Aspirin blood thinners
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- Why do you need to thin the blood
- mechanism of action
- Indications for use of aspirin
- Like aspirin
In the case of cardiovascular disease, for which there is a high risk ofthrombus used aspirin.The drug reduces the risk of thrombus formation and is used to prevent myocardial infarction and cerebral stroke.
Why do you need to thin the blood
With age, the inner surface of the human arterial wall cholesterol is deposited in the form of atherosclerotic plaques.Such plaques act lumen and reduce its diameter, which decreases blood flow to the tissue or organ site.Usually this is accompanied by insufficient blood supply (ischemia) of the heart muscle or the brain area with the relevant functional disorders in these organs.
cholesterol, atherosclerotic plaque which is the basis, not in contact with blood, since it is covered with a layer of the vascular epithelium (endothelium).In case of violation of the integrity of the coating of plaque, there is direct contact with blood choles
When thromboembolism often occurs blockage of heart arteries with myocardial infarction (death of heart muscle area) or the arteries of the brain - a stroke (death portion of brain tissue).These conditions are a serious complication of cardiovascular disease.To prevent the development of aspirin is used, which reduces the risk of blood clotting and thrombus formation at rupture occurrence of an atherosclerotic plaque.
mechanism of action
The active substance of aspirin is acetylsalicylic acid.This compound belongs to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.It blocks the synthesis of prostaglandins that perform several biological functions in the body.One of them is the activation process of thrombosis due to platelet adhesion and accumulation.Aspirin reduces the synthesis of prostaglandins, thereby losing platelets aggregation property (congestion) and adhesion (bonding) in a broken plaque.Accordingly, the reduced risk of blood clots (thrombosis).
Indications for use of aspirin
aspirin blood thinners shown in the development of various forms of cardiovascular disease, accompanied by the risk of thrombotic events, these include:
- ischemia of the heart - circulatory disorders of the heart muscle (myocardium), associated with the formation in the arteriesheart (coronary arteries) atherosclerotic plaques.
- Cerebral atherosclerosis - a violation of cerebral blood flow with shelving cholesterol in the walls of blood vessels.
- Essential hypertension - constant increase of pressure in the arteries, in which a very high risk of breaking even a small plaque.
- inflammatory process in the arteries of any localization (endarteritis) - blood in contact with inflamed artery wall risk of developing a blood clot is high enough.
- thrombophlebitis - inflammation in the walls of the veins of any location with stagnation of blood and the formation of blood clots.
- Hemogram values (laboratory testing of blood clotting), indicating its propensity to thrombosis.
Basically, all these indications occur in older people (usually older than 45 years), who gradually developing cardiovascular disease.
To take aspirin correctly, you need to perform some simple recommendations:
- dosage Compliance with the drug - for thrombosis prophylaxis aspirin is available in a special dosage, which differs from aspirin received for pain relief or decrease the intensity of the inflammatory process.This dose is 100 mg on average.
- Receive Mode - you must drink an aspirin once a day at the same time.The best is taking the drug at night after dinner at 19.00.Do not take aspirin on an empty stomach, as it may trigger the development of a defect in the mucosa of the stomach (ulcer), which is associated with the blockade of prostaglandin synthesis, which is necessary to protect the cells of the stomach from the damaging effects of gastric juice.
- Duration of reception - usually a course of aspirin for thinning blood determines the physician on the basis of clinical examination data.In most cases the use of this drug is constant.
Aspirin prevents the development of serious cardiovascular complications, which may directly threaten human life.Therefore, it is necessary to take disciplined in accordance with the doctor's recommendations.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017