occur only in severe cases of the disease.
What causes thrush?
As already mentioned, the main cause of candidiasis - reduction of local and general immunity.The main risk factors for the development of thrush are:
- neonatal period due to the imperfection of security forces;
- various hormonal disorders;
- receiving glucocorticoid hormones and drugs belonging to the group of immunosuppressants;
- diseases that lead to a dramatic reduction of local or general immunity - diabetes, thyroid disease, primary and secondary immunodeficiencies including AIDS;
- disease predominantly sexually transmitted (mycoplasmosis, trichomoniasis, and others.);
- long-term treatment with antibiotics.
Basic principles of treatment of candidiasis
Since the basis of the disease - decreased immunity, the successful treatment should be carried out taking into account three aspects:
- Reception antifungal drugs - Nystatin, Diflucan, neotrizola etc.
- Increased immunity - blood sugar level correction in diabetes, the appointment of immunomodulators, vitamins.
- Preventing the spread of yeast from the outside, such as abstaining from sexual intimacy, the treatment of both sexual partners.
What is Diflucan?
Diflucan - a fungicidal agent, the main active substance is fluconazole, acting on many strains of Candida and other fungi.
When administered fluconazole absorbed and reaches a maximum blood concentration within the first 2 hours.It is well into almost all body fluids, making it versatile in the treatment of local and systemic candidiasis.Additionally fluconazole accumulates in the skin, with stands and then penetrates the nail plate.
drug is well tolerated and can be recommended for children from the first days of life, derived mainly from urine.To date, namely fluconazole is the "gold standard" treatment of all kinds of drugs prescribed by thrush.
How to take Diflucan for thrush?
In most cases, for the treatment of thrush is enough to take only 1 capsules Diflucan and, if necessary, repeat the reception via mesyats.Sistemny candidiasis requires a long-term therapy, as Diflucan or its equivalent, must be taken daily 1 times a day for 2 weeks or 1 month.In the case of AIDS or other immune deficiency, as well as the presence of chronic infection requires a long-term maintenance therapy.Timing and dosage are determined by a physician and depends on the clinical picture of the disease and pathogen characteristics.
main indications for Diflucan
- cryptococcal meningitis cryptococcosis skin, lungs, etc.
- Generalized candidiasis, including the peritoneum, eyes, urinary tract, endocardium.
- Thrush mucous membranes - the esophagus, intestine, mouth and genitals.
- as prevention of thrush in the treatment of antibacterial agents.
- skin mycoses, pityriasis versicolor, sporotrichosis, coccidioidomycosis, histoplasmosis, and others.
interaction with other drugs
When receiving Diflucan or its analogs to be told, which means you take more, so as not to cause negative reactions on the part of the body or reduce the effectiveness of treatment received.During treatment contraindicated diflyukanom simultaneously with receiving means such as tsiprazid, terfenadine, astemizole, pimozide, quinidine and erythromycin, because in this case, a high probability of a serious failure of the heart.
31 May, 2016
31 May, 2016