The cure for diarrhea : what better
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- mechanism of development and causes
- symptoms of diarrhea, depending on its cause
- treatment of diarrhea, its types and means of diarrhea
Diarrhea - a violation of the intestine, accompanied by palpitationsliquid or mushy stools.Selection of medication and effective depends on the cause and mechanism of development of diarrhea.
mechanism of development and causes
Diarrhea (diarrhea) develops due to disorders of the intestine, which is determined by such pathogenic processes:
- Increased motility - intestinal wall constantly make movements to push the food supply in the lower digestive tract.Strengthening such movements accelerates the passage of food masses, so that water is not absorbed fully and diarrhea develops.
- disturbance of the suction process, mineral salts and nutrients intestinal mucosal cells, due to its inflammation.
- reverse fluid flow and mineral salts from the blood and tissues in the gut lumen by the action of bacterial toxins, or increasing the content of disaccharides (intermediate product breakdown of carbohydrates), causes the rapid development of dehydration (loss and Vod salts).
There are several main reasons for the development of disturbances of the intestine:
- infection - viruses, bacteria or their toxins cause inflammation and the development of acute intestinal infections and food poisoning, the most common cause of severe diarrhea.
- Dysbacteriosis -reduction level of the normal intestinal flora, with a predominance of opportunistic bacteria.
- Violation of the nervous regulation, leading to increased motility and development of diarrhea - often against the backdrop of prolonged stress.
- digestive enzyme deficiency which leads to accumulation in the gut disaccharides, and other intermediate products of the digestion process.
symptoms of diarrhea, depending on its cause
Depending on the characteristic manifestations of diarrhea and its associated symptoms may be suspected cause of:
- frequent watery stools, with increasing temperature, the phenomena of intoxication (headache, aching musclesand joint pain, weakness), nausea and vomiting suggest an infectious cause, namely the development of an intestinal infection;
- intermittent loose stools, alternating with a tendency to constipation, abdominal cramping of the stress suggest a violation of the nervous regulation;
- permanent mushy stools, periodic bloating (flatulence) after taking certain foods (sweets, milk) are developed as a result of enzyme deficiency;
- development of unstable stool after antibiotic therapy is a consequence of dysbiosis.
knowledge of the causes of diarrhea will help to orient in the selection of drugs and effective measures aimed at their elimination.
treatment of diarrhea, its types and means of diarrhea
treatment efficiency is determined by removing the cause, which is used etiotropic treatment:
- Intestinal antibacterial drugs - are necessary for intestinal infections, are the most effective and safe medications that are not absorbed into the bloodfrom the intestinal lumen - nifuroxazide, furazolidone, Ftalazol.When the food poisoning, used Enterol that inactivates trapped in the intestine bacterial toxins.
- Enzyme preparations to restore normal digestion - Creon Pancreatin, Mezim.
- Probiotics for treatment of dysbiosis, and normalize the normal microflora in the gut -Laktobakterin, Bifidumbacterin, Bifikol, Linex.They contain live bacteria as part of normal microflora and representatives of substances that stimulate their growth in the gut.
- Cementing drugs and sedatives - to help reduce the intensity of peristalsis under the influence of stress factors - Novopassit, Barboval.
To reduce the severity of current pathogenetic processes used pathogenetic therapy:
- tools that reduce intestinal motility - the main ones are pills from diarrhea Loperamide.Their method reduces the severity of diarrhea, with their careful use in intestinal infection, as there is a risk of increased absorption of toxins into the bloodstream from the intestines while reducing its motility.Their use is only possible in adults with non-infectious diarrhea.
- sorbents -patogeneticheskie for diarrhea, which bind and remove bacterial toxins, intermediates digestion of food.Today, powerful sorbent (binding) properties have Enterosgel, Sorbeks, Fosfalyugel.Activated carbon - outdated facility, so is not widely applied as it sorbent properties are low.
- rehydration preparations - used in patients with severe diarrhea to replenish water and mineral salts in the body.These tools are presented Regidron powder, sachet diluted in 1 liter of water, which is consumed during the day.
- antispasmodics - reduce intestinal spasm (contraction of smooth muscle, leading to the development of pain) for diarrhea of any origin.An effective means of this group is the No-spa tablets or injections.
Proper use of modern means of diarrhea has already effect the next day from the beginning of their use.In the absence of a therapeutic effect, it is best to seek medical help for additional inspection and correction treatment.