Blood sugar : normal , preparation for analysis and interpretation of indicators
Analyses And Studies / / August 12, 2017
- Role of Glucose
- Types analysis
- When you need to do a blood test for sugar?
- Preparation for passing analysis
- Transcription analysis
- Causes abnormalities
- Clarifying research
Pathology at which failures occur in carbohydrate metabolism (hypoglycemia, prediabetic state), often for a long time does not appear.It does not allow the time of their diagnosis, which leads to the development of severe, when the body begin to occur irreversible changes.
To prevent the running state of the disease, it is necessary to control blood sugar regularly handing over a special analysis.
Role of Glucose Glucose
does in the body important function - energy, and is the kind of cells to "fuel".To fully ensure bodies and glucose system, it is enough that its level in the blood was within 3,3-5,5mmol / l.And if this figure exceeds these figures, or falls below the norm, a person develops the disease of the endocrine system.
Blood sugar - the procedure is not complicated, and at the same
There are 2 main and 2 specifying the type of analysis of blood glucose:
- laboratory method;
- rapid method;
- test for glycated hemoglobin,
- test with sugar "load."
most reliable laboratory is considered to be a method that is carried out in the laboratories of medical institutions.Use rapid method can be using the unit meter by yourself, at home, without having any special skills.However, when the device malfunction, improper use or non-compliance with its conditions of storage of the test strips error of the result can be up to twenty percent.
When you need to do a blood test for sugar?
There are a number of pathological conditions, to determine the cause of which is necessary to donate blood for glucose:
- sudden weight loss;
- feeling of not passing the dryness in the mouth;
- constant feeling of thirst;
- increase urine output.
People with excess body weight, high blood pressure, have relatives with impaired carbohydrate metabolism, are at risk.They are encouraged to monitor the sugar constantly.
As an independent laboratory research, this analysis is assigned:
- for complex survey;
- to assess the condition of the patient already diagnosed with the disease of carbohydrate metabolism;
- to trace the dynamics during treatment;
- to confirm the diagnosis (pancreatitis, obesity, endocrine pathology).
analysis surrender order to get the most reliable results, prior to donate blood sugar, it is necessary to observe the following recommendations:
- 8 hours before the analysis is not nothing, and as a drink to use water only;
- 24 hours before the analysis is not to drink alcohol;
- morning before analysis surrender prohibited to chew gum, and clean teeth;
- if you are taking any medication, is on the eve of research to abandon their reception, or if this is not possible, be sure to put a doctor in popularity.
for analyzing blood taken from a finger, usually in the morning on an empty stomach and always.
normal parameters of blood analysis on sugar considered to be figures of 3.5 to 5.5 mmol / L.A condition in which the glucose level rises to 6.0 mmol / L is called the pre-diabetic.Often this is due to non-compliance with the recommendations in preparation for analysis.The result 6.1 mmol / L or above is the basis for the diagnosis of diabetes.
Diabetes is the primary but not the sole cause of high sugar.This figure may be higher than normal in the following conditions:
- emotional and physical stress;
- pituitary disease, adrenal gland, thyroid gland;
- meal prior to testing;
- effects of toxic substances (eg, carbon monoxide);
- taking certain medications (nicotinic acid, thyroxine, diuretics, corticosteroids, estrogens, indomethacin).
Reduced sugar observed at:
- alcohol poisoning;
- liver pathologies;
- fasting for a long time;
- digestive system disease (enteritis, pancreatitis, etc.);
- violation of metabolic processes;
- vascular diseases;
- tumor formations in the pancreas;
- poisoning by toxic substances (such as arsenic);
- diseases of the nervous system;
- overdose of insulin in patients with diabetes;
To exclude or confirm diabetes, conduct additional research.
test glucose tolerance
patient bled 4 times within 2 hours.The first time - in the morning, on an empty stomach.Then drinks glucose (75 g), followed by an hour, 1.5 hours and 2 hours analysis made repeatedly.At the same time there is a change in blood sugar levels: first, after the glucose consumption, it increases, then there is its reduction.The result is evaluated throughout the test.Sample results after 2 hours after ingestion of glucose:
- sugar is less than 7.8 mmol / l - the norm;
- sugar of 7.8 mmol / L to 11,1mmol / l - the state of pre-diabetes;
- more sugar 11.1 mmol / l - Diabetes.
This biochemical test shows the average blood sugar level over a certain period (up to 3 months).With the help of his determined the percentage of hemoglobin that "forever" is associated with molecules of glucose (Maillard reaction).If elevated levels of glucose (diabetes), this reaction is much faster, which leads to increased levels of glycated hemoglobin in the blood.
With this analysis evaluated the effectiveness of the treatment of diabetes, which was conducted the last 3 months the patient.The normal level of glycated hemoglobin - 4-9%.If the figures exceed the norm, a high probability of complications: retinopathy, nephropathy, etc.It displays more than 8% indicating the need to adjust therapy because of its inefficiency.For the analysis of blood taken from the finger at any time, regardless of whether, when a person ate last.