HPV analysis in gynecology
Analyses And Studies / / August 12, 2017
- diseases of the reproductive system, which can cause HPV
- As detected papilloma virus?
- What about treatment?
If you do the analysis for HPV to all inhabitants of the planet, you can be surprised to find that the analysis is positive for the majority of the population.But do not panic, because in most cases the human immune system to successfully suppress it.
Nevertheless, some of the many types of viruses can cause a number of diseases or even become a cause of cancer.
diseases of the reproductive system, which can cause HPV
- Genital warts - it growths on the mucous membrane.They can be represented by single growths, and can form the whole group.Arranged on the skin and mucous membranes of the genitals.Warts can cause inconvenience, personal injury, and promote the development of other diseases.
- Warts - one of the most innocuous manifestations of the virus.However, at a certain location, even the wart can cause a lot of trouble.
- Cervical Condyloma (flat) - This expression gives an indication of the fact that the virus has long been in a woman's body, and the pathological process also takes a long time.
- Cervical erosion - an inflammatory process, accompanied by a change of the epithelium and the violation of its integrity.With timely diagnosis of the disease can be easily cured, or at least to control and stop its progression.
- Metaplasia - change of cervical epithelium, which is reversible.
- Dysplasia - irreversible changes in the epithelium at the cellular level.If the patient is diagnosed this condition, it is only by removing the modified area can get rid of this disease.
- carcinoma in situ - a malignant neoplasm, which does not extend beyond the basement membrane of the mucosa.In fact, when it is detected, doctors have a great chance to completely cure the patient, and to save her life.It is the next step after the dysplasia of the pathological process in the cervical epithelium.
- Cancer - if no action is taken, the dysplasia eventually flows into cancer.In this case much more difficult to cure, and in advanced disease patients virtually no chance.
But we should not immediately panic, because not every woman is the bearer of those strains that have a higher risk of developing the above-described cascade of changes.
As detected papilloma virus?
- detects viruses by PCR - polymerase chain reaction.Thanks to her, in the material fails to identify the fragments of the genetic material of the virus and to determine not only the presence, but also the type.
It is understood that this method is the final step in the diagnosis of HPV, and before that the doctor must conduct other analyzes that show that a woman's body is not all right, and that the reason for this may be the papilloma virus.
- Colposcopy - examination of the cervix in the mirrors.The only way a doctor can detect changes in the mucosa and notice that they resemble the changes caused by it papilloma.
- cytology - a normal Pap performed with cervical mucus.The smear is always possible to find a sufficient number of epithelial cells for successful analysis.Under magnification the doctor notices changes in cells, its organelles that are specific for HPV.
- biopsy - invasive method is more than the previous one, because the fence is accompanied by a mucosal fragment and minor damage to the cervix.But thus it is possible to detect atypical epithelial cells, the change of which was provoked by the human papilloma virus.
woman who found the most dangerous type of virus every six months should be tested for the presence of malignant changes in the epithelium.Just because a malignant pathology is found in the germ and successfully defeated.
From the above it can be concluded that all women, even with minor changes of the cervix and external genitalia is required to perform the analysis for HPV.This will help to adjust the treatment time if necessary.
What about treatment?
now fully proved a successful method of treatment of HPV does not exist.But we should not despair, because many drugs are already helping to successfully fight the disease progresses.Moreover, if the body has a good immunity, the virus can often be suppressed or even be eliminated without additional treatment.