The ointment of the fungus on the skin : what better
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- Rules of antifungal ointments
- Popular ointment of the fungus on
skin How to choose anti-fungal ointment - the first question asked by people to find at the fungus on the feet or hands.The modern pharmaceutical industry offers a huge number of fungicides, different in their effect and cost.To find the most effective means and it does not cause harm to your body and do not overpay, should know the necessary information about every popular drug and its side effects and its correct application.
Rules of antifungal ointments
cure fungus exclusively topical fungicides only in mild form of fungal infection and early treatment of the onset of flaking and itching.The ointment of the fungus on the skin chosen in view of the spectrum of antifungal activity, the presence of contraindications, duration of fungus.Treatment antifungal ointments requires compliance with the following rules:
- in most cases require simultaneous reception of systemic antifungals;
- necessary to observe the regularity of application of ointment to the skin (according to instructions) and the duration of the treatment course (determined by your doctor);
- occasional application of reduction agent performance entails and its absolute inefficiency in the future;
- fungicidal agents have side effects, which is taken into account when choosing a drug;
- combined ointments containing corticosteroids (Triderm, Mikozolon) shall apply only in the absence of results from the use of simple and antifungals in severe inflammatory reaction;
- skin is processed only after a thorough washing and drying with a towel;
- obligatory daily change of linen in contact with the pathological focus (socks, T-shirts, etc...);
- with fungus need to stop processing the inner surface of the shoe (sponging with ammonia and further airing).
Popular ointment of the fungus on
- clotrimazole skin (Candide, Canison).Affordable means.Its low toxicity allows the use during pregnancy and children.Applied to the center 2-3 times a day, itching and burning are fast enough.The only drawback - a long course of treatment (4-5 months)..The treatment should continue for clotrimazole 1 month.after complete removal of the symptoms.It can also cause allergic sensitization, long-term use can lead to negative effects on the liver.
Important!Frequent use of clotrimazole for the treatment of yeast infections in women explains the decline in its effectiveness in the treatment of yeast fungi on the feet.
- Exoderil.The active substance naftifine hydrochloride penetrates the skin deeply.Accumulating there, creates an increased concentration, rapidly increasing the therapeutic effect.Almost not absorbed into the bloodstream, overdose is unlikely.Duration of treatment - 2-8 weeks.with skin lesions and up to 6 months.fungus in the nail (used as a solution).It may cause local redness and allergic reactions.One of the most expensive drugs against fungal infections.
- Nizoral (Mikozan, ketoconazole).Highly ointment has extensive antimycotic action.Lightning eliminates the itching and is suitable for the treatment of fungal nail disease.To achieve full recovery, you should not discontinue the use of the ointment after the disappearance of symptoms.Minimum course - 2-4 weeks.Ketoconazole can be considered the best preparation, if not its toxicity: Ointment should not be used in children and pregnant women.The most financially accessible product called ketoconazole.
- Mikospor (Kanespor, bifonazole).Enough effective means to impact on the majority of species of fungi, but very aggressive effect on the human body.Apply only on a doctor's appointment and periodic control!
- Zalain.Contains 2% sertaconazole.The imidazole derivatives (econazole, sertaconazole) affect the growth and reproduction of fungi and yeast pathogens microsporia / trihofitii.The ointment is applied twice daily 2-4 weeks.Often, there is an individual intolerance.Studies of developmental toxicity have not been conducted, therefore not recommended for use in pregnant women and children.
- Lamisil (Binafin, Terbizil, Mikonorm, Ekzifin).Cream / ointment / emulsion Lamisil - promoted brand advertising, which is the active part of terbinafine.Terbinafine ointment same name and its domestic counterparts have the same (1%) concentration of the active agent, but are much cheaper.On the spectrum of activity and the effectiveness of the ointment can be considered the best in the pharmaceutical market.Perhaps only a single application per day, complete healing occurs within 2 wk, 1 mo.Approved for use in children older than 2 years.
- Mikozolon.High efficiency due to a combination of an antifungal agent and corticosteroid hormones.It is advisable to use combined with fungal and bacterial infections of the skin, and the ineffectiveness of fungicidal drugs in long term therapy.Similarly, the action has Triderm ointment.
- Important!Even topical application of medicinal products in the composition of which contains corticosteroids, is contraindicated for pregnant / lactating women and children are assigned only in extreme cases, the treatment of severe fungal infections.
- antiseptic ointment (paste Teymurova, salicylic, zinc).Key benefits: affordability and the ability to treat fungus in children, during pregnancy (except pasta Teymurova).There are more than symptomatic (eliminates itching, reduces sweating) and are effective only in mild forms of fungal infections (pityriasis versicolor).
Independent use of antifungal ointments permissible only with a limited defeat and only in the initial stage.Chronic, rapidly spreading fungal infections require skilled care dermatologist who will prescribe a comprehensive treatment and achieve the complete destruction of pathogenic fungi.
12 Aug, 2017