Treatment of gout medicines
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- Development Mechanism
- Causes Symptoms Treatment
Gout is a metabolic disturbances in the body at which the postponement of uric acid salts in the joint tissues.This leads to the development of intense pain attacks therein.The basis of drug treatment is to reduce the concentration of uric acid.
exchange of certain organic compounds (purine bases) in human cells involves the formation of the product of their decay - uric acid.In the case of increased formation of elimination or reduction, it accumulates in the body and is deposited in tissues as salts (urate).To a large extent such postponement subject to joint tissue.The postponement of urate in the field are developing an inflammatory process with the formation of specific space-occupying lesions - gouty tophi, which look like cones.The result is inflammation of acute attacks of intense pain in the porazhennyhtkaney.
By increasing the concentration of the exchange of purine bases and their
- increase intake of purines - the organic compounds in large quantities containedin red meat, certain kinds of fish, beer, coffee, chocolate.The abuse of these products can lead to the development of gout;
- genetic predisposition, which is broken when exchanges purine bases in the body with the accumulation of uric acid in it;
- pathological processes in the body, accompanied by the deaths of large numbers of cells, increasing the concentration of purines and uric acid - neoplastic processes, treatment of cancer chemotherapy;
- deterioration excretion of metabolic products of purine bases in the urine in patients with renal insufficiency.
Statistically gout develops in men more often than women, which is associated with sex differences in metabolism of purine bases.
main clinical manifestation is an attack of acute joint pain, which was leaving urate.Depending on the presence of disease manifestations are 4 current stage:
- Hyperuricemia - increase in blood concentrations of purine bases exchange products without any clinical manifestations.Detected in the biochemical analysis of blood.
- Arthritis - inflammation of the joints, in which urate are deposited.
- interictal period - characterized by visible changes in the affected joint, with an overall satisfactory human condition.
- chronic joint inflammation and changing its shape (deformation) and functions.
mainly affects one of the smaller joints of the hands or feet of a person.Most often affects the joints of the big toe.
main therapeutic approach, used in the treatment of gout, is the use of drugs of different pharmacological groups.There are therapeutic interventions in the attack during the acute pain and gout treatment drugs in the interictal period.
Medicines used to treat seizure
The main goal of treatment of gout attack is to reduce the intensity of pain and the reduction of the inflammatory reaction of the joint tissues, which are used drugs several pharmacological groups:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - to block the synthesis of key inflammatory mediators prostaglandins,which are responsible for the development of the inflammatory response.Consequently, the intensity is reduced the severity of inflammation and pain.Gout is the most effective Indomethacin, Diclofenac, Ketanov.
- Hormonal anti-inflammatory drugs - a group of medicines based on corticosteroids adrenal hormones.They have the same mechanism of action as steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, but have a more pronounced effect.With considerable intensity of pain during an attack using dexamethasone, prednisone or hydrocortisone for intravenous or intramuscular administration.
- Colchicine - plant alkaloid, which has a pronounced anti-inflammatory action.Often, this drug is used in the performance of therapeutic interventions and in the interictal period.
treatment in interictal period
During this period, medications for gout are used to reduce the concentration of purine metabolic products, these include:
- allopurinol - a drug that blocks the enzyme ksantioksidazy necessary for the formation of purine bases of metabolic products.This reduces its levels in the body and leaving urate in joints.
- Benzobromaron - a drug that increases the excretion of metabolic products of purine bases in the urine by blocking its reuptake.
also for treatment in interictal period using a combination of drugs based on allopurinol and benzobromarona (Allomaron), which allows to increase the effectiveness of therapeutic interventions.To improve the results of treatment with drugs, it is important to carry out dietary recommendations aimed limit consumption of foods high in purine bases.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017