Tar soap lice : help or not ?
Medicine / / May 10, 2016
- Medicinal properties of birch tar
- feasibility of using tar soap to combat head lice
- How to get rid of lice tar soap?
- Nuances selector with birch tar and its application
fear of toxicity and contra weight inherent in modern protivopedikuleznym drugs, pushing people to seek safer means, often referring to the experience of their grandmothers.
One old facility - the usual tar soap - again gaining popularity in the fight against head lice.But do not trust the advice of friends and relatives.The right decision in this case - to listen to the opinion of an expert in the field of dermatology, study the information on the safety and effectiveness of funds level.Only after that should decide whether or not to rely on this tool in the extermination of the hated insects.
Medicinal properties of birch tar
Tar birch is truly a miracle.Its positive effect in the treatment of various skin ailments written many articles.Briefly list the therapeutic effect of this natural means you can:
- has antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral effects.Effective against streptococcal, acne, fungal skin lesions.Perfectly eliminates inflammation.
- It has antipruritic effect.It soothes the skin while preventing the appearance of scratching and the subsequent infection of wounds.
- Has a healing effect.Drying effect and stimulate the regeneration properties of the components of tar soaps are used to accelerate the healing of various skin lesions.
- Has a drying effect.This tar soap copes with excessive oiliness of the skin, preventing the appearance of acne.
- antiparasitic action - tar soap against lice.The unique combination of phenols and alkali dissolves protein compounds parasites, which greatly reduces their viability.
feasibility of using tar soap to combat head lice
The first question that arises when the decision to use tool - helps if tar soap from head lice?The unequivocal answer is no.Of course, in protivopedikuleznye properties of tar are present, but its efficiency largely depends on the application and combination with other drugs.The most effective methods are presented below.
second question: Is it safe to use tar soap?The question is unequivocal - is absolutely safe even for young children and pregnant women.A single reservation.Tar soap has a strong drying effect, so people with dry skin should limit the duration of its effect and the frequency of application.
Very rarely tar soap in the form of cause allergic reactions.To soothe vigilant person can carry out sensitivity tests: soap elbow bend and see the reaction in a few minutes.If does not appear itching, redness and irritation of the delicate skin, tar soap can be quite easy to use.
How to get rid of lice tar soap?
There are two methods of using tar soap to combat intruders in her hair.
tar soap + comb
- hair washed with soap and rinsed off.
- In the second application to the hair, a dense lather, which should be kept, without washing, for 15 - 40 min.The longer the exposure time, the more pronounced will be the action that weakens the lice and nits.
- After rinsing necessarily combing comb parasites.
- processing is repeated after a few days to complete disappearance of the insects.
Important!It is not necessary to hope that tar soap will kill all the lice and nits unhatched.This explains the need for a thorough comb for combing out nits.
tar soap + insecticide
With this combination of phased manipulation following:
- protivopedikuleznym processing means according to the instructions.
- washing soap head.
tar soap weakens the parasites and increases the effectiveness of shampoo or gel with an insecticide.This excellent tar heals bites space and eliminates the itching.
Important!For guaranteed cure for head lice is not enough use of only tar soap.Be sure to use the comb, or a combination with another agent.
Nuances selector with birch tar and its application
- Liquid and solid soap must be composed of at least 10% of birch tar.Generally, liquid forms have a lower concentration.High-quality soap has a dark brown color and a pronounced specific aroma.
- concentrates birch tar in vials, which are sold in pharmacies, can cause a burn.They need to raise up to 15 - 20% concentration.
- Do not be afraid of unpleasant odor.It disappears after a few minutes after shampooing.
- one procedure is not enough for the complete elimination of lice and nits.The treatment is repeated until after 10 - 12 days after the last treatment, the head will not be completely free of parasites.
tar soap from head lice does not bring instant getting rid of parasites.However, the safety of tar soap gives it means a significant advantage in comparison with insecticides.To guarantee a cure must adhere to the above methods.