endometriosis treatment without hormones
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- role of immunomodulators
Conservative called such tactics, when without the help of operations, that is, injury to the body, there comescondition improved.These include the administration of drugs orally: tablets, capsules, sprays, syrups;intravenous or intramuscular injection;external use: ointments, compresses.In addition to hormonal therapy in the treatment of endometriosis can be applied:
- for pain relief is recommended to take antispasmodics (papaverine, no-spa, Spazmalgon).
- The effectiveness of NSAIDs rather high: they reduce inflammation, resulting in reduced lesion, have analgesic effect.
- iron preparations.Lots of endometriosis - this epithelium that is normally in the uterus and is an internal layer.It is changing every month, leading to menstruation.Ectopic sites also respond to hormonal changes, they bleed.The body loses erythrocytes, iron, leading to anemia.To avoid such complications, you need to take iron supplements.
- Physiotherapy.Please note that the use of thermal procedures is unacceptable, because it can cause bleeding.
surgical techniques that are aimed at the removal of endometriosis are applied in the last turn.
role of immunomodulators
disease is directly related to the disturbances in the immune system.The endometrium must be placed in the uterus.In the event that tissue foci in atypical location (on the pipes, the external genital organs, on the peritoneum), lymphocytes - natural killer cells - should destroy them.It is the immune system cells responsible for ensuring that all tissues were in the right place, they eliminate the problem of failure at the genetic program.
In endometriosis there is a weakening of the immune system, and insufficient activity of lymphocytes, macrophages, natural killer cells.Because endometrial cells multiply unchecked on the other organs.High efficiency are interferon drugs (Viferon, Ronkoferon).By activating the immune system, they reduce the area of destruction, reduce inflammation.
- positive effect magneto - it reduces inflammation, pain, side effects appear in a minimum number of cases.The magnetic field restores membrane structure accelerates metabolism, improves blood flow.
- electrophoresis using iodine has a calming effect, reduces pain, promotes restoration of damaged cells.This procedure does not contribute to the amount of estrogen.
- use of radon baths will help to restore the ratio of sex hormones, relieve pain, improve microcirculation.
- When hydrotherapy is necessary to consider that the bath should be neutral temperature (optimum 34 - 37 ° C).Too hot or cold water can cause bleeding or enhance pain.
operation is performed, if there is direct testimony.Please use conservative treatment, then the doctor, taking into account the effect of the drugs, the location of the lesion and its prevalence, decides how to treat further.Indications:
- If prolonged course of correctly selected medicines no improvement and there is progression of the disease, it raises the question of surgical intervention.
- Availability intolerance of medicines, when a woman is categorically insists on treating endometriosis without hormones.
- The examination revealed many areas of lesions larger than 2.5 cm.
- Endometriosis is located on the adjacent organs (bladder, intestine, mesentery) and disrupts their work.
Surgical treatment involves removal of the affected areas.Personal experience of the surgeon and his skills will help you choose the best method of treatment.For young girls who have not yet given birth, or just planning a pregnancy, surgery should be minimized to maintain reproductive function.
With laparoscopy, the surgeon gains access to the sites of endometriosis.If the area is large, it cuts out the affected tissue.Effective methods are used laser cauterization, electrocoagulation and thermocoagulation.They do not injure the surrounding tissues, a small risk of bleeding, a well coagulated, adhesions are formed.
For women over 45, who have children, or multiple lesions with involvement of neighboring structures, the doctor uses to remove the body of the whole or part of it.In this case, the risk of recurrence is minimized.
Treatment options - responsible process.Only a specialist can assess the risks to health and the possible efficiency.Besides hormonal drugs, there is an additional means of treatment, but they do not always give the best result.An integrated approach to the problem of endometriosis - the key to recovery.