Ointment for depriving children
Medicine / / May 15, 2016
- List hormonal ointments, which are categorically counter of treatment, especially in children
The purpose of this article is to prove the need for the initial consultation with a general practitioner doctor, dermatologist, dermatologist, trichologist or a mycologist atthe first signs of skin lesions in children.As soon as a serious tool can be administered after careful examination and analysis of the lichen.
The thing that frightened parents in a hurry can be used at all those creams and ointments that are to be assigned.Briefly recall what action can have a healing ointment - in other words, any variety of therapeutic action they carry.In medicine, regardless of the type of the disease, all treatments from surgery to spa baths can be grouped as follows:
- Etiotropic treatment - aimed at the cause of the disease.Thus, antifungal ointments kill pathogens of fungal infections of the skin, causing shingles - trichophytosis, rubrofitii and many others.
- Pathogenetic treatment - directed at one or more units of the disease, or pathogenesis.For example, a skin condition, as dryness and flaking may be caused by a variety of diseases - to a contact from psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.Helps intensively moisturizing and vitamin creams, as well as special cosmetics lines, cosmeceuticals.
- Symptomatic treatment.In this case, treatment is aimed at improving health, reducing the patient's complaints.Ideally, all three types of treatment should be applied at the same time, but only on condition that the doctor fully understand not only the cause, but also the development of the disease, as well as its expected appearance.The classic and totally ignorant of symptomatic treatment, which only harm the patient is receiving analgesics for acute pain in the abdomen.Everyone knows that the "imaginary prosperity" could end in disaster as peritonitis.With skin diseases shining example of symptomatic therapy is the appointment of agents of pruritus - for example, tablet formulations Aerius, Tsetrin, skin ointment Fenistil - gel (by the way, that by depriving ointment can be used for children from the first year of life).
should warn parents against unjustified use of "heavy artillery."Under such therapy primarily refers hormonal creams and ointments.Their damage is, first of all, is that they "smear", "blur" a clear picture of the disease, and after a few days of application is not entirely clear what kind of disease in question.Mycelia of fungi can not be detected during the scraping microscopy, inflammatory component and redness may be a result of applying the smoothed hormones.These changes substantially complicate the diagnosis and cure any skin disease.
In addition, hormones have two important negative characteristics:
- after the systematic use of hormonal ointments, especially over a large area, the absorption of the active ingredients occurs in the blood (resorptive, systemic action), and it cancause an aggravation of gastric ulcer;
- after long-term use of hormonal ointments and creams any other means is not often work.
List hormonal ointments, which are categorically counter of treatment, especially in children
- Celestoderm (betamethasone);
- Advantan (methylprednisolone acetate);
- Lokoid (hydrocortisone);
- Tsinakort (triamcinolone);
- Elokim (mometasone);
What ointment can be used in children up to the consultation of doctors - specialists and establishing a definitive diagnosis?
Firstly, we are talking about a few days to see a doctor, not more.Therefore, you can use ointments that do not contain hormones and antifungal (terbinafine, ketoconazole, naftifine) preparations in order to properly establish the diagnosis.Allowed antihistamine gel ointment against itching, such as fenistil - gel.Perhaps use nourishing and moisturizing creams and ointments that do not contain antibiotics, as well as cosmetic creams, such as panthenol, Actovegin, Solcoseryl.It can be used sulfuric acid, salicylic ointment to dry for softening rough skin - Zinc.
Perhaps only permitted with herpes zoster immediately use antiviral ointment (Acyclovir Zovirax) because of their relative safety, but also because the blisters along the nerve trunks in conjunction with burning pain allow to put an accurate diagnosis immediately.
04 May, 2016