Blood count : decoding , normal values
Analyses And Studies / / August 12, 2017
- What does a detailed analysis of a blood?
- Deciphering blood test at
- As children take this analysis?
Blog or CBC - is, in fact, known to all and repeatedly deposited most people complete blood count, only extended.In large hospitals and private diagnostic centers in this study is carried out on special hematology analyzers rather than using a microscope, as in ordinary clinics.
obtained in the course of the clinical analysis of blood is very valuable information for the doctor, as it enables:
- suspect various hematologic diseases, including malignant;
- determine the nature of an infection (viral or bacterial);
- assess the severity of the inflammatory process and the adequacy of immunity.
What does a detailed analysis of a blood?
The main purpose of this study - to identify and assess the quantitative and qualitative characteristics of all blood cells (red cells, platelets, leukocytes).Red blood cells - a red blood corpuscles, which, because they contain hemoglobin, provide oxygen transport to the tissues and removing carbon dioxide from them.The number of red blood cells is measured in cells per liter, more precisely in 1012 cells per liter (a lot of them, so inconvenient to write 12 zeros).In normal men, the figure is 4-5, women - 3,9-4,7.The indicator is measured by hemoglobin in g / l for men is considered to be a normal value of 130-160, and for women - 120-140.
In addition to these two parameters, be sure to determine the average content of hemoglobin in a red blood cell, which is measured in picograms - pg (norm - 30-35), and a color indicator, its norm - 0.85-1.05.Moreover, in the extended study of blood are counted, and the so-called erythrocyte indices - corpuscular volume, mean hemoglobin concentration therein.Another option - a reticulocyte (immature erythrocytes), there should be about 5-12% of all red blood cells.All of these indicators are needed the doctor to differentiate different types of anemia.
Platelets - blood cells involved in blood clotting.They also measured the number of cells per liter, or rather 109 cells per liter (normal - 180-320).Also calculated the mean platelet volume, Thrombocrit etc.Determination of these parameters is particularly necessary when bleeding of various origins, bleeding disorders, and to assess the patient's coagulation profile.
White blood cells - is part of the immune system.According to the number of these cells can be judged from the presence in the body of infectious-inflammatory process.Average value - 4-9 × 109 cells / liter.Leukocytes
, unlike the red blood cells and platelets, are represented by different cells which are not only morphologically but also functionally.Determining the number of each type of cells as a percentage of all leukocytes - a so-called counting leukocyte, it makes it possible to differentiate viral and bacterial infections, which often affect the selection of the proper treatment of infectious diseases.
to leukocytes include:
- Neutrophils.They come in different maturity - myelocytes (the youngest), young, stab (immature) and segmented cells (most mature).The latter should normally be the most - 42-72%, stab allowed up to 6%, the rest should not exist.The more active bacterial infectious-inflammatory process, the more young cells out of the bone marrow into the blood, in particular neutrophils increases the percentage of band, this change is called leukocyte formula shift to the left.The appearance of myelocytes indicates very serious condition, typical of oncological diseases of the blood.
- Eosinophils.Normally, there should be up to 5%, growth of these cells is observed in allergic diseases, helminthiasis.
- lymphocytes.These cells are responsible for the antiviral immunity, thus increasing the number of viral infections.Average value - 19-37%.
- Monocytes norm - 3-11%.The main function - phagocytosis.Increasing the amount of characteristic of the common childhood diseases - infectious mononucleosis.
- Basophils - they are less likely (up to 1% or even less).Appear in allergic conditions and leukemia.
- plasma cells.They are involved in the formation of antibodies.In a healthy person, these formed elements are not defined, their appearance is characteristic of viral infections.
Hematocrit - another important indicator that shows the ratio of the volume of blood plasma and its formed elements, that is, in fact, the density of the blood.Increased hematocrit with dehydration.Average value - 35-50%.
erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR), defined in mm / h, the rate for the stronger sex - 2-10, weak - 2-15.Increases the figure in the development of inflammatory processes.It is worth noting that the above normal values of all indicators are for adults, in addition, the figures may differ from the reference values of specific laboratories.
decoding of blood tests in children
Breakdown of children deployed a blood test is conducted according to the same parameters as in adults.However, the rate for each indicator in children is different from adult norms.Also it is necessary to consider that in the assessment of the child's blood test results must be based on specific age-related reference values.
How to take this analysis?
blood for this study take two ways: from the finger and from a vein.It is recommended to hand over the analysis in the morning and on an empty stomach is better, because it affects the final result.If the course of the disease there is a need to investigate the blood several times, it is necessary to do this, observing the same conditions, for example, both times taking capillary blood and in the same time.
12 Aug, 2017
12 Aug, 2017