Omez instruction manual
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- routes of administration and dosage
- Side effects
Omez - is one of the anti-ulcer agents, at the heart of the action which is the suppression of secretion in the stomach hydrochloric acid,that protects the inflamed mucosa from its impact.The active component of the drug is omeprazole.It blocks one of the enzymes specific implementing migration of hydrogen protons.
As a result of gastric parietal cells to secrete acid is much less and the level of basal secretion decreases.This effect is already apparent one hour after application Omez drug (it is well absorbed in the gut) and maintained throughout the day.After drug treatment is stopped secretion restored again after about 5 days.
To aggressive drug is not destroyed with hydrochloric acid, it is placed in special granules, soluble only in the intestinal contents.Almost all suck in the gut is associated with the drug carrier proteins.Omeprazole is metabolized in the liver and is excreted almost all derived from urin
- Stomach ulcers, duodenal ulcers, caused by exposure to hydrochloric acid in large quantities.
- Esophagitis and esophageal ulcers caused by damaging the mucous gastric contents.
- Preventing GERD recurrence.
- Infection with Helicobacter pylori - omeprazole is part of a complex therapy.
routes of administration and dosage
- Intravenous drug produced at the impossibility of oral or severe form of the disease.Typically, the patient receives the entire dosage in one stage, but at doses exceeding 60 mg / day of the substance can be introduced in two stages.Peptic ulcer treated with a dose of 40 mg / day, Zollinger syndrome - 60 mg / day, with a bleeding ulcer complication - 80 mg / day.Soluble powder or in a solution of sodium chloride (0.9%) or glucose solution.After cooking, it is fit for the day.
- When receiving the drug inside you can not chew, crush, rub the capsule.It makes vulnerable the active ingredient and provides the possibility of destruction of hydrochloric acid of the stomach.Doses for such reception are not different from those by parenteral infusion.
- dizziness, headache, drowsiness, sensitivity, impaired attention, etc.
- Abdominal pain, upset stool, dry mouth, taste perversion.
- Muscle pain, arthralgia, fever and swelling.
should refrain from taking the drug in the presence of allergy to its components, during pregnancy and breastfeeding.It is important to remember that the drug slows down the work of cytochromes in the liver and impairs the excretion of a number of products that require processing by the liver.
Omez Store out of the reach of small children, dry place.Take your medicine needs only on the testimony of a doctor and never self-medicate.