Hydrogen peroxide in the ear, is possible or not
Medicine / / May 16, 2016
- What H2O2?
- mechanism antiseptic action
- it possible to drip hydrogen peroxide in the ear
- Dosing of H2O2.
peroxide (peroxide) hydrogen is a chemical compound, which is characterized by a strong oxidant properties.In the molecule of the substance contained two hydrogen atoms and two oxygen atoms, it has the formula - H2O2.Upon contact with the organic molecule compounds of the molecule is the destruction of hydrogen peroxide to form water molecules and pure oxygen.
mechanism antiseptic action
H2O2 - is the active chemical compound that belongs to a group of powerful oxidants.These properties of the molecule of hydrogen peroxide gives it antiseptic properties.Destruction of bacteria is due to the oxidation of cell structures.Contact this oxidant with organic matter is breaking bonds in the molecule H2O2, in which pure oxygen is released.It also contributes to the destruction of bacterial cells.Moreover such a local antiseptic has no damaging effect on cells and tissu
it possible to drip hydrogen peroxide in the ear
antiseptic properties of H2O2 and the absence of adverse effects on tissues and cells of the body, enable the use of this compound in various pathological processes of the outer and middle ear, which include:
- Sulfuric ear plug in the ear - a tight formation, localized in the ear canal.Manifested hearing loss on the appropriate side, the appearance of noise in the ear.The plug is formed in the case of increased production of sulfur or irregular and of poor hygiene ears.Instill etogoantisepticheskogo agent in the ear plug lets you soften it, which will facilitate subsequent leaching.This is due to the fact that H2O2 in contact with sulfur, oxygen forms a catching foam which softens the tube.
- infectious inflammation of the ear canal - most often it leads to parasitism bacterial or fungal infection.Manifested by pain in the ear on the side of inflammation, hearing impairment.With the development of the bacteria can be released from the ear of pus or mucus.Fungal process is characterized by the appearance of characteristic white raids and itching in the ear canal.H2O2 when used correctly, and destroys fungal and bacterial infection.Usually it is used in the treatment of inflammation.
- Otitis media - inflammation infectious process, caused by bacteria or viruses, which penetrate into the middle ear cavity from the nasal cavity through the Eustachian tubes.Often such a pathological process affects the eardrum, so the treatment of ear with hydrogen peroxide can further avoid damage to its infection.
good effect for treatment of inflammatory processes in the ear or ear plugs, hydrogen peroxide is used as the only externally instillation.It is very important to follow the dosage, frequency and duration of use of H2O2.
Dosing of H2O2.
For the treatment of ear, apply a 3% H2O2 solution.In the case of using a more concentrated solution, there is a risk of chemical burns eardrum that all structures of the external ear is most sensitive.Depending on the pathological process in the ear, it is necessary to zakapyvatN2O2 with different multiplicity and duration:
- When forming the ear plugs hydrogen peroxide buried 1-2 drops into the ear canal once a day, for several days.Then, a washing away of cerumen heated clear water with a special large syringe (Jeanne syringe).
- In the case of infection in the ear canal is carried out with a multiplicity instillation three times a day, the duration of treatment is determined by the disappearance of the clinical manifestations of the disease process.Usually it takes time for a few days (mean 5 days).
- For treatment of inflammation in the middle ear of hydrogen peroxide is used as an additional tool.Multiplicity instillation ear as three times a day.The duration of therapy is determined by clinical symptoms of the pathological process in the middle ear.
After instillation of the ear with a solution of H2O2 is desirable to close the entrance to the ear canal with a cotton ball for a short period of time up to an hour.Immediately after instillation, there is noise in the ear feeling crackles.This is due to the liberation of oxygen as a foam.These feelings last for a short time, 2-3 minutes are terminated.Hydrogen peroxide
unlike other antiseptics has good activity against different pathogens.Foaming due to the release of oxygen, can effectively soften the ear plugs.H2O2 can be used for instillation into the ear when subject to appropriate dosage, duration of use and multiplicity.
10 Jun, 2016