Ointment streptoderma : review of effective remedies
Medicine / / May 13, 2016
- Local treatment
- Antibacterial ointment
One of the most common skin lesions is streptoderma.The disease develops as a result of infection with hemolytic streptococcus group A, and is characterized by the appearance on the open areas of the body (mainly on the face, arms, legs) bubbles with muddy contents yellow.Streptoderma progresses rapidly, so it is important to timely diagnose and prescribe treatment.This article describes the features of the treatment of this disease.
Today there is a wide variety of antiseptics and ointments that help to deal effectively with streptococcal skin infection.When streptococcal for lubricating elements rash recommend the use of a 1% solution of hydrogen peroxide, 2% Zelenka, salicylic alcohol, fukortsin.
Apply antiseptics should be using a cotton swab 4 times per day.When lubricating the skin of the affected patient may feel a burning sensation.After drying antiseptic ointment should be applied, which includes an antibiotic or
It is worth noting that the local pharmacological therapy does not always produce positive results if you do not follow certain rules of hygiene.So, it is not necessary to moisten with water infected areas of the body, it is better to wipe them with a cotton swab dipped in water or chamomile broth.In addition, patients should avoid scratching the skin (streptoderma accompanied by intense itching).It is also recommended to use individual towels and bed linen.
Since streptoderma caused by streptococcal infection, it is recommended topically applied drugs with an antibiotic.It should be called the following ointment:
- eritromitsinovaya - contains erythromycin, which refers to the bacteriostatic compounds from the group of macrolides.As a rule, said ointment is well tolerated, but in some cases there is redness, burning, itching, or peeling of the skin at the site of application.When long-term therapy possible superinfection.You should also know that eritromitsinovaya ointment is incompatible with lincomycin and clindamycin.It is also capable of reducing the effectiveness of penicillin and cephalosporins;
- tetracycline - containing tetracycline, which is a broad-spectrum antibiotic.This ointment is rarely used today because it can provoke various allergic reactions and increase sensitivity of the skin to sunlight.With prolonged use can candidiasis, increase in the level of bilirubin and more active disintegration of red blood cells;
- baneotsin - combined antibacterial ointment Austrian production, which contains neomycin and bacitracin.She is effectively used for boils and carbuncles, folliculitis and secondary skin infections, at various dermatoses, burns and cuts.Occasionally during application of the drug is observed dry skin, itching or rash;
- Altargo - preparation containing ratapamulin, is effective with respect to staphylococcal and streptococcal skin infections, rarely gives side effects.This ointment streptoderma has low systemic absorption, so it can be used in children (after the age of 9 months);
- Levomekol - combined preparation, containing in the structure of chloramphenicol (an antibiotic) and Methyluracilum (immunostimulatory component).It is effective against streptococci and staphylococci, most bacteria, spirochetes and Chlamydia.With prolonged use and application on vast tracts of its resorptive effect can be observed;
- gentamicin ointment - it is prescribed mainly for severe infectious and inflammatory skin lesions, especially in cases of pathogen resistance to penicillin.It is forbidden to use in severe renal and hepatic failure, as well as in case of hypersensitivity to gentamicin.In addition, it is important to know that it is used in adults and children older than 1 month.
In severe cases, the clinical detection of streptococcal systemic antibiotic use and is applied to the damaged skin ointment, which contain hormones.
«Triderm" can be called among effective drugs.It is a comprehensive tool, since it contains three active ingredients - betamethasone, clotrimazole and gentamicin, which ensures its anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal activity."Triderm" should not be applied to large areas of the body or to hold him long-term therapy.
As the experience of childhood is absent, said ointment may be used only in the adult population.It is worth noting that prior to use of any drug should consult a doctor.
12 May, 2016