intestinal tumor : Symptoms and Treatment
Disease / / August 12, 2017
- causes and mechanism of development
- Types of intestinal tumors
- Local manifestations
- manifestations of functional disorders
- Common symptoms
causes and mechanismsdevelopment
mechanism of tumor (Cancer) of the process is the formation of cells with altered genome.They acquire a number of properties, namely:
- ability to uncontrolled division;
- ability to release toxic products of metabolism;
- ability to germinate in healthy tissue with their damage, as well as metastasis (the formation of the secondary tumor foci in distant organs of the tumor cells detached from the primary tumors).
There are several risk factors for developing this disea
- long for ulcerative colitis or Crohn's disease - a pathology of the colon, which is characterized by the formation of small defects of the mucous membrane in the form of ulcers, and a specific autoimmune inflammation.
- intestinal polyposis - the development of benign tumors of the mucosa, which is often triggered by the human papilloma virus.
- Alcohol abuse, smoking, regular intake of fatty, fried, spicy food and spices - these factors result in damage to the genome of the mucosal cells and their subsequent rebirth.
- Immunosuppression activity - the body's cells are constantly formed as a result of a variety of alien genome failures;but enough functional activity of the immune system, they are destroyed by cytotoxic lymphocytes.
- Exposure to ionizing radiation (radiation), which damages DNA molecule with a change in cell genome.
Impact etiologic (causative) factors is cumulative, so the development of colon cancer usually occurs in older people.
Types of intestinal tumors
There are several types of intestinal tumors, which are divided according to several criteria.By localizing tumors secrete ascending, transverse and descending colon, sigmoid colon and rectum.Also identify several histological types of tumors, depending on the tissue that gave rise to cancer process:
- adenocarcinoma (cancer) - malignancy that develops from the glandular cells.
- Uterine fibroids or - originates from smooth muscle cells and connective tissue, a benign course and is characterized by slow growth.
- sarcoma - a malignant tumor that develops from connective tissue.
Also, depending on the nature of the flow process secrete benign Cancer (having a long duration of the process, slow growing and do not give metastases) and malignant (characterized by aggressive growth with destruction of surrounding healthy tissues, release toxins and metastatic) tumors.From that, what kind of intestinal tumor was formed, it depends on the symptomatology of the disease and the effectiveness of further treatment.
There are several groups of symptoms of cancer process in the intestines:
- local manifestations;
- secondary signs of functional activity of the digestive tract;
- common symptoms.
appearance of symptoms of several groups that suggest a possible tumor and is the basis for further physical examination.
directly seen or palpated (probe) colon tumor is not possible.Therefore, there is some indirect evidence pointing to its development:
- appearance of blood in the stool - is the result of the destruction of vascular lesions, often indicates the malignant nature of the tumor, as it grows the intensity of discharge may increase - from the blood veins in the feces to profuse intestinalbleeding;
- mucus in feces - characterizes the inflammatory reaction of surrounding healthy tissue neoplasm;
- pain in the neoplastic process - has a different nature and intensity, depending on the type and size of tumors.
These symptoms may occur in other pathological processes in the intestine, the doctor must take into account at the time of diagnosis.
manifestations of functional disorders
Availability bulk in the intestine leads to disruption of its functional activity, which manifests the development of unstable stools, bloating (flatulence), intestinal obstruction.
General signs characterize the later stages of cancer development, they develop as a result of intoxication.This increases body temperature (typically + 37,5º C) developed significant weight loss in a short period of time until exhaustion (cachexia), and weakness.
Following the diagnosis, including histological, laboratory and instrumental methods of examination, carried out comprehensive treatment, which also includes several areas:
- surgical removal of the tumor;
- exposure - impact on the tumor by X-rays or ionizing radiation for its destruction;
- chemotherapy - involves the use of cytotoxic drugs that inhibit the growth and proliferation of tumor cells.
therapy Selecting determined by the type of tumor and the current stage of the cancer process.In the early stages carried out the surgical removal of tumors.In the later stages of combined radiation and chemotherapy.Efficacy of therapy and after bowel tumor prognosis for life determined by the onset of treatment in the early stages of disease with no or minimum number of metastases.
12 Aug, 2017