Ultrasound of the bladder : preparation , indications and methods of
Analyses And Studies / / August 12, 2017
- Indications for ultrasound bladder
- What does the ultrasound of the bladder?
- How do ultrasound of the bladder?
- Preparation for ultrasound bladder
With the help of ultrasound on modern devices have the ability to visualize the size, shape, body position, power and intensity of the blood flow in it.To exclude artifacts and obtain reliable data needed for proper preparation of ultrasound, which depends on which organ is planned to survey.
Indications for ultrasound bladder
Ultrasound examination of the bladder is carried out at a number of suspected disease and the presence of corresponding symptoms such as:
- frequent painful urination and pain in the abdomen.There may be a manifestation of inflammation of the bladder (cystitis), kidney stone disease in a yield of stone, tumor diseases.
- blood in the urine (hematuria).When urinating urine becomes red color, it can be accompanied by a burning sensation in the bladder and urethra (the urethra).These symptoms are accompanied by urolithiasis, tumor process or trauma of the genitourinary system.In this case, in addition to ultrasound of the kidneys and the bladder is mandatory urinalysis.
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder.It happens when an adenoma (benign tumor) of the prostate in men, foreign bodies or tumors of the bladder or other pelvic organs.
- Any deviations in the clinical analysis of urine, such as the appearance of protein and bacteria in the urine, increase in the content of leukocytes and cylinders (proteinaceous casts of renal tubules).
survey can be carried out without evidence, just on the patient's wishes.Diseases that can be detected by ultrasound of the bladder:
- acute and chronic cystitis;
- diverticulum - a condition where the protrusion is formed in the wall of the bladder, over time it can become inflamed;
- bladder stones in urolithiasis;
- anomaly structure of the bladder - to change the shape and location of the body, is a congenital condition resulting from a violation of its development;
- foreign body;
- tumor - tumors which may be benign (polyps) or malignant (cancer).
What does the ultrasound of the bladder?
With the help of ultrasound the doctor can see such deviations:
- thickening of the walls of the bladder (hypertrophy) - occurs in cystitis and violation of the flow of urine;
- diverticula and the presence of inflammation in them;
- stones and foreign bodies;
- voluminous formations that protrude into the lumen of the bladder (the tumor);
- change in the shape and location of the body in its anomalies;
- increase in the volume of residual urine.
How do ultrasound of the bladder?
ultrasound is conducted on a full bladder, since it makes it easier to ultrasound imaging.The completeness of the survey determined such characteristics as:
- size and shape of the bladder;
- localization (location);
- condition of the bladder wall (normal 0.3-0.5 cm);
- presence of stones or other foreign bodies;
- visualization of the tumor.
The results are analyzed and documented by.The physician ultrasound diagnosis concludes.Diagnosis is the attending physician based on all survey results and clinical picture, so the conclusion ultrasound and the final diagnosis can not be the same.
There are three ways that the procedure:
- non-invasive method - tip is applied to the front wall of the abdomen to the lower of its departments;
- ransrektalny method - a special nozzle inserted into the rectum, allowing a well to examine the bladder neck and lower parts;
- transvezikalny method - nozzle inserted into the cavity of the bladder is used for direct examination and tumors.
If the patient has impaired the flow of urine, the US carried out with determination of residual urine.The essence of this method consists in that the ultrasonic inspection is performed twice - before and after emptying the bladder.all indicators examined At the first ultrasound.After urination by ultrasound determined the amount of urine remaining, the normal volume of which is not more than 50 ml.
Preparation for ultrasound bladder
From the patient does not require any special preparation for the examination.The only thing you need to do is to drink one hour before the test 1-1.5 liters of liquid (water, tea, juice).Then have patience and do not urinate until after the ultrasound.If there is an unbearable urge to urinate, the bladder may be partially emptied, but not completely.
Without any restrictions ultrasound of the bladder can be carried out in children and pregnant women, because ultrasound does not damage the tissues of the body and does not cause long-term effects.This method of investigation is harmless, painless and has no contraindications.