Hydrogen peroxide from nail fungus
Medicine / / August 12, 2017
- What is special about hydrogen peroxide?
- How to treat nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide?
- Criteria cure onychomycosis onychomycosis Prevention
- using peroxide and other means
- Should the presence of nail fungus use H2O2 in?
often nail fungus (onychomycosis) is a highly resilient infectious disease, the treatment of which can last for 6 months or more.Its main symptoms - seal the nail plate, as well as thickening and change its color (it usually turns white, yellow or grayish-brown).Hydrogen peroxide is a cheap and affordable means which when used properly can accelerate healing and prevent recurrence of the disease.
What is special about hydrogen peroxide?
widely known and accessible pharmacy 3% hydrogen peroxide solution (chemical formula - H2O2) is obtained by diluting with water perhydrol containing up to 30-40% of the substance.More concentrated solutions of peroxide in medical applications and in life are not commonly used.
peroxide H2O2 molecule is very similar to a mol
This property of hydrogen peroxide is widely used in medical practice, because it is able well to disinfect, deodorize and clean.In terms of the treatment of onychomycosis of H2O2 is used as an auxiliary product for the topical treatment that is well eliminates odors and helps to cleanse and soften the affected areas of the nail plate.
should be remembered that if the treatment of nail fungus exclusively with hydrogen peroxide, a complete cure may not occur.
How to treat nail fungus with hydrogen peroxide?
is necessary to apply twice a day H2O2 on a cotton swab and apply to the affected fungal infection of the nail for 15 minutes.After that, you must apply one of the recommended doctor protivomikoticheskih funds, because she 3% peroxide -I usually does not destroy the spores of the fungus.In general, the treatment of onychomycosis of the scheme is as follows:
- Systemic therapy involves antifungal, immunomodulatory, and angioprotective bracing means.Usually, in order to destroy the fungus recommended Nizoral, Lamisil and other similar drugs.Treatment Duration: 4-6 months.
- Topical therapy involves two steps - removal of the affected nail fungus and treatment directly to the nail bed and the nail grows new.
removal of the affected nail fungus can be carried out surgically or conservatively (eg by sawing).Next, in the nail bed prepared by one of the following applied antifungal agents:
- Andriasian liquid (glycerol, acetic acid and ethyl alcohol);
- salitsilovo- benzoic acid with Dimexidum;
- fungicidal ointment: Kanesten, Mikospor, Lamisil, travogen and others.
Criteria cure onychomycosis
nail plate should again buy your natural look, and tested for the presence of the fungus - to become negative.
Prevention of onychomycosis using peroxide and other means
- in case of reduction of local or systemic immunity is necessary to treat the underlying disease, which provokes the development of onychomycosis, as well as strengthen the body's defenses and improve blood circulation;
- have individual slippers when visiting swimming pools, showers, public baths and saunas;
- not wear someone else's socks, tights, slippers and other footwear;
- during the heat wear well-ventilated shoes, frequently change socks;
- when excessive sweating feet is necessary to use appropriate hygienic means;
- carefully to make foot care, regularly making the foot bath with baking soda or H2O2;
- clean the surface of the nail and feet of dead skin particles, using hydrogen peroxide and soft abrasives.
With a view to preventing recurrence of the disease should be 1 time in 2 months and show a dermatologist to be tested for the presence of the fungus.
Should the presence of nail fungus use H2O2 in?
According to most medical experts, not to do so for the following reasons:
- when consuming large amounts of peroxide inside it damages the mucous membrane of the stomach and esophagus and cause burns when taking concentrated solutions;
- somewhat diluted with water and made into drops of 3% H2O2 solution is practically not absorbed into the bloodstream and do not get to your destination - the nail plate.This is due to the fact that the interaction of blood with H2O2 enzymes it foams and promotes the formation of blood clots.
Therefore, the safest way to treat onychomycosis peroxide - outdoor use solution.
12 Aug, 2017